Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: No yoke from Ram Controls  (Read 46967 times)

VanillaGorilla

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2019, 10:23:51 pm
  • Coin detected in pocket
Re: No yoke from Ram Controls
« Reply #240 on: March 16, 2011, 05:51:28 pm »
Is there email in prison? Cause I think thats where Dave is going to end up.....

Why Dave, why? I just hope this liquidation rumor Im hearing works out, I still need a re-build kit for my 720.  :'(

ids

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 16, 2023, 05:43:28 pm
  • Fighter Captured
« Reply #241 on: March 16, 2011, 06:16:06 pm »
I don't get it.  If the pictures on his site are to be believed, he has obviously invested a good deal of time and money into his offerings, and has a piles of parts lying around.  When he ships the goods - it's always praise.  I just don't understand the disconnect.  I would much rather see things resolved than see jail time - his quality is excellent and he's making things that just aren't so readily available elsewhere.  I don't know what the problem is, but I think the community is better served by him fixing things than it is by him serving time.   :dunno

....'course, i'm one of the lucky ones, got my SW Yoke the day after ordering

Gray_Area

• -Banned-
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 23, 2013, 06:52:30 pm
  • -Banned-
« Reply #242 on: March 17, 2011, 12:31:17 am »
I'm surprised no one has made a visit to the plant, just to see what's going on in person. Isn't he in southern California?
-Banned-

Breaker

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 16, 2024, 11:52:31 pm
« Reply #243 on: March 17, 2011, 01:50:14 am »
...it's buried in the KLOV thread, but the idea of visiting the plant has been raised on a few occasions...the only problem is that no one can nail down an address.

As a past staunch supporter of Ram Controls, I too am saddened at what appears to be happening. However, I agree with 'ids' - if there's any hope of resolving the
outstanding orders and salvaging the resources of the company for the community that would be the best outcome.

I'm sure if a call had been made to the community for assistance there would have been overwhelming support at the disposal of Ram Controls to assist with
assembly, shipping, communications, etc. After all, the BYOAC community knows the value of the products produced by our small, but mighty, vendors and, in
times of trouble, we'd support them in any way we could to ensure their on-going success, because it means that the hobby benefits as well. There were a
great many options available to Ram Controls in this regards but, sadly, it seems we may be losing a valuable resource due to apathy.  

Here's hoping that everyone with an outstanding order either receives their goods or a full refund.

Breaker.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 01:03:37 am by Breaker »

shilmover

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 25, 2018, 12:36:59 am
« Reply #244 on: March 17, 2011, 10:26:25 am »

Here's hoping that everyone with an outstanding order either receives their goods or a full refund.

Breaker.

Unforutunately...  Not going to happen...  :(
My projects...

Finished:  Stargate (only 'cause I got it that way)
In progress:  Tron, 48-in-1 for School Auction, DKJr (currently a 60-in-1), Millipede, MAME System

ids

• Offline Offline
  • Fighter Captured
« Reply #245 on: March 17, 2011, 11:18:09 am »
I don't mean to overreact to the previous post - this just speaks to the concept in general, which we see a lot of....

Earlier in this thread there was a mad rush where a number of outstanding orders were delivered.  Not all, unfortunately, but definitely some.  While Dave's behaviour is cause for negativity, I wonder what the true stats are?  How many orders were delivered, vs how many still outstanding?  Last time I looked, that spreadsheet wasn't getting any bigger, and the bulk of the dollar figure were SW cabs (ok, he should not be taking money for those, agreed).

Seems to me, there are those who slag Dave very badly, who do not have a dollar on the line - why?  Yes, there are those still waiting (some for a very long time), and those who got the goods.  Unfortunately, all we get from Dave are comments about mismanagement, and false promises.  It's hard to know the real truth.  He's obviously not running a Ponzi scheme - he does have the stuff he claims is complete, and he does ship it - occasionally.

As a niche market, are we best served by a witch-hunt or a torch bearing lynch mob, or by offering assistance - unless we can clearly identify Dave as a criminal.   :dunno I duno, I tend to be optimistic and naive perhaps, but I think the lynch mob mentality is a bit much, all things considered.  I would, however, suggest caution when sending money - make sure you do it in a way that you can get a quick refund if things don't work out.  But if they do work out - you'll be quite happy with the quality of the product.  I'd trade my left nut for my SW Yoke, but paypal doesn't accept nuts  ;D

shilmover

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 25, 2018, 12:36:59 am
« Reply #246 on: March 17, 2011, 12:36:47 pm »
I don't mean to overreact to the previous post - this just speaks to the concept in general, which we see a lot of....

