Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Is Foley really the devil..?? (Previously: RetroBlast is a traitor..??)  (Read 58909 times)

SirPoonga

• Puck'em Up
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2023, 09:22:35 pm
  • The Bears Still Suck!
Re: RetroBlast is a traitor..??
« Reply #120 on: June 13, 2005, 02:01:52 pm »
Now your point of not having them on the keywiz because they take up inputs is moot.  Now that you have the stealth shift thing you still have more inputs than most people need.  So what stops you from adding the support?
I don't think you fully understand the stealth-shift thing.  If you want to use all 32-inputs for gaming, then stealth-shift can be used for admin buttons.  You can't just decide to use 28 inputs and stealth-shift for an additional four action keys.

Maybe we need to get into this in the rebuttal thread.

You are right, I don;t understand it based on one of your comments

"It should also be mentioned that with the use of Stealth-shifted buttons, support for four player four button games with Coin and Start buttons is a real possibility, something that can't be done with an I-PAC/2.   Four-player 3-buttons games with Pause and Escape and shifted inputs for Coin and Start are also easily accomplished.  The I-PAC/2 can at best work with 27 inputs as a 4-player 2-button (27 useable) inputs controller (with restrictions below)."

I did the math incorrectly.  I stand corrected :)

SirPoonga

• Puck'em Up
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • The Bears Still Suck!
« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2005, 02:08:19 pm »
No, to the user.  Read the post again and then tell me where you intend to find the much coveted Atari buttons.  Would you like me to post the ~$90 auction for an otherwise bare and beaten Centipede panel?
Different topic, but still off topic, I will respond though.
May not be on there at this moment but I got my two silver volcanos for $5 each.  And I see old unknown atari control panels go for $20 and you get a couple of volcanos and joysticks :)
You just have to be patient and have a watchful eye.  Not everything you want is on ebay at this moment.
I picked up a single black volcano for $2 from a local vendor.

if you look hard enough and not take the first thing you find you cna find volcanos for cheap, well, relativaly cheap condirering there is that one site that sells them for $15.

Same applies to LS30s.  I picked up one LS30 for $10.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 02:12:37 pm by SirPoonga »

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2005, 02:17:11 pm »

SirPoonga

• Puck'em Up
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • The Bears Still Suck!
« Reply #123 on: June 13, 2005, 02:27:36 pm »
I have a box of them.  They can be had reasonably if you wait long enough for the right deals.  Anything in this hobby can be had for a fairly reasonable price if you're willing to wait on it.  It's the gotta have it now now now attitude that makes things cost too much.
As with most things.  If you want it now it tends to cost more:)

Anyway, back on topic.  I would review an ultracade if someone gave me one.  After the review I might hand it over to someone a little more sinister than me to disasseble it to see how it ticks :)
Actually, I'd probably keep the cabinet, put new artwork on it since I don't like ultracade's 3D anime style, and put my 1942 board in there.

Heh, and I just got a couple of for "free".  Granted they are never being removed from the control panel but I am now an owner of an asteroids that was given to me (with a non-working monitor :( )

I got my leafs for "free" too.  They came on my double dragon II cabinet.  They just need a new shaft.  However they are going to stay on the cabinet too when I fix it up.  I'm having issues with finding artwork.  I found a guy who has some, but since he didn't want to send me pics so I could verify if he had the white cpo and not the tan one I gave up on him.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 02:34:10 pm by SirPoonga »

RandyT

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:47:41 am
  • Friends don't let friends hack keyboards.
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2005, 02:32:06 pm »
I talk with the people around here regularly.  i know you do to which makes me wonder why your opinion varies so much.

That's because everyone isn't the same and don't have the same ideas or ideals.  I have people contact me asking why you hammer on me and my products incessantly, but others don't see it that way.  Everyone is going to have a different take on things, be it RetroBlast, Foley, Retroblast or RandyT :)  I think it's got something to do with that "diversity" thing people keep talking about.

Heh, you have pretty biased info, so how is that "less"?

The interested party gets to see not only your side, but my side, as well as all the other sides out there and become educated.  If they just listen to you, they just get your side.

I hardly see you in the chat.  Most of the people chat in the evenings.

I'm a fairly busy guy and I pop in once in a while using the guest account from the board.  If nobody is home, which is most of the time, I'll leave without signing in.  No fun chatting with yourself :)

My point was I have been in this community for a long time. and talk with many people regularly.  Even outside of the forum.

Great! You don't think you are the only one that can say that, do you?  "This community" extends well beyond "this website", and even so, I have a few years under my belt here as well.

