Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LED Blinky with Teknoparrot / gameloader?  (Read 3359 times)

tony.silveira

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2024, 10:24:34 pm
    • my baby
LED Blinky with Teknoparrot / gameloader?
« on: April 25, 2021, 12:37:15 pm »
hey guy,

i just finished adding about 100 teknoparrot games to my cab and next up is to have lit buttons for these games.  anyone have a walk thru on how to add these games if using teknoparrot and or gameloader all RH?

i've added tekno as an emulator in blinky but not sure how to do individual games since the individual game may have gameloader injected to launch correctly.  fyi, i am using launchbox if that makes a difference...

when importing tekno launched games (WITH gameloader), the xml's are used in launchbox.  from the xml, this is the line to grab virtus fighter 5 for instance, R:\ROMS\Arcade System Games\Teknoparrot\Virtua Fighter 5c\vf5c\disk0\Game Loader All RH.exe

so, LB hooks gameloader, which in turn grans teknoparrot, which in turn, starts the game, the file tekno calls is "vf5" with no extension.

so, i'm not sure where to point LEDblinky to.

any thoughts?  thanks!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 11:15:11 am
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Re: LED Blinky with Teknoparrot / gameloader?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 11:55:44 am »
All depends on what ROM/Game parameter is getting passed to LEDBlinky. From the Controls Editor, use the Import Unknown Games menu option and you should get a list of all the unknown ROM and Emulator parameters that have been passed to LEDBlinky. The FE will have to pass a unique ROM parameter for LEDBlinky to be configured to light the controls correctly.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

tony.silveira

• Offline Offline
    • my baby
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 07:22:41 pm »
thanks!

i found the unknown games and imprted vf5 under teknoparrot.  when in launchbox, if i highlight vf5, the buttons light as expected.  but when i start the game, they turn off and go to a default state.

i thought it might be that under the rom setup in LB, the rom is actually calling out "game loader all rh" as an exe (no actual rom file or emulator is being selected.  so i created a shortcut and renamed the shortcut vf5 thinking LEDblinky might see that but no luck.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 07:27:35 pm by tony.silveira »

tony.silveira

• Offline Offline
    • my baby
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2021, 10:18:27 pm »
anyone using game loader and ledblinky successfully?

thanks

tony.silveira

• Offline Offline
    • my baby
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2021, 08:12:17 pm »
i was running an older version.  i have updated and clicked the option to ignore the app closing (I forget exactly what it is) and that did the trick!