Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: How to properly use Bondo  (Read 1626 times)

markronz

• We traced the call, and it came from....INSIDE YOUR ARCADE MACHINE!
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2019, 12:03:08 am
  • Game on!
How to properly use Bondo
« on: October 07, 2008, 12:33:50 pm »
Hello everyone!  First time poster here.   I recently purchased an arcade machine cabinet that I plan on fixing up and making into a MAME cabinet.  It was originally a Nintendo PlayChoice machine with two screens.   When I got it both monitors were broken, and the side art is pretty much beyond repair as well.   However, the good part about this is that the cabinet itself was in decent shape.    I don't think I will be sticking with the PlayChoice theme since it's beyond being restored.   

There was a bar across the front to hold the coin box in that I've since removed.   I'm planning on filling the holes with the Bondo stuff that I've heard so much about on this site.    I picked some up last night at Menards and I was wondering if someone could give me a better idea as so how to properly mix the stuff.   Do I mix it in that plastic container that was on top of the can?   Do I mix it with my hands?   Or what would I use?  I haven't opened the can yet, so I don't really know what this stuff looks like.   I just want to make sure that I know what I'm doing once I open it since it dries so quickly.    The holes on the front are about an inch across.   I was planning on trying to fill them up entirely in one shot, unless anyone thinks I should take a more gradual approach and fill the holes over a few atttempts.

Just looks for some advice in general.   Thanks for the help everyone!

markronz

• We traced the call, and it came from....INSIDE YOUR ARCADE MACHINE!
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2019, 12:03:08 am
  • Game on!
Re: How to properly use Bondo
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 05:48:19 pm »
Nevermind about this question guys.   I looked around a little further and was able to find a video and a walkthrough elsewhere. 

For those that are interested here is the video:
http://video.aol.com/video/how-to-use-bondo-to-repair-wood-2008/1943118

and here's the wiki:
http://wiki.arcadecontrols.com/wiki/Bondo

Sorry guys, should have looked more thoroughly first.

fjl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2017, 10:14:04 pm
  • Pixels Rule!
Re: How to properly use Bondo
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 12:38:39 am »
Cool, vid.

Main things to take note of is, avoid bondo touching your skin. Wear a breathing mask. When you mix it, mix thoroughly and make sure it's all pink. Work quickly cause it dries quickly.