Earlier in this thread there was a mad rush where a number of outstanding orders were delivered.  Not all, unfortunately, but definitely some.  While Dave's behaviour is cause for negativity, I wonder what the true stats are?  How many orders were delivered, vs how many still outstanding?  Last time I looked, that spreadsheet wasn't getting any bigger, and the bulk of the dollar figure were SW cabs (ok, he should not be taking money for those, agreed).

Seems to me, there are those who slag Dave very badly, who do not have a dollar on the line - why?  Yes, there are those still waiting (some for a very long time), and those who got the goods.  Unfortunately, all we get from Dave are comments about mismanagement, and false promises.  It's hard to know the real truth.  He's obviously not running a Ponzi scheme - he does have the stuff he claims is complete, and he does ship it - occasionally.

As a niche market, are we best served by a witch-hunt or a torch bearing lynch mob, or by offering assistance - unless we can clearly identify Dave as a criminal.   :dunno I duno, I tend to be optimistic and naive perhaps, but I think the lynch mob mentality is a bit much, all things considered.  I would, however, suggest caution when sending money - make sure you do it in a way that you can get a quick refund if things don't work out.  But if they do work out - you'll be quite happy with the quality of the product.  I'd trade my left nut for my SW Yoke, but paypal doesn't accept nuts  ;D

Really?!?  Are you ---smurfing--- kidding me?

What more proof do you need?  He promises and is no longer responding to any emails or phone calls (even from his "friends" who I thought I was).  I supported him blindly...

He has great product, but terrible execution.  Since he came back on KLOV and said he was back and will take care of everything...  since I talked to him on the phone and was told that he will take care of my order...  that it was sitting there in a box ready to go...  not a single person has come out and said that he/she got the product they were owed. 

What more do you need?
My projects...

Finished:  Stargate (only 'cause I got it that way)
In progress:  Tron, 48-in-1 for School Auction, DKJr (currently a 60-in-1), Millipede, MAME System

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2024, 07:42:30 pm
« Reply #247 on: March 17, 2011, 01:31:28 pm »
Just a heads-up, there is a movement starting against Dave at Ram Controls on the klov forum.
http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=176040

steph is looking into taking legal action towards Dave, but needs details from those who have been swindled by him. The information you would give to steph would help make action against Dave move quicker and more smoothly. Steph is seeking damages, and grand-theft jail time for Dave...

Just an FYI to whomever wants to jump on that train...

ids

• Offline Offline
  • Fighter Captured
« Reply #248 on: March 17, 2011, 02:56:29 pm »
Really?!?  Are you ---smurfing--- kidding me?

Sorry, did not mean to start anything, or offend.  I've read a bit more and would like to silently bow out of this debate.  If Dave owes so many, screws friends over, and f**ks up this badly, i'll stop with the hopes for a positive outcome - it seems I was wrong and it is hopeless.  How about hoping someone steps in, buys out his ---steaming pile of meadow muffin---, resolves outstanding issues and continues offering great products for the hobby?  Sorry, I'm hopeless too.

CheffoJeffo

• Cheffo's right! ---saint
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2024, 09:33:37 pm
  • Worthless button pusher!
« Reply #249 on: March 17, 2011, 05:40:00 pm »
If Steph is taking up arms, then everybody who didn't have a dog in the fight, but still defended Dave (e.g. people like me), needs to step the ---fudgesicle--- out of the way.

* CheffoJeffo will be looking into to contributing to a legal fund for Steph, who has done nothing but good by me.
Working: Not Enough
Projects: Too Many
Progress: None

Bender

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 28, 2016, 08:12:21 pm
    • Happ to Tron Conversion tutorial
« Reply #250 on: March 17, 2011, 09:38:16 pm »
well all I have to say is I'm glad I got my yoke cause this will be the end of all those nice products.... oh well
such a shame Dave couldn't get his ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- together on the fulfillment side, he certainly brought this upon himself
I think this is the worst possible outcome, I doubt anyone will get any money or product as a result

IMHO your an idiot to give anyone (especially Dave) $2500 for a pre order, sorry...