Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Manual-rotation, Modular Controls, Bartop Arcade  (Read 2223 times)

paulmarko

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2014, 11:29:16 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Manual-rotation, Modular Controls, Bartop Arcade
« on: December 15, 2013, 11:03:36 pm »
Hey, all. This is my first arcade project since I was in high school and I've just finished the design in sketchup and just wanted to attach design pics to show everyone! I've been planning on making this project for years now and I finally think I have a solid enough design and enough free time to start making it for real!

The main idea is that the monitor is in a case and can be manually lifted and rotated with the handles to both the vertical and horizontal positions, so I can play all those shooters and classic games I love, without having big black borders on either side. The dowels in the back will guide the monitor up and down along tracks so as to restrict it to two positions. One of the dowels is a stand-in for the cables coming out of the monitor.

The control panel is going to be modular, and it can be attached to the front with the two latches on either side, that way it has expandability for specific games like Tron, Centipede or Golden Tee.

I hope you all like it and I'll be posting progress pics as I get started to keep everything updated!

wirenut

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2016, 02:11:07 am
  • Rumbai, Indonesia
Re: Manual-rotation, Modular Controls, Bartop Arcade
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 12:10:03 am »
I love it.  I think this build has tons of potential to be great!  Can't wait to see this one as it develops.

Good luck and happy building!

EMDB

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 05, 2023, 09:18:51 am
  • Project RetroCade
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 05:58:19 am »
Nice concept! I don't see any cables from Monitor to PC. How are you going to handle those?

Yvan256

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 20, 2017, 08:35:41 am
    • Yvan256
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 08:18:06 am »
Nice concept! I don't see any cables from Monitor to PC. How are you going to handle those?

He wrote "One of the dowels is a stand-in for the cables coming out of the monitor.".

paulmarko

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2014, 11:29:16 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 12:20:52 pm »

Thanks!
Yep the bottom dowel in the horizontal position is the cable stand-in, the middle one is the center fulcrum and the one on the side is to help guide it.

mgb

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2024, 06:18:13 pm
  • North East, US
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 09:47:11 pm »
I like it.
  I think the whole concept goes well with what I'm assuming is going to be a steampunk design