There's three types of gamers here, in general.  There's those who play the classics (anything before 1990 basically), those who play early-mid 90s games, and those who play the more modern games.
Most everyone in the classics section will want to replicate the blinking lights because most of the games in that era are atari.  it's that simple.
When you are ready to back this up with some numbers, be sure to post back.  By my count, the assertion you just made about pre-1990's games is bizarre at best.
Lest's see your count then?

You made the assertion, so I believe the onus is upon you to provide documentation for your statement once it has been called into question.  But in any case, if you think Atari was the "majority" holder of titles pre-1990, I think you are just loopy :)

if you hung around in this community you'd get that feeling.  If I can get HowardC in here he'd tell you the same thing.  I belong to the classics group, he belongs to the early-mid 90s.

I know HC and you see eye-to-eye on a lot of things.  It doesn't  mean that you are representative of a group of people.

It's like if they comeout with identical PC lightguns, but one has recoil, which one do you think people will prefer?  While recoil doesn't add to gameplay it adds to the experience.

Funny, I always thought that clunky plasticky soundling recoil had more cheese than Wisconsin, but I've fired real .45's.  I'd like mine without, please, especially if I have to pay more for it.

I supported my view with fact.  A large percentage of the pre 1990 games are atari.  Most of those have LEDs.  People seek the volcano buttons often around here.

Actually it's not fact until you offer some sort of documenting evidence.  It's still pretty much "wild supposition" in my book.

I didn't want to bring your products into this, I just wanted it a discussion about the ideas, but since you make a keyboard encoder...

You always bring my products into question, every possible chance you get.  You do it so often, I can't believe you just wrote that :)

Now your point of not having them on the keywiz because they take up inputs is moot.  Now that you have the stealth shift thing you still have more inputs than most people need.  So what stops you from adding the support?

You also never have a problem talking about my products regardless of the fact that you have never even held one in your hands.  Please tell me what it is that qualifies you to make statements, like the one above, when you obviously don't even understand how they work?  Do you think that needing to build a circuit to support high-output LED's is "good thing"?  Or maybe that it's worth an extra $15 or more on top of your encoder purchase so you don't need to?   Wasn't it you who had a burned out input on your encoder because of the LED you used (my apologies if it wasn't, but ...)? 

We have opposite ideas.  That's the problem between us.  But as you see by other replies there are other people with simular opinions to me.  i hope you see that and take advantage of it.

SirP, I know you think that everything that is important revolves around the microcosm you seem to be attempting to maintain here, but it just isn't so.  There are thousands of good, smart, hard-working folks we are proud to have been able to call "happy customers" over the past couple of years, a good number who come back again and again.  This is the yardstick I have to measure things by, not annonymous condemning voices whose motives you can't know.

RandyT

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #125 on: June 13, 2005, 02:36:53 pm »
I have a box of them.  They can be had reasonably if you wait long enough for the right deals.  Anything in this hobby can be had for a fairly reasonable price if you're willing to wait on it.  It's the gotta have it now now now attitude that makes things cost too much.

Actually, it's people sitting on boxes of them that is driving the cost up  :P

RandyT

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #126 on: June 13, 2005, 02:44:31 pm »
Actually, it's people sitting on boxes of them that is driving the cost up

dema

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 02, 2014, 03:05:34 am
« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2005, 02:48:13 pm »

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #128 on: June 13, 2005, 02:48:30 pm »

That is so not how supply and demand works.  Buyers drive up cost by shelling out the money.  If no one paid $15 then a cone button wouldn't be worth that much.

But that so is how supply is reduced, therefore causing a buyer to be willing to pay those prices,

RandyT

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #129 on: June 13, 2005, 03:02:46 pm »

It's not hoarders (and my 8 spare buttons do not qualify as a hoard, just a bunch) that are causing that so much as old parts being trashed and old parts failing.  There probably aren't nearly as many being hoarded as there are being thrown away.

IntruderAlert

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 02, 2007, 09:10:59 am
  • Chicken.. Fight Like A Robot
    • Intruder Alert
« Reply #130 on: June 13, 2005, 03:07:36 pm »
I can't wait for Kev's review of the ULTRACADE to find out if it has blinking ATARI start buttons  :P

Witchboard

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 05, 2022, 09:09:24 pm
    • Oklahoma Coin-Operated Collectors
« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2005, 03:11:31 pm »
The lighted cone buttons are easy to find and can be found cheap.

