Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Jennifer needs opininions  (Read 4380 times)

jennifer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
Re: Jennifer needs opininions
« Reply #120 on: July 11, 2018, 03:32:17 am »
Both of those crimpers have 5 things in common, The are affordable to everyone, and the jaws are bolted solid in place not a quick change thing, and judging by bperkins01 pics it does do a nice crimp even with the insulator shortcomings, (Which could be overlooked as long as one was aware of the problem)  interestingly enough I was thinking go thinner, and you go wishing for wider.... They both have deliberate ratcheting action, they both look comfortable for long hours of a many crimp project and they both do both crimps at once. , At that price point jenn would have to wonder about die quality, in long term, Molex for example have different grades ,universal, service, and professional (however that not really a fair comparison here given we could spend like 1500.00us on a 3 crimper set) just some curious thoughts about differences in the dies.

Nephasth

• Offline Offline
  • Bitches love Centipede
« Reply #121 on: July 11, 2018, 12:10:17 pm »
My dies have held up just fine. No signs of excessive wear after many thousands of crimps. I use die HT-236-2C4-DIE for smaller-than-normal sized molex terminal pins, such as the ones used in the Micro-fit family of connectors. I'm impressed with both the die set that came with my crimpers as well as the extra die set I ordered for Micro-fit connectors.

Edit: Looks like that die set is up to $12. I paid $7 for it, but that was 7 or 8 years ago.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 12:19:49 pm by Nephasth »
%Bartop

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #122 on: July 12, 2018, 02:55:19 am »
 I had a thought, Buying a crimper is quite complicated (especially your first one) look at any vender you choose and OMG! page after page of more questions then answers, finally ending in sticker shock at the prospect of quality application tooling. And most I would suppose kinda just slink away at this point not ever buying one at all, and if they do its not as easy as it looks and resorts back to a skill based opinioned review.  I myself have had many and had some favorites (but wont be reviewed given the obsolete nature of part numbers) Jenn is looking to upgrade from the 20th century....After reading the reviews, I got a bit confused , your ringing endorsement Neph, floats above the negative and has me curious...**its in the mail for our little down and dirty test ;)

Nephasth

• Offline Offline
  • Bitches love Centipede
« Reply #123 on: July 12, 2018, 10:24:46 am »
%Bartop

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #124 on: August 20, 2018, 06:14:55 pm »
I had intentions of doing a crimper review (and sorry to those waiting), But while conducting the test Jenn had a thought... Crimping is not so cut and dry, there is a definitive linearity to such a skill and the crimper good or bad could be an convinient place to place blame....I will say however, the crimpers forementioned in this thread ARE quite functional and worth their salt.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31