Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Pi 2 for n64 emulation, is it worth my time?  (Read 1421 times)

severdhed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:48:54 pm
  • RIP Dinosaur Hippo
Pi 2 for n64 emulation, is it worth my time?
« on: September 08, 2015, 07:58:31 pm »
I prematurely gutted a dead n64 in preparation for using it with a Pi2. I have the controller ports wired up to usb adapters and everything ready to drop in the Pi 2, which I don't have yet.

I was under the impression that n64 emulation was finally possible, and even saw some YouTube videos of it in action. My friend who has one told me that it doesn't work very well.

I played with it a little and it was slow and crappy. I read that you can use mupen64 instead of retroarch and get better performance. I tried messing with this a little and it seemed to run a little better, but I couldn't get the controls working easily.

I'm not good with Linux, but I'm willing to put in the efforts to set this all up if it is worth doing. I figured, I can't be the only one wanting to do this, so maybe one if you had already tried and got it working.

So, is there any hope?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Current Projects:      Zak-Man | TMNT Pedestal | SNES Pi | N64 Odroid
Former Projects:     4 Player Showcase | Donkey Kong | iCade

DaOld Man

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 06, 2019, 11:07:14 pm
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
Re: Pi 2 for n64 emulation, is it worth my time?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 08:51:28 pm »
Im still having problems making all my roms run in my P1-tendo, so I cant help you, but will be watching your progress.