Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 124258 times)

isilkin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I can confirm version 8.0 does not work with model2. 7.6 is what I have to go back to. Also, wiimote vibration does work with demulshooter but it has to be set to maximum in order to work.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Also, wiimote vibration does work with demulshooter but it has to be set to maximum in order to work.
Maybe Wiimote (or Wiimote driver) don't accept different levels of vibrations....I can't test it myself but it's nice to know, I'll add this in the wiki

I can confirm version 8.0 does not work with model2. 7.6 is what I have to go back to.
Could you make me a debug file too ?
And it may be helpfull for any non-working model2 config to give me also your desktop resolution and the fullscreen resolution setting you're using with model2 (and any weird thing like DxWnd or not, CRT with weird resolution, etc....)

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
Here they are, very self-explanatory, model640x480.txt is using model2 without dxwnd at interlaced resolution. model640x480_dxwnd640x240.txt is changing resolution to 640x240 and using dxwnd to display m2 emulator at that resolution. In both cases aiming is always at 0,0.
If I use demulshooter 7.6a, I get the y axis missaligned, as described xbrunox

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Here they are, very self-explanatory, model640x480.txt is using model2 without dxwnd at interlaced resolution. model640x480_dxwnd640x240.txt is changing resolution to 640x240 and using dxwnd to display m2 emulator at that resolution. In both cases aiming is always at 0,0.
If I use demulshooter 7.6a, I get the y axis missaligned, as described xbrunox
Does it work with any other game/emulator ?? Judging by your debug file, all your guns are sending X=0 and Y=0 as rawinput data :o
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 06:20:56 pm by argonlefou »

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
Yes,, the only problemseems to be m2

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
I can't say for sure because of the weirdness of your debug file, but could you try this one ?
A debug.txt could be usefull too with this one

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
Same as 7.6a and before. 640x480 works ok, but if I use dxwnd to resize to 640x240, the y axis gets missaligned.
The strange thing is xbrunox said 7.6b worked for him, while for me had the same 0,0 problem as 8.0 if I remember correctly, later I''l comprove this.
Heis using crt but wiimotes if I remember ok, and I'm using crt guns with topgun driver, which only emulates guns like mice, maybe this is the problem

Scroom

• Offline Offline
Seems like 7.6b and 8.0 is totally broken :(, guns end up not working and flying over to the left corner or right lower corner. Guns wont work at all when RawInput=1 is on in Model 2. Seems like RawInput=0 works, but then player 2 will fire ammo from both 1 and 2.

argonlefou the file you posted for phasermaniac seems to solve the issue with demulshooter and model2. I posted a log of the vanilla 8.0  :soapbox:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 02:00:12 am by Scroom »

tony.silveira

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Online Online
    • my baby
does this work with demul and dreamcast games?  i have it set up in rlauncher but noticed a shot to the right hand upper corner forced the game from full to window.

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
Hi everyone, I'm back from Holidays!.

I confirm that I use 2 wiimote with 2 dolphinbars. I'm probably the only one who uses 2 dolphinbars and not just one. The 2 dolphinbars are configured in mode2 so that each dolphinbar sees a wiimote as a mouse.
For windows I have connected 2 mouse.

With this configuration and the DemulShooter_v7.6b.zip version everything works perfectly. (model2 with dxwnd and demul.)

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Same as 7.6a and before. 640x480 works ok, but if I use dxwnd to resize to 640x240, the y axis gets missaligned.
The strange thing is xbrunox said 7.6b worked for him, while for me had the same 0,0 problem as 8.0 if I remember correctly, later I''l comprove this.
Heis using crt but wiimotes if I remember ok, and I'm using crt guns with topgun driver, which only emulates guns like mice, maybe this is the problem
Seems like 7.6b and 8.0 is totally broken :(, guns end up not working and flying over to the left corner or right lower corner. Guns wont work at all when RawInput=1 is on in Model 2. Seems like RawInput=0 works, but then player 2 will fire ammo from both 1 and 2.

argonlefou the file you posted for phasermaniac seems to solve the issue with demulshooter and model2. I posted a log of the vanilla 8.0  :soapbox:
This new update, including the "phasermaniac.zip" patch for Model2 should work for almost everyone now (except for you phasermaniac, unfortunatelly I don't know what could happen with your very specific setup  :()
Well at least I hope so....

does this work with demul and dreamcast games?  i have it set up in rlauncher but noticed a shot to the right hand upper corner forced the game from full to window.
No, just arcade games, not Dreamcast
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 05:21:16 pm by argonlefou »

Scroom

• Offline Offline
Perfect Thanks :D

One question, when I try to run Naomi HOTD2 with the following command.

DemulShooter.exe -target=demul07a -rom=hotd2 -noresize

Both guns will shoot at the same time and I cant figure out why they will do that. The guns also register as the same gun  :dizzy:

Edit:

Demul has been updated alot since 171111,  this is what caused the issue. aegonlefou could you look into updating  ;D?

http://forum.emu-russia.net/viewtopic.php?p=26178#p26178
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 11:57:17 pm by Scroom »

tony.silveira

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Online Online
    • my baby
iím will my to pay to get it to work with dreamcast games!  such a small title line up, not sure how difficult it would be?  thanks a ton for this app!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline

Demul has been updated alot since 171111,  this is what caused the issue. aegonlefou could you look into updating  ;D?

http://forum.emu-russia.net/viewtopic.php?p=26178#p26178
Thanks for the link, I didn't even know about these updates....they didn't put any of these releases on their download page :o
So now, we have to follow a russian forum to have latest versions  :-\
I'll have a look as soon as I can

iím will my to pay to get it to work with dreamcast games!  such a small title line up, not sure how difficult it would be?  thanks a ton for this app!
As far as I know, the whole line up is made of Arcade ports.
So I have no interrest in it, and it would be too time-consumming for nothing new or better

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31