Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: NEO GEO Evolution (EVS-1) - Dimensions provided  (Read 40420 times)

kordman916

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 01, 2017, 11:07:16 pm
Re: NEO GEO Evolution (EVS-1) - looking near finished anyway
« Reply #160 on: January 05, 2015, 02:36:10 am »
Apologies for the old bump, but I had a few questions for the OP.

First, do you have any plans for this cabinet that you'd be willing to share? Also, did you manage to fix the issue with the Taito Type X/X2 emulator in regards to the controllers?

kordman916

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 01, 2017, 11:07:16 pm
« Reply #161 on: January 08, 2015, 03:33:36 am »
Looks like I'm going to have to design my own plans based on what I've seen in this thread. Is there a board on this forum for plans? I'd like to post them there once finished.

Generic Eric

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2019, 04:49:29 pm
  • Restore! Don't maim for MAME, build from scratch!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,143226.0.html
« Reply #162 on: January 08, 2015, 09:10:10 am »
Looks like I'm going to have to design my own plans based on what I've seen in this thread. Is there a board on this forum for plans? I'd like to post them there once finished.

Post them here
http://newwiki.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?title=Cabinet_Plans

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:54:53 am
« Reply #164 on: January 08, 2015, 01:31:33 pm »
Apologies for the old bump, but I had a few questions for the OP.

First, do you have any plans for this cabinet that you'd be willing to share? Also, did you manage to fix the issue with the Taito Type X/X2 emulator in regards to the controllers?

Sorry, didn't see this until today.
I have an accurate outline of the side profile saved as a png somewhere.
Always planned on releasing the measurements so other people could use them, but didn't want someone else to finish theirs before me.  ;D
I've shared it with a few people who PMed me.
I'll get off my butt and post it here this weekend if not sooner.

I still haven't fixed the taito type X controls.  Got as far as installing xpadder, but that was it.

I love this cab...

Thanks!

I've thought about just calling it done, but it's still missing a few things that fall short of my total vision of it....so it's not done.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:54:53 am
« Reply #165 on: January 15, 2015, 07:49:03 pm »
Ok, here are some measurements.  PROVIDED WITHOUT GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY

These are not blueprints.  These are not instructions.  I typically build on the fly without strict plans.
These measurements are taken from the near finished cab as it ended up given my style of building.

Some comments:

I am 5'10" tall and really like the ergonomics.
The coin door is easy to reach down and put a quarter in.  It isn't too low or hidden under a deep CP.

My cab has a weird sliding CP that just kind of evolved.  ;D
You'd probably want to handle the area just under the CP differently if solidly mounting the CP.
Maybe come out to a full point, or not come out as far, maybe have the cab shaped so the CP just sits in between the sides.
If I weren't going for the Neo Geo thing, I'd have had the CP overhang the sides like a Mortal Kombat cab.
You may also want to change the point at which the side of the cab starts to lean back (where it meets the CP).
Sometimes I think it's too far above the CP on my cab.  It rises above the CP about an inch before it starts to lean back.
The whole area is rounded so it isn't that noticeable, but I'd probably do it differently a second time around.

The 32" (30.5" inside) width is enough to fit some 32" TVs.  Too big IMO, but others have different opinions.
If not for the rotating monitor, I'd have only made it 24-26" wide.  This would have actually saved a lot of money on the bezel acrylic.

On these tall widescreen cabs, the bezel space between the CP and the bottom of the monitor is always an obstacle as far as aesthetics are concerned.  I chose to have a moves list holder that leans back at an angle to lessen the amount of "vertical wall" before the bottom of the monitor.  This could be handled differently (admin panel, cell phone charging station...whatever)

« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 08:21:39 pm by BadMouth »