Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Arcade1up: Wave 2  (Read 4140 times)

negative1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Arcade1up: Wave 2
« Reply #120 on: February 04, 2019, 08:59:19 pm »
I like Golden Tee '97. I don't golf, though.....

Incredible Technologies has partnered up with Arcade1Up and Tastemakers LLC to bring "Classic" Golden Tee to your homes in the Summer of 2019!

Coming this June, Golden Tee Classic will give you the very best of the Golden Tee 3D Golf era all in one cabinet!

There are 12 courses total coming from four different years of Golden Tee: 1998, 1999, 2000 and Classic.

Curious, though unsurprising if one thinks about it. This way, they'll get them back into bars at a fraction of the cost for everyone.

unless you go through the legality issues with adding coin doors, and registering them for pay, not going to happen.

also, without internet connectivity, they are useless in bars.

later

Love will find a way. I don't know what you're talking about with internet.....

nobody plays golden tee without access to their profile, the online tournaments, or the prize money games.

later

Locke141

• Offline Offline
  • Never grow up.
« Reply #121 on: February 04, 2019, 10:35:03 pm »
I haven't been around here often these days but Haze (who I have a lot of respect for) smacking down the community is a bummer.

Has the community changed a lot in the past year?

schmerzkaufen

• Offline Offline
  • I want a large cream coffee
« Reply #122 on: February 05, 2019, 03:02:03 am »
I haven't been around here often these days but Haze (who I have a lot of respect for) smacking down the community is a bummer.

Has the community changed a lot in the past year?
Can't tell about here but lots of communities have changed, consider Haze's changed, MAME's changed, and in fact who and what hasn't ?  :P
GroovyMAME oddball LCD user: W7 64, viewsonic vx3211-mh, i5-4690k @4.1GHz, Rx 570, crt_emudriver 2.0b15

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
« Reply #123 on: February 11, 2019, 03:18:14 pm »
@Locke141: you don't know Haze was banned from MAMEWorld in early days, I see.......

nobody plays golden tee without access to their profile, the online tournaments, or the prize money games.

later

Ohhh. As I don't play any such kind of game, I would not know. Hmmm......

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • I eat cookies yum yum!
« Reply #124 on: February 11, 2019, 11:39:53 pm »
@Locke141: you don't know Haze was banned from MAMEWorld in early days, I see.......

Neither would you as the thread has been sent to the ether.  David had an episode (or creative differences) with several hacks contributors (if you could qualify them as :lol  ) of mame, which I support and agree with him about.  There was a bit of hoo har.  Yet we had another coder contributor (whom is a credit to the gaming community and is a legend in his own right) that took exception to David's suggestions and it was a consensus that David should experience an administrative time out, and replaced as coordinator.  It wasn't David's fault, the quality of work the some of the team produced was quite poor.  IMHO this has not changed to some extent and we can see why there is a major fork in the project.  In David's defense he did not do anything wrong, and he was treated unfairly, but mameworld is home to a toxic forum which is well known.  They love me there.  :laugh2:

David enjoys an immense respect from the emulation community and his work lately has been exceptional, and I do not blame him for his comments on this site.  The main problem with mame now is best summed up as "you cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear."  If David was left to his own devices, and was still coordinator, we would have seen a better project than what it is now.   If anything, that is the tragedy.

I'm sure of all these platitudes will get a reply...as he has me on some sort of RSS feed....
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 11:50:29 pm by ark_ader »
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

negative1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2019, 03:43:02 pm »
Small update for New York Toy Fair 2019:

=============================
Golden Tee - Lighted marquee and custom riser will be in a deluxe package that costs more than regular.

Space Invaders will be a limited release, so if you want one, get it quickly when it comes out.
Pac-Man sold so well, that they will still be selling it this year.

Final fight should be out mid-march.

later

negative1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #126 on: Yesterday at 03:43:11 pm »
Looks like arcade 1up is getting ready for the Space Invaders release.

Someone found a placeholder webpage at Walmart, similar to the
one for pac-man before it appeared on their site.

later

Ian

• Offline Offline
  • "A day without Laughter is a day wasted"
« Reply #127 on: Yesterday at 04:48:18 pm »
Id have no problem with these things if the build quality was halfway passable. It's not however.   :blowup:
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
« Reply #128 on: Today at 07:36:38 pm »
@ark_ader: I was not there. I saw remarks about the kaboodle some years later. I have always found Haze entertaining.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31