SirPoonga

• Puck'em Up
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • The Bears Still Suck!
« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2005, 03:30:25 pm »
I said that's enough, but you obviously don't want it to be so I won't :)  Actually, I just want to correct somethings you said, not argue anymore.

You also never have a problem talking about my products regardless of the fact that you have never even held one in your hands.  Please tell me what it is that qualifies you to make statements, like the one above, when you obviously don't even understand how they work? 
How do you know that?
I had an original keywiz at one point.  Bought it from someone else because I wanted to try it.  Also just because I don't own one doesn't mean I haven;t used one.  like I said, I talk to people outside of the forum.  I have met someone with one and tried it out.
What I was wrong with I correctled in a reply, I took something tiger-heli said incorrectly.

Now that I have a job I am getting ready to buy stuff again.  I will be purchasing a wiz49 for my upright.  When I make my cocktail I think I will move the ipac to that wince I remember volcanos on cocktails more so than uprights.  If I can get the wiz49 do be a complete replacement to the ipaq (IE I can figure out a way to map the buttons to have all the features I currently have) I will just use that.  Otheriwse if these LED boards work out, and they are programmable, I will get a keywiz eco because it is cheap and I don't have to deal with large shipping.  Hopefully with the LED boards I can control a relay for my qbert knocker...  I've been trying to come up with a good solution for that for years.
However, since I did pick up this asteroids machine my priority is going to be to get the monitor working.  So probably not until the end of summer I will start planning my cocktail :( 
But you will get some sales from me now.  You have the best prices for what you get.  If you could come out with something, USB, that is cheaper than the optipac I would almost buy that instantly because that is the major issue in my upright.  I want a single USB cord coming out of the control panel for my tball and spinner, and I don;t want hacks.  I want a commercial product.  But the optipac is too much for me for what you get.
Heck, my ultimate interface would be a 2 player setup with tball and spinner in one cord.  The mini-pac does not do this.  You need two ribbon cables to do that so it really doesn't solve the problem.  Come out with that and have it be less than or equal in cost than multiple interfaces and you hae a goldmine, well, in this community :)

Yeah, I know I ask alot of questions.  But that's because I want to know what I am getting BEFORE I get it.  I usually don't buy something without knowing what I can and can't do with it.  I don't have the money to throw around incase I don't like something.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #133 on: June 13, 2005, 03:31:03 pm »
The really annoying part about the LED buttons is that the buttons are easy but the stupid cones are hard!

SirPoonga

• Puck'em Up
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • The Bears Still Suck!
« Reply #134 on: June 13, 2005, 03:32:06 pm »

RandyT
Randy, I love this comment.  I've been trying to find those nintendo button holders.  They are hard to come by.  However I know someone in the community that has a bunch of them.  grrrrr!!!!

SirPoonga

• Puck'em Up
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • The Bears Still Suck!
« Reply #135 on: June 13, 2005, 03:32:21 pm »
The really annoying part about the LED buttons is that the buttons are easy but the stupid cones are hard!
Especially if an LED burns out.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #136 on: June 13, 2005, 03:34:19 pm »
Especially if an LED burns out.

I've never looked at one hard enough, can the LEDs be replaced?  I mean, it's just an LED, right?

Kremmit

• - AHOTW -
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 22, 2020, 05:59:29 pm
  • Who the heck is that?
« Reply #137 on: June 13, 2005, 03:44:32 pm »

Gamecab sells decent repros.

The lighted cone buttons are easy to find and can be found cheap.  It's the black opaque ones that seem to evade me.

Maybe one of these could be made to serve.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,34207.msg336161.html#msg336161

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2005, 03:46:54 pm »
This from a guy with an avatar that appears to be a monster made entirely of crap.

dema

• Offline Offline
« Reply #139 on: June 13, 2005, 04:05:12 pm »
This from a guy with an avatar that appears to be a monster made entirely of crap.

LOL!

I just chose it because I wanted one that nobody else had. But you're right...I look like a piece  of poo!

IntruderAlert

• Offline Offline
    • Intruder Alert
« Reply #140 on: June 13, 2005, 04:07:20 pm »
Just trying to get the topic back on course as to how much Foley and his company stinks.

sorry dema but you must have posted in the wrong topic

this topic is all about blinking start buttons

dema

• Offline Offline
« Reply #141 on: June 13, 2005, 04:15:42 pm »
Just trying to get the topic back on course as to how much Foley and his company stinks.

I couldn't keep track. It's changed so many times. ;)

I was responding to the fighting earlier.

I'll go back to sleep now.

