Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v6.4  (Read 205501 times)

Sky25es

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Online Online
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v6.4
« Reply #1480 on: August 26, 2018, 02:19:39 am »
Just for fun: with the voice output enabled in Ledblinky, selecting the game "Cop 01", it says something like "One colombian pizza..."  :laugh2:
Inserting a minus sign: "Cop - 01" fixes the problem.

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • We are not in the 8th dimension. We are over NJ.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1481 on: August 26, 2018, 04:05:17 pm »
Just for fun: with the voice output enabled in Ledblinky, selecting the game "Cop 01", it says something like "One colombian pizza..."  :laugh2:
Inserting a minus sign: "Cop - 01" fixes the problem.

:cheers:
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Felsir

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Creating cab artwork
    • Felsir's World
« Reply #1482 on: October 01, 2018, 01:12:08 pm »
I'm looking at Ledblinky for my new cabinet. One thing that caught my eye is this feature:
"LEDBlinky also has a built-in Output system which broadcasts data over TCP or UDP protocols. This can be used by any custom or 3rd-party hardware (LED Controllers)."

I was unable to find any more information about this feature. Is any documentation on the UDP messages available?
Is there a way to test this feature without having to connect to the IPAC Ultimate I/O board - the PC I develop on is not the same as the one in my cabinet.

Background:
For my cab I plan -next to illuminated buttons- to have a lightbar integrated in the CP (similar to the the lightbar on the Playstation 4). So I got an addressable LED strip for which I programmed a pattern editor. It would be great to have patterns to trigger via the Ledblinky- so I don't have to integrate with frontends or MAME myself. So ideally I'd like to know what pattern Ledblinky has started so I can match the LEDstrip pattern.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1483 on: October 01, 2018, 07:11:27 pm »
I'm looking at Ledblinky for my new cabinet. One thing that caught my eye is this feature:
"LEDBlinky also has a built-in Output system which broadcasts data over TCP or UDP protocols. This can be used by any custom or 3rd-party hardware (LED Controllers)."

I was unable to find any more information about this feature. Is any documentation on the UDP messages available?
Is there a way to test this feature without having to connect to the IPAC Ultimate I/O board - the PC I develop on is not the same as the one in my cabinet.

Hi - the LEDBlinky Install & Config pdf has a section on using the LEDBlinky Output System (page 71). You do not need the Ultimate I/O or any LED controller hardware to use the output system. Post back here or email me if you have any additional questions.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Felsir

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Creating cab artwork
    • Felsir's World
« Reply #1484 on: October 02, 2018, 01:31:30 pm »
Thanks!
So it is currently just experimental (read: ugly) code, but the principle works! The "simpleledtest" tool that comes with LEDBlinky outputs the packets and I can get the LEDs to react as they should.

I also testfitted the LEDs in my (work-in-progress) cabinet. A small slot with a thin slice of plexiglass provides a nice "glow" effect.
The picture isn't very clear- here is a video of the effect:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3ruHjkRU4U

arzoo

• Offline Offline
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1485 on: October 02, 2018, 02:00:22 pm »
Thanks!
So it is currently just experimental (read: ugly) code, but the principle works! The "simpleledtest" tool that comes with LEDBlinky outputs the packets and I can get the LEDs to react as they should.

I also testfitted the LEDs in my (work-in-progress) cabinet. A small slot with a thin slice of plexiglass provides a nice "glow" effect.

This might be the first example of the LEDBlinky Output System is use! Glad it's working for you.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Felsir

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Creating cab artwork
    • Felsir's World
« Reply #1486 on: October 02, 2018, 04:06:27 pm »
This might be the first example of the LEDBlinky Output System is use! Glad it's working for you.
Great!
I'll focus on the build of the cab for now; I'm happy to know Ledblinky can support what I'll need when setting everything up. I'll definetly get in touch when I get to that stage. Thank you for your response to my question :-)

kwolfe19

• Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1487 on: October 16, 2018, 02:08:23 am »
Hello-

Iím trying to get LedBlinky and LaunchBox to work nicely together with non-MAME games. The MAME stuff is working fine. Iíve got the box checked to save Unknown Games, but nothing is ever saved when I try to import them. Is there a known issue here between LaunchBox and LedBlinky? My reading of the debug log looks like the rom info is not being passed to LedBlinky. Or is there a setting that I missed somewhere?

Thanks.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1488 on: October 16, 2018, 08:35:50 am »
Hello-

Iím trying to get LedBlinky and LaunchBox to work nicely together with non-MAME games. The MAME stuff is working fine. Iíve got the box checked to save Unknown Games, but nothing is ever saved when I try to import them. Is there a known issue here between LaunchBox and LedBlinky? My reading of the debug log looks like the rom info is not being passed to LedBlinky. Or is there a setting that I missed somewhere?

Thanks.

Hi,
If you'd like to email me your debug.log file I'm more than happy to look it over. But if as you say LB is not passing the rom and/or emulator parameters to LEDBlinky then this sounds like an issue with the LB configuration and I'd suggest posting on their forum for help. Also, you might want to look into a software app called RocketBlinky - it helps configure non-mame emulators for LEDBlinky (but first you'll need to get the current issue resolved).
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

kwolfe19

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1489 on: October 16, 2018, 12:06:10 pm »
Hello-

Thanks.

Hi,
If you'd like to email me your debug.log file I'm more than happy to look it over. But if as you say LB is not passing the rom and/or emulator parameters to LEDBlinky then this sounds like an issue with the LB configuration and I'd suggest posting on their forum for help. Also, you might want to look into a software app called RocketBlinky - it helps configure non-mame emulators for LEDBlinky (but first you'll need to get the current issue resolved).

PM sent. Thanks again for your help.

marcux

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1490 on: October 25, 2018, 01:07:33 pm »
So far so good, LED blinky setup with 2x ipac ultimates.  Loving the setup, would love to get addressable LED's working.

Arroyo

• Online Online
  • Budgets are boring
« Reply #1491 on: November 09, 2018, 10:39:45 am »
Arzoo,

Are there any other options for addressable LED controllers besides the iPac Nano?  Itís getting harder to find as many options with WS2811 LEDís only.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31