Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

What version of PGA do you currently own?

PGA GOLF
7 (4.3%)
CHAMPIONSHIP I
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP II
3 (1.8%)
CHAMPIONSHIP III
20 (12.2%)
CHALLENGE
31 (18.9%)
TEAM CHALLENGE
54 (32.9%)
TEAM CHALLENGE w/ ALL ACCESS
28 (17.1%)
I DON'T OWN A VERSION BUT WOULD LIKE TO!
15 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 164

Author Topic: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread  (Read 553247 times)

boostinallovryou

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread
« Reply #600 on: November 26, 2014, 11:48:44 am »
Sorry for sounding like Ed, that's not a good thing.  I will refrain from posing any behind the scenes / tech information since nobody here is interested in it like me hahahahah.

Here is a status photo.  It doesn't look like much to everybody, but it is huge.  It is proof that my new method will work great.  All I did was put my cd in the cdrom drive while the game was running.  It stopped the game, connected to the database, and discovered that there is 1 old operator in the db.  Now I just need to write the last of the logic that will remove all stale operators and add the one we will use for the private server.  Along with this I will add the logic from my first cdrom that points the machine to the private server.  More things might get added to this but there will only be one cd you need to execute, and that's this one.  Also this ISO will be SMALL unlike my first one.

boostinallovryou

« Reply #601 on: November 26, 2014, 02:07:59 pm »
Alright I think I got the patcher ready for you brave beta testers (Spitfire) to try.
Download the ISO from here: http://www.filedropper.com/pgapatcherv01
Burn to a CD
Insert into your cdrom drive when the game is in attract mode.

Please let me know what it does on your machine.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2023, 07:55:31 am
« Reply #602 on: November 26, 2014, 10:55:51 pm »
Hi boost that's great mate. Just of to work will try this in about 5 hours time and report ha ha till then

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
Re: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Threade
« Reply #603 on: November 27, 2014, 03:26:56 am »
So I ran the cd in attract mode and the following photo is what happened and now this is my system info. What do I do next Boost??

boostinallovryou

« Reply #604 on: November 27, 2014, 04:12:37 am »
This is great news spitfire!  This means your machine is pointing to the private server, the old operator was removed from the database, the new operator we are using for the private server has been added and activated, and now the 4 digit registration method can work.  Next step is for me to finish 4 digit logic on server.  Next time you test you will be registering.  Give me a few days.  Thanks again spitfire!

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #605 on: November 27, 2014, 04:28:54 am »
That's great to hear. Awaiting ur instructions.

Loafmeister

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 08, 2020, 03:21:17 am
« Reply #606 on: November 27, 2014, 09:44:05 am »
I have nothing to bring for this thread, I don't own the machine and probably never will; but I just wanted to say that its really cool to see the work done on this, very mesmerizing actually, a keen insight on how success your approach appears to be boost.  Well done!

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #607 on: November 30, 2014, 02:34:15 am »
Hey Boost how's your progress mate?

boostinallovryou

« Reply #608 on: November 30, 2014, 10:23:44 am »
It's going good.  I just didn't post about any of the specific issues i have had to overcome because i didn't want to sound like Ed :-) hahaha  I had to clear and populate more tables in the database so i created a v0.2 version of the prepper cd.  Then i ran into a pretty big issue as the registration data passed between the cabinet and server is encrypted.  I have written the logic to decrypt and read the data.  Now i am working on populating the response from the server and writing the logic to encrypt it.  Things are going very well.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #609 on: November 30, 2014, 04:33:35 pm »
That's great to hear mate and your posts are actually pretty straight forward to understand even the technical ones thx Joe

boostinallovryou

« Reply #610 on: December 01, 2014, 03:36:27 am »
So is everybody ready to register their machines??

Here are the steps:
1) Download version 0.2 of the patcher from here: http://www.filedropper.com/pgapatcherv02
2) Burn it to a cd and insert the cd while the game is in attract mode.  You should see all success messages and no errors.
3) Remove the cd and reboot the game.
4) Go into service mode, Connect/Register, and select option to register the machine.
5) On the next screen select the 4 digit code registration method.
6) The screen after that will be an empty dialog box.  Press start to enter the code entry screen.
7) Using the trackball and start button choose any 4 digit value you want.  The server doesn't care what you choose.
8) Select done on the next couple of screens.  You will also select your timezone, connection method (Choose Broadband), and dial in times.
9) The machine will then connect to the server and register.  You might see it hang at 5% for a bit of time, this is normal.

You will get a success message like above.  Now your main service screen will show a valid cabinet number and status as registered.  When you exit back to the game you will see the green tournament enabled message on the bottom left and a green "last successful call" message on the bottom right.  You are now registered!!