KevSteele

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 01, 2021, 08:42:43 am
  • Retrogaming Media Mogul in Rehab
« Reply #142 on: June 13, 2005, 04:31:09 pm »

I thought it was all about how I was a traitor and sell out!  ;)

C'mon, people, let's get back on topic...where's the darn lynch mob?  :P

Kevin

Kevin Steele, Former Editor and Publisher of RetroBlast! and GameRoom Magazine

CJK

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2024, 03:30:12 am
  • All your ROM are belong to us!
« Reply #143 on: June 13, 2005, 04:40:05 pm »
For those of you that feel my reviews are too positive, I just finished a product review of something that I definitely feel is a piece of...erm...poop:

http://retroblast.com/misc/MG2005.html

;)

Kevin

ROTFLMAO!

-- Chris
Underway: Joey's Arcade

SirPoonga

• Puck'em Up
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • The Bears Still Suck!
« Reply #144 on: June 13, 2005, 05:02:18 pm »

I thought it was all about how I was a traitor and sell out!  ;)

C'mon, people, let's get back on topic...where's the darn lynch mob?  :P

Kevin

Grabs a pitchfork.  rable rable rable....

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #145 on: June 13, 2005, 05:03:00 pm »
[C'mon, people, let's get back on topic...where's the darn lynch mob?  :P

Right behind you...the trick is to hold your hands above your head and make wild gestures to make yourself seems as big and ominous as possible so that....oh, wait, that's for bear.  I guess you're on your own on this one.

RandyT

Silverwind

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2022, 12:49:09 am
« Reply #146 on: June 13, 2005, 06:38:48 pm »

I thought it was all about how I was a traitor and sell out!

Tiger-Heli

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2018, 02:19:23 pm
  • Ron Howard? . . . er, I mean . . . Run, Coward!!!
    • Tiger-Heli
« Reply #147 on: June 14, 2005, 07:43:35 am »
He turned me into a newt!!
... I got better.
You recovered and are no longer a newt, or you feel that you current existence as a newt is better than your previous existence?
It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's what you leave behind you when you go. - R. Travis.
When all is said and done, generally much more is SAID than DONE.

Havok

• Keeper of the __Blue_Stars___
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2023, 09:14:44 pm
  • Insufficient facts always invite danger.
« Reply #148 on: June 15, 2005, 05:37:10 pm »
Hopefully this is what happens: Foley is wildly successfull with building the iRoms service. All Mamers can get any ROM they want for a reasonable price, say a quarter each. The business prospers, and then Foley just disappears off the face of the planet forever.

At this point, the BYOAC community steps in. The Ultracrap Corp is thrown into disarray. We are able to start a collection and purchase Ultracrap. We then turn it all over to open source and make every ROM available for free.

A man can dream, can't he?

::)

P.S. - Kev, come back, the dark side gives you wrinkles. Look at Senator Palpatine...

KevSteele

• Offline Offline
« Reply #149 on: June 15, 2005, 05:44:26 pm »
P.S. - Kev, come back, the dark side gives you wrinkles. Look at Senator Palpatine...

I find your lack of faith disturbing...

Shape D.

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 05, 2012, 06:17:57 pm
  • >Look at me, I'm a Newbie<
« Reply #150 on: June 15, 2005, 05:48:11 pm »
Hopefully this is what happens: Foley is wildly successfull with building the iRoms service.
I would find it hard to belive he would be able to convince namco to allow him to sell thier roms.
All Mamers can get any ROM they want for a reasonable price, say a quarter each. The business prospers,
I for one would never purchase anything from  that filth, and I'm sure there are many people out ther who would agree with me.
and then Foley just disappears off the face of the planet forever.
Now we're talkin'
At this point, the BYOAC community steps in. The Ultracrap Corp is thrown into disarray.
I'm sure it would fold before he sells it, and it wouldn't be the first time this company went under.
We are able to start a collection and purchase Ultracrap. We then turn it all over to open source and make every ROM available for free.
umm......... you still can't have free roms. the company who owns them would still like to paid for them.
Hey Baby, Have you ever met a Newbie with 38 pages of previous posts before? Do you Want to?

shmokes

• Just think of all the suffering in this world that could have been avoided had I just been a little better informed. :)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2016, 06:50:42 pm
  • Don't tread on me.
    • Jake Moses
« Reply #151 on: June 15, 2005, 07:00:47 pm »
Hmm....I got bored and couldn't read the whole thread.  I just have one request of Kevin.  If you do sell your soul and review an Ultracade, could you please dump the hard drive and get people working on hacking his frontend.  It's pretty nice.  It would also be an ideal opportunity to see if he's got MAME code hiding in there running the ROMS.

