Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 453506 times)

igorgump

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 27, 2020, 04:54:11 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #2720 on: December 27, 2020, 04:54:11 pm »
Well usually things do not break magically when you wake up one morning, there had to be a change somewhere (OS, driver....)
Unfortunately I don't use Wiimotes so I do not have any skills with the whole Touchmote/Drivers thing.

But, if you can't make it work even when using an old DemulShooter release ( Before v10, the ones where Wiimotes had to be chosen as Xinput controler in the GUI) it would really point to a driver issue

Thanks, Argon. I am going to uninstall everything related to demul, touchmote and wiimote drivers and give another shot...

Montell

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 26, 2021, 11:21:04 pm
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #2721 on: January 03, 2021, 09:55:47 pm »
I really need some help, demulshooter is working for model 2, but i cant get it to work with demul and sega naomi games. It looks like its working, but both guns are shooting.

I attached a debug log, really confused by this. I just cant figure out why both gun's are shooting.
I have some pictures as well of my settings.

My demul version is april 28 2018.

https://ibb.co/ZXt700v
https://ibb.co/c8g9BZV

https://ibb.co/QmFpWSf
https://ibb.co/kBpB2L3
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 10:55:11 pm by Montell »

Montell

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 26, 2021, 11:21:04 pm
« Reply #2722 on: January 06, 2021, 09:29:11 pm »
Anyone have any idea on this one?

lllll44

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 27, 2021, 01:56:17 pm
« Reply #2723 on: January 23, 2021, 05:17:07 pm »
i sort it out...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 09:16:49 am by lllll44 »

Foxhole

• Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 02:52:01 am
« Reply #2724 on: January 27, 2021, 02:13:58 am »
Hi, argon, just wanted to mention that like hyo2012, i also have an arcade analog gun and also have the same issues with the max range of the gun.
you mentioned that at some point you will add calibration support, which is great and i'm looking forward to that.
For the time being, do you know which user made the modifications to support the analog guns limited range? i'd like to try that version.
Edit: managed to compile for myself.
would still love to see calibration option instead of having to do this on every update of demulshooter.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 06:42:35 am by Foxhole »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:24:14 am
« Reply #2725 on: January 29, 2021, 06:45:07 am »
Hi, argon, just wanted to mention that like hyo2012, i also have an arcade analog gun and also have the same issues with the max range of the gun.
you mentioned that at some point you will add calibration support, which is great and i'm looking forward to that.
For the time being, do you know which user made the modifications to support the analog guns limited range? i'd like to try that version.
Edit: managed to compile for myself.
would still love to see calibration option instead of having to do this on every update of demulshooter.
Indeed, I started this part a few month ago but with the whole...well real life "situation" it stays unfinished for a few different reasons
I don't know when I'll be able to end this and update the app...but I really need to finish it as I can't update DemulShooter for any new games (good thing they were no new releases the past few months) as the code is all broken for now  :P

lllll44

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 27, 2021, 01:56:17 pm
« Reply #2726 on: February 01, 2021, 08:01:50 am »
Anyone has problem with time crisis 5?
with demulshooter its random work for me, and random not (the crosshair is stuck on uppter left side).

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:31:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
« Reply #2727 on: February 06, 2021, 03:16:49 am »
Does anyone know how to get rid of the cross hairs on the 2 Heavy fire games?

hassansardar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:07:21 am
« Reply #2728 on: February 22, 2021, 03:07:13 pm »
Bro, it is a great tool I used it for try 2 mice for player one and two but the pointer stuck in the corner for  both players how can fix that while buttons work great from both mice can you help with that  Thanks.. Picture attached!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2729 on: February 23, 2021, 02:17:17 am »
You can't: regular mice are not compatible.
You have to use a device outputing absolute coordinates

hassansardar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:07:21 am
« Reply #2730 on: February 23, 2021, 05:47:25 am »
Can you program demulshooter to work with two mice ?
Because I'm using air mouse that work perfect for me and cheaper I bought with 5$  while light guns start from 100$ can you help ??Thanks for reply

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2731 on: February 24, 2021, 03:39:34 pm »
Can you program demulshooter to work with two mice ?
Because I'm using air mouse that work perfect for me and cheaper I bought with 5$  while light guns start from 100$ can you help ??Thanks for reply
Simple answer : no

ToxicTrev111

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2021, 12:35:02 pm
« Reply #2732 on: February 26, 2021, 11:40:27 am »
hey guys, I am a noob to demul shooter.  I am trying to get it working properly,  first with sega model 2 emulation.  I was trying to get it going with house of the dead last night, I had no luck.   If I left the raw input = 0 in model 2 I could get the gun ( aimtrak ) to track , however when pulling the trigger it would only reload.  If I pressed " z " on the keyboard it would fire.  how can I fix this ?   

Also If i put model2  raw input = 1   , which from what I read is what I need to do for both guns to work, the gun would not track at all.   

any help is greatly appreciated .

Thanks. 

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2733 on: February 26, 2021, 12:52:23 pm »
hey guys, I am a noob to demul shooter.  I am trying to get it working properly,  first with sega model 2 emulation.  I was trying to get it going with house of the dead last night, I had no luck.   If I left the raw input = 0 in model 2 I could get the gun ( aimtrak ) to track , however when pulling the trigger it would only reload.  If I pressed " z " on the keyboard it would fire.  how can I fix this ?   

Also If i put model2  raw input = 1   , which from what I read is what I need to do for both guns to work, the gun would not track at all.   

any help is greatly appreciated .

Thanks.
Did you read the Wiki for proper setup ?
Model2 instructions are here : https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/wiki/Model2
But read the basics before if you didn't do it yet

Then, if you have issues, run DemulShooter with an additionnal "-v" option to create a logfile that you will be able to share here