OK! The new version of the Monaco GP Remake (v1.2) is ready and it can be downloaded here:
****EDIT: This version is now obsolete, please see more recent posts for the latest version****http://www58.zippyshare.com/v/91395425/file.html
Click on the orange 'Download Now' button to the right of the page and download "mgpr_v1_2.zip".
Please read the release notes after downloading as it describes using the on screen menu and how to load/save configuration files. I've included some example configurations I made so I'd recommend trying a few of these initially as they should give you an idea how artworks can be positioned correctly. For instance, from the command line in the directory where the 'mgpr.exe' resides, try running this "mgpr.exe -cfg example_1024x768.cfg" (Note, you do not need supply a path to the configuration file, my remake expects the location of configuration files to be in its 'cfg' directory). A window should appear with playfield, Bezel & LEDs all correctly positioned and the game should be running in the attract (Deposit coin) mode. You can then hit TAB to view the menu, and use the arrow keys to change various settings. You do not need to 'apply' the changes you make, as soon as you make a change it will take immediate effect and will be saved that way. Having said that, some of the configuration settings (I.e. Window/Fullscreen mode, screen resolution and Filter) will require you to restart my remake before they take effect.
New in v1.2:
- On Screen Menu (Can only be viewed during the attract mode, not during actual gameplay)
- Ability to load/save different configuration files.
- Ability to add Bezel & LED artwork (Everything can be repositioned/resized using the on screen menu)
- New Attract mode sequence
If you wait 10 seconds the road will start scrolling, showing you a sequence of tracks (day, night, wet etc..). I tried to copy the same sequence I observed on a youtube clip I found. In a addition to this, if you have LED artwork enabled, the LEDs should flash in a nice sequence.
- Joystick support.
I've only tested this with PPJoyMouse program as I don't have a joystick. Seems to work though the game is difficult to play.
- Opponent cars now rebound off the Firetruck in the event of a collision
In another YouTube clip I observed opponent cars rebound off the Firetruck, so I thought my remake had better do the same.
- Bridge section improvements to make it more like the arcade:
1. The bridge is thinner (it was too easy to overtake on the outside previously).
2. Opponent cars X position alternate from being fixed in one position (for about 2 seconds), to weaving left&right (for 1 second).
3. After the player car crashes it is placed floating above the water to the right of the bridge. They are then given 5 seconds grace period to get back on the track.
- Fixed the Filter
I think that is pretty much everything. There is still lots I plan to do which I'll enjoy looking into over Xmas!
Hope you enjoy it!