Thanks.
Check out my website for in-depth reviews of children's books, games, and educational apps for the iPad:

Best Kid iPad Apps

rackoon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2024, 01:12:10 pm
  • I EAT PENCILS!
« Reply #152 on: June 15, 2005, 07:57:16 pm »
Let's give Kev a break, He is like a Consumers Reports type dude.
    We don't want to lose this objective view among the MAME comunite.

If need be, we will burn both at the stake. (Foley first of  course) But lets give Kev a pass until we can coinfirm he is hardcore. ( His web site has helped me alot!, so I cant just throw him to the Wolfe's).

Lets face it, any review of a Ultracade product that doesn't jive with its performance will be apparent soon. I believe that his (Keve's)  opinion regarding Ultracade should be respected until he is found as a traitor. Then, the Salem which trials will seem petty!!!!!

Lets face it, Ultracade doesn't have product that is worth reviewing. Unless they are selling to the rich or HIGH!
They treated me like an animal and that's what I became.

KevSteele

• Offline Offline
« Reply #153 on: June 15, 2005, 08:47:00 pm »
Hmm....I got bored and couldn't read the whole thread.

Attention: I'd just like to point out my initial reply (msg. 51) for anyone who's joining the lynch mob a bit late.  ;)

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,38190.51.html

Kevin

We now resume the regularly scheduled ranting...

RayB

• I'm not wearing pants! HA!
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 12, 2024, 11:26:01 pm
  • There's my post
    • RayB.com
« Reply #154 on: June 15, 2005, 11:47:36 pm »
I think everyone worries about Fooley a little too much. His ego must be swelling with all the attention he gets here.

To put things in perspective, look at the Ultracade forums. They have 97 members only (and how many of those are actually BYOAC members who registered to stir up things?)

Iroms has never officially been announced except... well, I can't find the source! A googling only reveals Fooley mentioned it off-hand in a Slashdot article aimed at the MAME community. Other than that, I couldn't find a press release or anything like that on Ultracade.com.

If Fooley were serious, he would have some sort of official press release out. And if he were a smart business man, he would start BY PURCHASING STARROMS. (oops maybe I'm giving away ideas here).
« Last Edit: June 16, 2005, 03:20:09 pm by RayB »
NO MORE!!

IntruderAlert

• Offline Offline
    • Intruder Alert
« Reply #155 on: June 15, 2005, 11:55:08 pm »
You're right Ray
The only topic I could find asking about iroms in the ultracade forum basically gave a "no comment" in reply.

Maybe it's time to update your front page with something more interesting and useful to the community Kev ;)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 11:56:44 pm by IntruderAlert »

Silverwind

• Offline Offline
« Reply #156 on: June 15, 2005, 11:59:45 pm »
He turned me into a newt!!
... I got better.
You recovered and are no longer a newt, or you feel that you current existence as a newt is better than your previous existence?

I'm no longer a newt :D

Silverwind

• Offline Offline
« Reply #157 on: June 16, 2005, 12:01:41 am »
For those of you that feel my reviews are too positive, I just finished a product review of something that I definitely feel is a piece of...erm...poop:

http://retroblast.com/misc/MG2005.html

;)

Kevin

Kevin.. when will the video review be coming out?   :o

Tiger-Heli

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2018, 02:19:23 pm
  • Ron Howard? . . . er, I mean . . . Run, Coward!!!
    • Tiger-Heli
« Reply #158 on: June 16, 2005, 07:08:41 am »
We are able to start a collection and purchase Ultracrap. We then turn it all over to open source and make every ROM available for free.
umm......... you still can't have free roms. the company who owns them would still like to paid for them.
Not necessarily, depends on the agreement <cough> <cough> that Ultracade made with the IP owner, and whether that would transfer to us as the purchasers of Ultracade.

If say NAMCO sold the rights and they were transferable, but they wanted a 5-cent commission on each time they were sold, we'd be operating at a loss.

If they sold the rights for a flat $300,000 with unlimited distribution, we could give them away.

If they sold the rights for $25,000 and 10% of sales, we could also give them away and they wouldn't receive any more royalties . . .
It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's what you leave behind you when you go. - R. Travis.
When all is said and done, generally much more is SAID than DONE.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #159 on: June 16, 2005, 12:24:33 pm »
If they sold the rights for $25,000 and 10% of sales, we could also give them away and they wouldn't receive any more royalties . . .

This type of contract always has a clause that guarantees revenue, such as stipulating that they are not to be given away free and dictating a bottom price at which they can be sold.