The next thing for me to do is finish a little bit of code cleanup, some daily dial in code, and then I should be able to start a tournament.  When that happens all your machine will have to do is make a daily call and it will get the tournament info.  Please be patient with the first tournament.  I will be finishing code that syncs everybody.  I might not have code in the right spots and your awesome #1 stats might get lost.  The first tournament will be at beta quality.  Will need a few days to get that ready to go.  Please let me know what everybody's experience is when registering.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #611 on: December 01, 2014, 04:32:25 am »
Awesome boost will do this now and report back thx
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 04:51:09 am by Spitfire »

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #612 on: December 01, 2014, 05:16:04 am »
Ok so I did as instructed as seen by the pics all seemed to go well and it said last call complete however the tournaments still disabled and I received that error message on game resume. So I then tried a force call to see if it would fix the problem. It has stalled on 10% for over 10 mins there is internet activity on router but percentage not moving off 10%. What now boost?

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #613 on: December 01, 2014, 05:34:20 am »
So I had to power off to get control back rebooted tried again to force call but return to game option and again it stopped at 10% and returned to game now saying last call not complete?? Ummmm

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #614 on: December 01, 2014, 05:46:02 am »
So I decided to run the patcher again and then reboot. On reboot nothing had changed in the settings I still had cabinet id and tried force call again and still only got to 10% and back to game. So I tried to unregister cabinet it got to 57% and gave me a connection error 4000 ummm but seemed like it unregistered. Registered again but the same outcome. Awaiting your help boost?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 05:52:36 am by Spitfire »

boostinallovryou

« Reply #615 on: December 01, 2014, 09:14:49 am »
I think i know whats going on.  I bet your machine is not happy with the operator country, location country, or both.  I bet i will have to make a patcher cd for each region.  All the machines can play tournaments against each other but internally i bet it needs to see a AU country code instead of US because of the dongle.

The 57% issus during registration is normal.  I haven't fixed that yet.  Your machine did unregister though and that error is normal.

I need you to unregister your machine and wait for me to make a new patcher cd today.  I should be able to do this in about 5 hours when i get to work.  Ill call it 0.2au and post a link here when it's ready.  I am very sure that is the issue.  Thank you for testing and being outside of the US hahaha

boostinallovryou

« Reply #616 on: December 01, 2014, 11:06:14 am »
Here is the Australian version of the patcher cd.  Please unregister before using this.  After executing the cd go ahead and register like last time.  Lets see what this does.

http://www.filedropper.com/pgapatcherv02au

Bowana

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2016, 03:49:47 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #617 on: December 01, 2014, 03:07:21 pm »
That's pretty awesome stuff!!  Congrats on making huge progress!

Time for me to get my machine up and running.

boostinallovryou

« Reply #618 on: December 01, 2014, 03:17:47 pm »
Thanks Bowana.  Got plenty of more work to do but am very happy with the progress so far.  Get your machine together and lets get you connected!

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #619 on: December 01, 2014, 03:56:21 pm »
It's morning here in Oz. Will deregister again and try this new patch and report back ASAP. Fingers crossed ha ha ha

boostinallovryou

« Reply #620 on: December 01, 2014, 04:12:58 pm »
Good morning!  My fingers are crossed as well.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #621 on: December 01, 2014, 06:01:54 pm »
So boost did exactly as u asked unfortunately with the same result?? Last call complete but tournaments deactivated. Ummm any thoughts? Tried to force call again got to 10% and back to game and now last call not complete showing.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 06:04:13 pm by Spitfire »

boostinallovryou

« Reply #622 on: December 01, 2014, 06:35:01 pm »
Well, a part of me is glad if that makes sense.  I am glad because it means it is not region related.  That means we can go back to one cd for all.  I am happy about that.  I never got to finish the propagation logic which is used during unregistration and when the machine calls in each day.  That is why unregistration currently stops at 57%.  This is also the reason your call is stopping at 10%.  I didn't continue fixing it because there were bigger fish to fry AND I thought it was good enough to satisfy the propagation section.  Obviously it was for me, but not for you.  That means your machine might have an entry in the db that I have never seen before.  This is causing the call in to fail and deactivate tournaments.  Notice that it says your machine is registered but de-activated.  No problem, now I just need to get in there and finish the propagation logic.  Once this is done we all should be able to unregister and register with no failures at 57%, 10%, etc.  I'll continue tonight.  Thanks again for testing!

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #623 on: December 01, 2014, 07:15:59 pm »
No thank you boost for all ur work I know you will get this working and we will have our tournaments going soon. Would this new method work on my all access machine? If so should I give it a go to see if it works? Also this portable version of team challange doesn't have a card reader would that be any problem? Thoughts?

boostinallovryou

« Reply #624 on: December 01, 2014, 09:17:34 pm »
What I intended to do with All Access Pass was investigate what changes they made to the service screens and database.  Then determine what I needed to add back to get the best of both worlds.  Tournament w/All Access Pass enhancements.  That is one of the things to do after the server gets on its feet.

