Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 200034 times)

tvsurfer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 24, 2019, 07:45:37 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
2P Right button on 'Music GunGun! 2' functions as an in-screen shot, not as an out-of-screen shot.(DemulShooter 8.5.5, Win7 x64)
Am I the only one?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 07:03:10 pm by tvsurfer »

fjser

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 01, 2019, 02:31:59 pm
Quick question - I see in the directions that latest supported version of Demul is Demul 0.7a 180428.  Doe earlier 0.7a builds work as well?  Reason I ask is it appears my Romset for Naomi is outdated and many don't work with the newest version.  I do have latest Mame Rom set, would these work with the newer DEmul builds? some appear to now be disk images instead of rom zips?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:36:03 pm
Quick question - I see in the directions that latest supported version of Demul is Demul 0.7a 180428.  Doe earlier 0.7a builds work as well? 
Unfortunatelly not, unless you want to rollback to an older version of DemulShooter (look into the changelog to find Demul version updates) but I wouldn't advise to do that

Reason I ask is it appears my Romset for Naomi is outdated and many don't work with the newest version.  I do have latest Mame Rom set, would these work with the newer DEmul builds? some appear to now be disk images instead of rom zips?
You can use the -listxml command to export Demul rom list into some xml file (demul.exe -listxml > demul.xml, and you can then  use it with ClrMamePro to check and make a good romset.
I can't explain with more details here but that's the safest way to have a fully compatible romset with the latest available Demul build

fjser

• Offline Offline
That worked. Thanks.

Side note - does anyone know if HOTD4 works on Windows 7? Running it in TP 1.93 and i get a S-K-I-D-R-O-W  App ID not comnfigurd message and I cant figure it out...

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:43:05 pm
Yes. It works very well. For demulshooter u must use tp. 122.
For skidrow...... Stop use cracked steam games... For solve try to run an exe  a cracked steam game..

fjser

• Offline Offline
actually, it was my attempt to hack steam to work offline permanently that was causing teknoparrot to generate the skidrow error..quite strange. I undid my changes and it fixed the issue..thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

fjser

• Offline Offline
Wondering - are most people playing older light gun games that were originally 4:3 in widescreen? or leaving to original aspect ratio? I am doing the later, but looking to add bezels, and having trouble finding the AHK Script to prevent clicking outside the window...

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:43:05 pm
hi Argon.
Cxbx reloaded has made great progress in these months.
Could you relate to Virtua Cop3?

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 14, 2019, 07:36:34 am
It's true, I tried the last cxbx version a week ago, and they resolved the issues with amd cards.
For me that version keeps working anyways with demulshooter as is.
I created a false fullscreen, and had to launch demulshooter once launched the game, else it crashed. I automated all this with ahk.
The only thing is that first time I run the game, It crash even launching demulshooter after the game, though I'm not very sure of this behaviour, It doesn't make any sense to me
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 03:38:23 pm by phasermaniac »