Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 143481 times)

DMB77

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #1400 on: November 08, 2018, 05:59:25 pm »
Okay the script worked just not sure why demul isn't auto hiding mouse in full screen.
Not sure if it's an error in Demul.  Mouse still autohides in version111117

Did "F11" key not work?

No F11 just shows/hides the red cursor.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 06:07:48 pm by DMB77 »
Fate flies in fear of the moment

dgrace

• Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #1401 on: November 08, 2018, 06:24:22 pm »
Vcop3 in windowed mode worked great.  But you're right, in fullscreen mode, it's pretty buggy and all over the place.  Thanks for working on this.  Despite the screen being smaller (since it's in windowed mode) it's still way more fun with my aimtraks.  I'm sure once Cxbx does some updates, it will look way nicer (graphics wise) and will be easier to play in fullscreen mode with the guns.  Thanks again!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1402 on: November 08, 2018, 06:34:08 pm »
For deathcox I am having this problem. The demul emulator 180428 has deathcox and deathcoxo for its list of games. For some reason it only loads deathcoxo. This is not true of other demul emulators. I can get them to load deathcox just fine. However, this one is different and of course since it can not load deathcox but only deathcoxo demulshooter does not work with it. I have the same setup with multiple demul emulators with roms and bios. So, it is something within this emulator. I am not sure how to get it to work without a different demul and a different demuls shooter that is compatible. I think other people who have a working deathcox probably are using a different demul and different version of demul shooter. I don't see anyway around this.
I can confirm that deathcoxo rom is working fine as well with the last demul and demulshooter, just use -rom=deathcox ti run DemulShooter
I don't know if deathcoxo appeared on the last build or before, but indeed the previous deathcox rom is not loading anymore (I think it can be settled by changing the rom according to MAME romset but I have no time for that)
Rom's variations aren't changing anything for DemulShooter for input and controls. And even 99% of Naomi/NAomi2 roms are handled the same way (Ninja Assault and Lupin beeing some exception)
I just created different parameters back then to apply different "Widescreen Hack" for each version of the rom if needed.
Thanks for pointing that out though, I don't re-test every rom each time and so I'll add a -target=deathcoxo parameter in the next build

I am also having a problem with ninjasltu. I can get in just fine and I think script is working but guns are not calibrated so they are not aiming at all. This service/test menu is different from any other one I have used in demul. To get into it you hit 0. To proceed on a choice you hit ctrl. I do not know how to go up and down so I can get anywhere. I have tired every key except f keys because they do not work in windows 10 well. I usually change them in emulator settings if there is something that needs them. However, I can not see any way to change this. This service menu is different and editing things that I can see do not change it. For example I have my service and test keys set to 8 and 9. But, you have to enter 0 to even get in this one. Anyway, if I could figure out how to navigate to calibrate the gun I think this one would work.
For Ninjaslt you enter TEST mode by pressing the "JVS TEST" button (from controller config) which is 0 for me too
If you press it on boot you get to the whole system TEST menu
If you press it on the game's main screen you get to the game TEST menu (with calibration and coin option for the game). For this one I can go up/down with [Z] and [ S] key (AZERTY keyboard) and select with Numpad4
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 06:36:46 pm by argonlefou »

MrLightgun

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1403 on: November 08, 2018, 07:19:12 pm »
I've upgraded to DemulShooter 8.3 and the latest working version of Demul (demul07_180428) but now when I enter full screen my mouse won't hide like it used to in previous versions.  Any idea how to fix this?

