Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Outrun 2 FXT 2.5 Released!  (Read 7653 times)

baritonomarchetto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
Re: Outrun 2 FXT 2.5 Released!
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2018, 07:47:35 am »
Howard, a question about force feedback management: in daytona usa when wheels loose grip the force feedback becomes loose, simulating that grip loose. This is absent in outrun 2006 (and model 2 to say the truth): is it something related to my settings (default) or the game itself?
(Thanks for all this!)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2018, 09:55:44 pm »
I think you are going to have to explain that one a little better.  I don't quite understand what you mean. 

baritonomarchetto

• Offline Offline
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2018, 01:46:11 am »
Not easy to describe for me Howard, but I will try again: in scud race when the car loose grip on the asphalt, the steer becomes loose (no counter force applied to the wheel). In race driving this happens when the car is "jumping" too, but that's a even better force feedback. In outrun 2006 FXT the wheel has always some torque applied, even when the wheels are not gripping the asphalt. Is this something configurable or the info is missing from the code?

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2018, 12:40:12 pm »
Yeah I haven't added that.  If someone can link me to the calculation required I can probably add it as I have speed and the turning amount, but it isn't in the game's code, or at least I couldn't find it. 

baritonomarchetto

• Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2018, 12:35:10 am »
I have no idea where to get the calc you are asking for, sorry. For the "jumping" it should be "easy" (for a skilled guy like you, not for me) if a height variable is somewhere there.
Anyway, you have a new suggestion for your spare time being dude [emoji12]
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 12:37:34 am by baritonomarchetto »

Andreve

• Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2018, 01:27:34 am »
Howard, is this only for Win7? Tried again last night reinstalling everything on Win10 but moment race starts I get subset out of range popup and then no control over the car. Normal exe is fine but then no ffb obviously on logitech ffb pro wheel.

Andreve

• Offline Offline
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2018, 07:29:34 am »
Finally got it to work, wow what an experience! Reinstalled and only copied 2.5. Not giving error popups anymore. Adjusted some ffb settings and so sweet! Thanks for this mod, just not sure about the texture fix thats empty in the config?

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2018, 04:38:17 pm »
2.5 was meant as a quick exe upgrade.  If you download 2.4 in the "Outrun 2 FXT 2.4 released!" it'll have the texture packs you need in fxtcfg/texpacks. 

Podbod

• Offline Offline
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2018, 11:08:39 am »
Can't remember if I thanked you back when 2.3 was released but cheers for such an awesome mod.

Have you ever looked into the networking side of the game? Playing lan mode with friends is a very poor experiance. Everyone teleports around so we have to play with collision off. Sometimes people just vanish altogether.
Is that just me? Are there genetic fixes for it? If not, Can anything be done via hacking to improve it?

Cheers!

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2018, 12:48:10 am »
Honestly this past year or so hasn't been spent on any of my projects.  Real life is over-whelming me right now and any free time I get I spend trying to de-stress and relax.  Coding can be fun, but trying to reverse engineer a defunct network server is decidedly terrible. 

That being said I'm guessing I'll eventually take a serious look at it, but with recent developments on the emulation front it might be irrelevant by then. 

Podbod

• Offline Offline
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2018, 05:25:33 am »
Oh. I didn't know there was emu stuff coming! That'd rule as well. I'll go have a read.

Defo put life first. I've 2 kids so have the exact same balance issues :)

Cheers

potato

• Offline Offline
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2018, 01:16:16 pm »
i just downloaded the 2.4 & 2.5, managed to get most things to work except:

1.I can't get the bonus cars in Arcade mode. I'm using keyboard so i have disable the feedback, steering & rumble  to get it to work. Pressed every button i can after the last car but nothing.

2.I managed to change to alternate songs by pressing "Down" arrow there will have 2 sounds played (activate/deactivate) however i don't see any Overlay or indication, but i can hear the music change once i press tab (or was it f1/f2).

Also is it possible to have few rear view camera? the only one i found was the "Glamour Shot Front Of Car". maybe a 1st person and 3rd person rear view option? it's pretty useful in checking where your opponent is like Wangan Midnight Series.

FeR

• Offline Offline
« Reply #52 on: Yesterday at 08:45:55 pm »
This patch worked flawlessly until I updated the os to win7 now the horn is off and the rumble too, using the latest version 2.5.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31