Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Space Base - A homebrew ICB/ZP  (Read 19617 times)

AlienInferno

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
    • My Blog - The Feve-cade!
Re: Space Base - A homebrew ICB/ZP
« Reply #200 on: May 20, 2015, 09:29:07 pm »
Wow!  Been a while since I logged into the BYOAC forums and I find this.  Holy  :censored: ! Good work guys.  Now finish this so I can add yet another build to my list of things wanted.

sushy18

• Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #201 on: May 28, 2016, 10:49:14 am »
Hi,
amazing job !!!
there is some news about this project ?
is it possible to have/buy some cnc plan?
I'm new in this forum i can't PM the author.

if he/you read me, i'will be glad to read you.

best regards

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Online Online
  • 2013 UCA Awardee
« Reply #202 on: May 28, 2016, 02:59:23 pm »
Welcome aboard, Shushy18.   ;D

Your PMs should be working now.   :cheers:

Scott

XXVII

• Offline Offline
« Reply #203 on: July 24, 2016, 06:56:28 pm »
Hey Le Chuck, IDS, and eds1275,

We're years late to the party, but a gaggle of us on Pinside have only recently discovered and been inspired by your incredible project and we would love to give a go at building our own based off your pioneering work. You mentioned in the first post of this thread that you were planning to open source the whole thing. Will that still happen?

Some of us have a vague idea of how to move forward, but we're stuck on various issues. For example, how did you guys make the telescoping rod? Did it have to be custom fabricated or were there some off-the-shelf components that you were able to modify into it?

Would love to hear your insight. Thanks, and great work!

Le Chuck

• I want a new quote!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Yots is an Arrogant Tallywacker
« Reply #204 on: July 25, 2016, 07:50:15 am »
Hey everyone, I'm glad to see this still has some interest.  It certainly isn't dead but it has been moving slowly for the last year or so.  A lot of life changes for several team members that had to be sorted out before work could resume, myself included!

All that said, I will be getting back into this shortly.  I'll be fabbing up a second playfield (the first is with IDS) and I'll do a step by step build up on that.  I can't put a deadline on anything past that but I'll be starting the playfield in August as soon as I finish the panel I'm building for my boys. 

Once complete everything will go open source, the reason we aren't do releases as we go is because things are still in flux and I personally don't want to put out bad poop, have someone spend money, get ahead of me only to find out it doesn't work as advertised.  Plans, parts lists, music, code, the works.

As it stands now the only truly custom fabricated bits are on the ball the return (which is simple) and the circuit boards (which is supposedly simple for those in the know but might as well be rocket surgery for me).  Everything else is off-the-shelf modded or tooled. 

Regular updates to recommence soon.  Thanks!

AlienInferno

• Offline Offline
    • My Blog - The Feve-cade!
« Reply #205 on: August 04, 2016, 06:22:51 pm »
I for one am still interested. Just patiently waiting in the corner.

skipper.nick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #206 on: May 11, 2018, 11:04:57 pm »
Hi!

Really love the artwork and designs! Seems like you have put alot of work into this project and made it pretty far! Gorgeous!

Was it ever finished?

You mentioned wanting to release the designs as open source once done. Great :) Even if you never finished it, I for one would LOVE LOVE any files, templates, diagrams etc that you produced along the way. Even if never completed it would give one a HUGE head start on making a similar game. Full disclaimer of work in progress understood and accepted :)

Please consider! Thanks in advance!!!

Ian

• Offline Offline
  • "A day without Laughter is a day wasted"
« Reply #207 on: May 15, 2018, 06:54:43 pm »
Yes... an update would rock!
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

eds1275

• Offline Offline
  • Rock and Roll!
« Reply #208 on: May 19, 2018, 10:20:50 am »
I wrote the music and did some sound effects. Unfortunately since then I got divorced, lost my house/audio studio, got robbed, got really sick and nearly died, went blind in one eye and am currently renting a room in a friend's place "for a month or two" beginning 16 months ago. Things are on the up though, looking at real estate Wednesday and hoping to lock in an offer on a place that's big enough for my audio business and lifestyle (the blindness is pretty crippling, I can't enjoy reading or television, video games with decent graphics. Anything visual just gives me headaches due to my dumb eye straining to focus - but for some reason I am still legal to ride a motorcycle [I CHOOSE NOT TO THOUGH.]) I just play an obscene amount of guitar while I'm not working. It's not all bad. But currently I'm not set up to do anything more than edit audio or work with one of two microphones since most of my belongings are in storage.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31