You've probably tried this but doing alt-enter to go back out of fullscreen mode and then alt-enter to go back in removes the mouse cursor when I have this issue for me.

mickey1007

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1404 on: November 08, 2018, 09:25:42 pm »
Hi, i need help on setting up 2 mouses in one pc for any arcade light games. Anyone can pls help?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1405 on: November 09, 2018, 03:07:38 am »
For deathcox I am having this problem. The demul emulator 180428 has deathcox and deathcoxo for its list of games. For some reason it only loads deathcoxo. This is not true of other demul emulators. I can get them to load deathcox just fine. However, this one is different and of course since it can not load deathcox but only deathcoxo demulshooter does not work with it. I have the same setup with multiple demul emulators with roms and bios. So, it is something within this emulator. I am not sure how to get it to work without a different demul and a different demuls shooter that is compatible. I think other people who have a working deathcox probably are using a different demul and different version of demul shooter. I don't see anyway around this.
Just for information, I just got a deathcox.zip rom from MAME 0.199 romset, it's working perfectly now with Demul
Working deathcox.zip CRC32 = C3BD99E1

You've probably tried this but doing alt-enter to go back out of fullscreen mode and then alt-enter to go back in removes the mouse cursor when I have this issue for me.
It's working but it may not be a good solution for frontend users on a cab without any keyboard  ;)

Hi, i need help on setting up 2 mouses in one pc for any arcade light games. Anyone can pls help?
No, because there is no way you can do that with 2 regular mice

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1406 on: November 09, 2018, 03:52:01 pm »
Hi! I tested last version and runs nice in vc3 windowed, not fullscreen.
It works faster than using x360ce for emulating the analog with the guns in joystick mode. so with demulshooter I can play with crt guns, thanks!
Sorry Argon, what did you use to edit .afs graphics in house of dead 3 pc?

mrmpdale

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1407 on: November 09, 2018, 09:14:35 pm »
Just for information, I just got a deathcox.zip rom from MAME 0.199 romset, it's working perfectly now with Demul
Working deathcox.zip CRC32 = C3BD99E1

If you don't mind it still be helpful if your program could run deathcoxo. Since sites have been going down everywhere it is harder for me to find good roms then before. I wouldn't know where to find this new updated deathcox.zip you found. Thanks for your consideration.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1408 on: November 10, 2018, 04:29:51 am »
Sorry Argon, what did you use to edit .afs graphics in house of dead 3 pc?
This one can simply be opened with 7-Zip ! You can extract DDS files, wich are DirectX textures files

If you don't mind it still be helpful if your program could run deathcoxo. Since sites have been going down everywhere it is harder for me to find good roms then before. I wouldn't know where to find this new updated deathcox.zip you found. Thanks for your consideration.
You should pay more attention to my answer : you can already run deathcoxo with the command -rom=deathcox
And as I said : I do totally agree with you,  the command -rom=deathcoxo will be added in the next release. But, as for all hotd2 commands, they all share the same input handling system and are basically only alliases to respect the ROMset naming convention. So no hurry

And to point out a working deathcoxo rom never meant that I won't add it, but just that this is not an emulator issue or something like this....there is a way to make all those rom work

mrmpdale

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1409 on: November 10, 2018, 12:16:02 pm »
thanks argonlefou for clairfying. I just wanted to make sure you add deathcoxo because in rocket launcher it is a challenge to get it to load rom deathcoxo but get it to run your demulshooter deathcox because of the way they set up code in module for demul.

Anyway, I have moved up to technoparrot now. I was able to get sgg to run without any problems. I am having problems with lgi and sdr because I get to calibration screen and it doesn't let me really do anything. I have calibrated stuff on several systems like mame, and demul. I am not sure why it isn't let me calibrate. It doesn't seem to register my gun movement. I have no idea why. How do you calibrate these 2 games, lgi and sdr? BTW, I haven't tried OG yet because after I figure out lgi and sdr I will try to get OG to run in fullscreen and then get demulshooter to work. I haven't gotten there yet but plan to.

sushko

• Offline Offline
Hi

I am having a strange problem with Demulshooter. It is closing Demul after memory hack is complete.  The log is how I know this. I have tried other emulators and it is working fine. I would also like to mention that this was previously working. I had just tried to play Maze of kings and it seems like it broke I don't know when it happened.

It also seems like it's only happening on my emulator PC I have tried it on my laptop and it's working fine. If I run the emulator without Demulshooter everything works perfectly.

Any help would be great.

Thanks Rich

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31