Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Outrun 2 FXT 2.5 Released!  (Read 25526 times)

shakeheartbreak

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2020, 09:20:31 am
  • OutRun 2 Diehard
Re: Outrun 2 FXT 2.5 Released!
« Reply #120 on: January 31, 2020, 06:26:50 am »
Network play on fxt is still iffy.  I'm concentrating on getting the new custom stages integrated and perhaps working on the force feedback a little more first.  Network play will probably be the last thing I attempt to fix as it's a pain in the butt having to manipulate multiple computers.

Got it and understood.  And just to remind you that I for one would be more than willing to sign up to a Patreon if it'd help you and I'm sure others would too.

(And to be clear that's completely irrespective of whatever you fix next, network play or otherwise).

zerosaber75

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 14, 2020, 12:50:45 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #121 on: February 06, 2020, 09:46:36 pm »
Hello, I just caught wind of this mod and I am liking it so far but a couple of things I want to ask/point out:

1. How do I get the uncensored Clarissa graphics enabled? I am using the v2.5 Beta on the Dragon Kings link and I do not see it changed from the censored one after installing it.

2. Where is the arcade texture packs that was mentioned in the v2.4 thread? I do not see it anywhere and the config tool doesn't even lists texture packs at all in the v2.5 unless I am missing something.

3. I am not getting vibration feedback whatsoever using an Xbox One controller (Model 1708) using a generic Bluetooth dongle even though it lists as an XInput controller in most other games I play on my PC. Is there any possibility this could be looked into?

That said I am liking this mod so far, thank you for making this. I hope we can some day get an updated HD GUI mod to go with this to maybe remake the menus/HUD in higher resolutions.

Edit: I also noticed that Clarissa's character model is also censored in the OutRun 2 SP mode of Coast 2 Coast, whereas in the regular Coast 2 Coast modes she's not censored, so is there a way to de-censor her model too in OutRun 2 SP mode?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 12:50:45 pm by zerosaber75 »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 01:13:18 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #122 on: February 15, 2020, 08:46:17 pm »
I did have a texture mod to de-censor the model somewhat, but it left a rather large hole in her torso that you could see in the endings, so I took it out.  Unfortunately the two models are animated differently, so swapping them out doesn't work.  If anyone can figure out the model format it might be fixable.  The texture packs are around here somewhere.... fxt is a mess atm and I'd like to do a release but my personal life is kind of imploding, so I never seem to find the time. 

shakeheartbreak

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2020, 09:20:31 am
  • OutRun 2 Diehard
« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2020, 06:11:02 am »
I did have a texture mod to de-censor the model somewhat, but it left a rather large hole in her torso that you could see in the endings, so I took it out.  Unfortunately the two models are animated differently, so swapping them out doesn't work.  If anyone can figure out the model format it might be fixable.  The texture packs are around here somewhere.... fxt is a mess atm and I'd like to do a release but my personal life is kind of imploding, so I never seem to find the time.

As much as some of us are fiendishly hungry for your latest work (you know who you are!) I'm sure I speak for all of us in saying that we'd never want it to be at the expense of your personal life or anything similar.

Are the files you mean included in these texture packs?

https://www.mediafire.com/file/l3rklbvtuuz8c0b/texmods.zip/file

If so (or of course even if not), point me to some specific files that make good samples and I'll start asking around.  I know a few ideas of places and people to try.  We're here to help.

Jib

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 28, 2020, 12:27:38 am
« Reply #124 on: February 27, 2020, 01:20:28 am »
Hello, I've recently gotten introduced to the Outrun 2 community and I have a load of respect for people who create mods to make this game even better than how it originally was. However, I have a problem I can't for the life of me figure out. In the regular version of Outrun 2006 when I plug in a Dualshock 4 with DS4 it works perfectly, but when I run Outrun 2 FXT, I can drive, brake, change gear, but I can't move the car. The analog stick works perfectly fine in the menus but it won't work when driving. If it wouldn't be a problem could someone help me out with this? Thanks! And sorry for the inconvenience.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 01:13:18 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #125 on: February 27, 2020, 01:56:57 am »
You might have wheel override turned on.  You don't need that for a gamepad. 

Jib

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 28, 2020, 12:27:38 am
« Reply #126 on: February 27, 2020, 01:28:18 pm »
It works now, thank you very much.