Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: My experience buying a new Time Crisis pedal from Betson  (Read 270 times)

KenToad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:02:12 pm
  • Flap Flap Flap
My experience buying a new Time Crisis pedal from Betson
« on: January 13, 2021, 11:19:14 am »
Just wanted to let folks know that you can buy a brand new Time Crisis pedal from Betson Imperial for about $100. I chose standard UPS shipping. It took about a week to arrive and they charged me $30 to ship it from New Jersey to Wisconsin, but it's really heavy, about 10 pounds, so that seems reasonable. I should also mention that it took a few days before the purchase was approved and they sent the item. They also don't give you the shipping and handling amount upfront. I imagine that you might be able to call them and ask for estimated rates before purchasing.

https://www.betsonparts.com/amusement-redemption/namco-red-pedal-assembly-for-time-crisis-and-crisis-zone.html

No rust, no squeak, and not that much more money than what a lot of people are paying on ebay. I have an old playstation non-analog controller that I hacked the R1 button to use this pedal on my PS1 and PS2 consoles. I tried using it on my PS3 for Time Crisis 4 and unfortunately couldn't get it to work, although the controller functions through a USB converter.

If you do order one, be aware that you need a star bit screwdriver to open it up and the existing wiring is purple to Normally Open (NO), black is ground, and green is grounded to the metal body of the pedal.

I've been thinking about buying one of these for a long time, generally balking at the price, but I caved after seeing this YouTube video:

« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 12:17:22 pm by KenToad »