Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Pinky McJuke - Believe it or not, work continues =)  (Read 41683 times)

Franco B

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 09:14:06 am
Re: Pinky McJuke (Help: Which Motherboard?)
« Reply #240 on: October 16, 2009, 10:30:01 am »
Awesome, can't wait to see it!  :)

I'm really excited about getting the new MB etc and having a play with it. I think this is becoming more of a present for me than her  :laugh:

Thanks again, just give me a shout whenever and I will help out in anyway I can.  :cheers:

I picked up the replacement acrylic this morning and cut the new front piece. It only took about an hour and came out just as well as the last one. Its amazing what difference the right tooling and setup makes to a job.

I still need to put the bevel on the screen cut out but I cant do that until I have the inner bezel cut out and fixed/routed and I can't cut that out until I have the new (hopefully right this time!) drilling template made which I should get done on Monday/Tuesday. I also need to cut out the touch PCB reliefs too but that should only take a few minutes.

I found the touch sensors work best though <1mm of material. They worked great though a CD case so I am going to to to route out some pieces of that to mount them to.

orion

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2022, 03:58:03 pm
Re: Pinky McJuke (New front bezel cut)
« Reply #241 on: October 16, 2009, 06:52:15 pm »
Well you've gotten a lot done today! Your not the only one who's been busy today however, I'm done with your Xlobby skin! Everything you need is included, except for Winamp. I have included instructions as well and if your album art is located in folders, follow the further instructions in this thread.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=96557.0  Also, make sure you use the version of Xlobby I have included as well as the plugins.... Well that's all the details I can think of, however if you run into any problems with it let me know!

Here is your Xlobby skin sir! http://www.mediafire.com/file/ehmjymmo0dm/PinkOrion.zip

I wound up putting all the screen shots in my thread... it seemed more appropriate as I didn't want to "gum up" your thread!  ;D Let me know what you think!
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=93382.0

Franco B

• Offline Offline
« Reply #242 on: October 17, 2009, 01:35:30 am »
Wow. It looks awesome :)

The controls look much better placed than the vanilla Xlobby setup too.

Don't worry about gumming up the thread, it's all good! I'll post the screenies here.

Thanks for all of your help with the software too. I'll download it when I get home and have a play  :cheers:

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #243 on: October 17, 2009, 08:45:16 pm »
I'm glad you like the look of it, let me know what you think of it after you play around with it for a while. I tried to lay it out to be intuitive and as easy to use as possible. It should really zip along on that new dual core processor and board your getting too! I think you will be more than pleased as to how it should all work together! Have fun with it!  :)

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #244 on: October 29, 2009, 08:40:25 am »
Bump! Hey Franco, I was just curious to see if you have made any progress on this and if your PC came in yet.

Franco B

• Offline Offline
« Reply #245 on: October 29, 2009, 08:50:49 am »
Hey bud, thanks for the interest.

I've had to put it on hold whilst I refurb/convert one of my Naomi's. I need to get it done asap so I can get it on location to start earning me some money back.

I should have it done in about two weeks max so I'l be back on Pinky after that  :cheers:

orion

• Offline Offline
Re: Pinky McJuke (Nothing to see, move along =P)
« Reply #246 on: October 29, 2009, 09:13:14 am »
OK cool!  :)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 11:27:25 pm by orion »

thatitalian

• Don't worry about the chicken, I feed my friends human all the time...
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2018, 10:52:37 am
  • The Revolution Is Coming...
« Reply #247 on: November 04, 2009, 04:51:47 am »
If you want I can send you the fonts and art shapes to incorporate into the skin if you like?

I can even whip up a few buttons if it makes thing a 'lil easier?

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #248 on: November 04, 2009, 02:10:42 pm »
If you want I can send you the fonts and art shapes to incorporate into the skin if you like?

I can even whip up a few buttons if it makes thing a 'lil easier?

Oh did you you guys change up the artwork since previously shown in this thread? That's where I got the shade of Pink from to use in the skin anyway. If you have a custom logo or buttons or something I wouldn't mind adding it to the skin.