Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Web of Wonder  (Read 13316 times)

JudgeRob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,149265.120.html
Re: Web of Wonder
« Reply #120 on: May 03, 2018, 10:18:45 pm »
Ugh, sometimes no matter how much planning you do, you still realize as soon as you finish that you made a wrong turn.  The red light on the display matches the cabinet well and looks cool, but it washes out the token labels and makes them difficult to read.  I think I need to swap the LED strip out for a white one.  Any thoughts on this?  On a test piece, it definitely helps...  :-\

In the mean time, I think I found a way to avoid the need for any kind of keyboard pullout.  I found this little keyboard.  It was intended to be used with a ps3 controller so it is really compact.  Obviously it has some limitations with keys, but it should get me through enough to avoid needing a full keyboard 95% of the time.

I was going to mount it to the top of the cab out of view, but I think it has an even better home tucked under the token shelf.

Grab and go!  :)

matsadona

• Offline Offline
« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2018, 04:13:37 am »
Didn't see this one until today, but I must say that the idea with game specific tokens is really great. Even a drunk non-gamer friend can operate this - assuming he/she knows the name of the game  ::)
Well done  :applaud:
Building, collecting and playing arcade machines :)

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2018, 08:15:46 am »
I like the white much better. Function over form.
No matter one's station in life, the Dance of Death unites us all.

JudgeRob

• Offline Offline
« Reply #123 on: June 25, 2018, 08:22:55 pm »
Swapped for the white lights.  Went with the functionality.  I might dim it down a little.  Seems a little bright.

JudgeRob

• Offline Offline
« Reply #124 on: June 25, 2018, 08:37:59 pm »
I realized I never posted the control panel, so here it is.  Pretty simple and spacious.  I like the extra room around the ball. 

Each side has a Coin button (lit up) and the left side has an admin button (shift function).

Right side has the USB/Mic/Headphone jack.

I also put a key on the left side.  This is a shutoff for the coin buttons.  When disengaged, the lights on them go dark.  The key also disengages the admin button, so no backing out of games, changing volume, etc.  It sort of turns it into more of a classic setup. 

bperkins01

• Offline Offline
  • Plenty of skills.. gaining experience..
« Reply #125 on: June 25, 2018, 09:31:54 pm »
I like the key for the coin buttons..  nicely done  :applaud:
My Arcade Build and other projects here:
https://bperkins.wordpress.com/

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
    • Bella's Arcade
« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2018, 09:41:03 am »
So each coin will automatically launch the corresponding game once it is inserted?  How does that work?  RIFD technology or something?

JudgeRob

• Offline Offline
« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2018, 05:04:27 pm »
I like the key for the coin buttons..  nicely done  :applaud:

With crazed 8-year-olds running around, disengaging the coin buttons slows them down a little and turning off the admin functions definitely avoids system issues from button spazzing.  :laugh:

So each coin will automatically launch the corresponding game once it is inserted?  How does that work?  RIFD technology or something?

Yep. RFID.  Each of the tokens on the display will launch the game it is associated with.  They are inserted into the golden middle coin slot on the coin door.  I did a short video on it up above somewhere in my terribly unorganized, messy thread...

I'm still working on putting together the random game genre tokens.  I have the software figured out but I'm trying to trick out the tokens a little. I just got a 3d printer so I'm trying to see if I can print custom tokens with some texture or raised graphics on them.  I'll post some pics if I ever get anywhere.  :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31