Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Who is a reputable PCB repair person  (Read 1244 times)

YoGaBaR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 11, 2021, 12:10:54 pm
  • Yeah im in the club
Who is a reputable PCB repair person
« on: October 04, 2009, 08:14:34 pm »
I have checked the wiki and I have seen a few options. I NEED a person that can fix my

Bubble Bobble - repeats on the warning screen
Bubble Symphony - dead game and mobo
Bubble Memories - gets sound but frozen pic

I have had a guy locally fix them all and said they worked and had them on for an hour and said everything was fine. Now I test them and all these problems. Plus I am too pissed3d to check my other games to see if they are really working or not.

I want to know who would be the best to fix an old Taito and Taito f3 system. I need a reputable person, company, or member here who will really fix them and not screw me. I really need these done for they are part of a project I am in the midst of creating.

Thanks,
YoGaBaR
Check out my WOODY  Bubble Bobble

CheffoJeffo

• Cheffo's right! ---saint
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2024, 09:33:37 pm
  • Worthless button pusher!
Re: Who is a reputable PCB repair person
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 08:54:24 pm »
My number one recommendation for JAMMA-based stuff would be BYOAC member channelmaniac, who can be found in the Vendors page of the wiki under ArcadeComponents.com.

I only have one of his repaired boards, but the repair is neat and clean and the board works great. I have ordered chips from him before and also read through his repair logs (here and here) a number of times and found them very helpful.

Before I would go that route, however, I would do the mandatory voltage and connector checks to make sure everything is OK (it isn't clear from your post how much troubleshooting you have done to date).
Working: Not Enough
Projects: Too Many
Progress: None

Kevin Mullins

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2021, 01:29:34 pm
    • Me on Myspace
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 10:37:18 pm »
Before I would go that route, however, I would do the mandatory voltage and connector checks to make sure everything is OK (it isn't clear from your post how much troubleshooting you have done to date).

Agreed.........
Do you have ANY boards that work in the same setup you are trying those three boards?
What's your power supply putting out when a board is plugged in ?

When I see or hear of that many boards said "working" and none of them work in the same setup, I question the setup first.
Not a technician . . . . just a DIY'er.

YoGaBaR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 11, 2021, 12:10:54 pm
  • Yeah im in the club
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 08:57:36 am »
I guess I did the basics of testing. I have put the boards in my TMNT cab I know its working. same problems.  I have also made a little jamma testing bartop top test boards. Same problems. I have tested other working boards on both cabs.

I even took the bubble symphony and bubble memory carts and put them on the others motherboard. They are both Japan version carts and motherboards so I know they are interchangeable.

Other than that all I can say is that the bartop I made is all new components and I know I have tested six working boards on it. Some jamma and some not.

Thanks for the replies, hope this info helps.
Check out my WOODY  Bubble Bobble