Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Advice for a newb...  (Read 2045 times)

RyanCoke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2009, 04:30:19 pm
Advice for a newb...
« on: March 18, 2009, 06:01:42 pm »
Hello everyone, I've been browsing this site for a while now and have finally decided to become a contributing member of the online community.
I've seen a lot of really great projects on here and I can't wait to get started on my own soon. The weather is getting nicer and a good mate and I have two summer projects planned that we're hoping will compliment either other nicely.
I am a video game fiend and have been playing arcade games for as long as I can remember and I have been planning on building an arcade machine for a year now. I had originally planned on using an x-box and television, as well as a "Tank-stick" to do this, but I have been inspired by the excellent work on this site to build from the ground up. My friend is a music nut and his plan is to build a jukebox inspired by some of the work on these forums.
We're going to build these both to compliment each other, same style and colours, because we live in the same house and will be putting them in the basement along with our ping-pong and fooseball tables.
I have a bit of wood working construction experience as I've built poker tables in the past and my friend has experience working with the wiring (car audio installation etc.) Hopefully we find ourselves qualified enough to build some decent looking pieces.
After this big long rant my question is simple... can anyone recommend a website or something where we would be able to get plans to build both of these projects? We're looking for something that has a classic arcade machine, as well as a jukebox that looks similar to the one that June built at the link posted below.
Thanks for your help, and thanks for setting up and participating in such an excellent online community! I look forward to keeping everyone posted on our progress.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=20824.0     <--- Style we're looking for.

unclet

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2023, 07:34:43 pm
Re: Advice for a newb...
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 06:57:17 pm »

Perhaps my progress photos of building my jukebox can help you out although there are no measurements available.   I just drew some rough sketches on some scrap paper when planning my jukebox and then I started cutting.

http://unclet.arcadecontrols.com/

Just click on the jukebox picture and then "photos" link

Welcome to BYOAC !

RyanCoke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2009, 04:30:19 pm
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 08:02:50 pm »
that's an excellent looking machine, and a good set of progress pictures.... should help a lot.
Thanks!

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 04:00:46 pm »
Not sure what you consider a classic arcade cab shape but there are many cabs at the following link.

Jakobuds cab plans