The deal with no card reader is a bit tricky.  I'm sure the game is going to require you to insert your card to identify you as a player.  I might be picking up another machine next weekend.  If so it will only be for parts.  I can send you the card reader and you can just plug it into the free USB port on the back.

Time to get off work and go see what's going on with this server :-)

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #625 on: December 01, 2014, 09:26:07 pm »
Sounds like a plan buddy. Maybe a sneaky beer or 2 while your getting the server up n running also ha ha
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 10:38:57 pm by Spitfire »

DarkDiscord

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2014, 12:41:34 pm
« Reply #626 on: December 01, 2014, 11:16:04 pm »
Hello,

New here.  Found a PGA Tour Championship I in my area.  They want $300.  Everything works and looks good and they have all the install CDs.  Good price?

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #627 on: December 02, 2014, 03:54:23 am »
Not bad I guess but it is a very early version of the game. Normally Team Challenge sells for that price. You might want to upgrade to Challenge if you like playing skins or the latest version Team Challenge for better game play physics and graphics.

DarkDiscord

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2014, 12:41:34 pm
« Reply #628 on: December 02, 2014, 12:34:58 pm »
Hm - and upgrading involves getting the software from someone and then finding a dongle as well as possibly upgrading the card to the 6600.

I'm jonesin for a golf game to play besides 2K on my MAME cabinet.  Mainly, I want to play in the online tournaments once you guys get that sorted. :)   I'll think it over.  Thank you for the information. 

boostinallovryou

« Reply #629 on: December 03, 2014, 02:30:30 pm »
Just popping in to give a quick update.  Registration and unregistration code is complete.  Found reason why spitfire was having issues.  Finishing base propagation code today and testing tonight.  Should have something this evening.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #630 on: December 03, 2014, 10:42:20 pm »
That's great boost can't wait to try!!

boostinallovryou

« Reply #631 on: December 04, 2014, 12:07:19 am »
Ok spitfire, you're up.  My machine can unregister, register, and call in with no issues.  That au version of the patcher cd is not necessary.  Unregister your machine if it isn't already.   Run the regular v0.2 patcher.  Register with any 4 digit code you want.  Let's see if you have the same success as me.  Fingers crossed!

boostinallovryou

« Reply #632 on: December 04, 2014, 12:09:20 am »
Oh forgot to mention that certain areas of unregistration and registration can take a minute and a half so be patient.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #633 on: December 04, 2014, 03:30:36 am »
Deregistering now will post results soon.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #634 on: December 04, 2014, 03:56:26 am »
So unregistered machine which completed 100% in approx 3 mins with a stall at 57%. Then ran patcher  v.02. Power off machine. Powered up machine went into operators menu selected register machine chose and entered 4 digit, timeline and broadband registration began stalled approx 3 mins at 4% then another min at 22% till eventually reaching 100% at a total of approx 6 mins.

However still said My machine was deactivated. So I forced a call to server and after about 1 min finished 100% which lead me to my pic and the holy grail!! Ha ha ha ha

Boost you are a genius! Does this mean let the world wide PGA Golf tournaments begin???

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #635 on: December 04, 2014, 03:59:35 am »
So boost once you set up a tournament will I be able to select The tournament icon on the start screen as still unselectable?

boostinallovryou

« Reply #636 on: December 04, 2014, 06:19:39 pm »
I'm very happy right now.  Very happy.  Spitfire thanks for testing and documenting times, appreciate it very much!  Yes, once a tournament is setup you will be able to select it and play.  I mentioned in a previous post that this is the "base" propagation.  There are a few more things that need to be done before a real tournament can begin.  If you want to know the specifics I can lay it all out but I think all anybody cares about is the end result hahahah.  After my next version of the server software you will be able to have your machine call in, and you will have a tournament to play :-)

I need to take care of some house things and the next version of the server code has a monster of changes.  I probably won't have it done until this time next week.  Sorry to keep everybody in suspense but these is a lot of work here.  I'll post updates as I continue.

96p993

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2022, 01:26:37 pm
« Reply #637 on: December 04, 2014, 10:29:45 pm »
Congrats guys!!!

« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 10:31:58 pm by 96p993 »

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #638 on: December 04, 2014, 10:34:58 pm »
Hi Boost thanks once again mate. Now just to clarify for everyone, should they be getting their machine to the same spot as our machines with tournaments enabled? Then waiting for you to do your magic again and get the tournaments up and running? Is this correct?

96p993

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2022, 01:26:37 pm
« Reply #639 on: December 04, 2014, 10:49:34 pm »
Might be a bit soon but Im wondering how the tournaments will work...Will boost be the only one to start a tournament? Just wondering where it goes from here