Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ultrastick  (Read 1758 times)

(+_+)

• Let me splain.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 27, 2012, 09:00:32 pm
  • For I am ]{eyser Soze
Ultrastick
« on: July 21, 2007, 01:02:38 pm »
Hi Everybody,

Does anyone know how to set up the ultrastiks so that they work independently. I have ultrastiks and I'm trying to get Robotron to work and I also tried Mutant Storm and no luck so far. Just complete frustration. When I try to set up Robotron in the mame control config section, mame doesn't detect that I am moving either joystick and therefore doesn't register a letter. When I try to set up Mutant Storm, I put it in Joystick mode, but both joysticks register the same d-pad's 1 through 4. Is there a way aroung this or is there a way to let the ultramap know that one direction corresponds to a letter.

The thing is when I test the joysticks in the Ultramap tool, they both move perfectly and each have their own IDs (1 and 2) set up.

Thanks
This plan is so perfect, it's retarded. -- Peter Family Guy

(+_+)

• Let me splain.
  • Offline Offline
  • For I am ]{eyser Soze
Re: Ultrastick
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 02:41:18 pm »
Ok. So I got Mutant Storm to work by setting the move and fire for each ultrastik joystick to use d-pads 1 through 4. I thought that this would cause a conflict but it didn't. I'll keep fiddling, but hopefully someone can point me down the right path.

(+_+)

• Let me splain.
  • Offline Offline
  • For I am ]{eyser Soze
Re: Ultrastick
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 05:09:28 pm »
I believe I cried wolf on this one. I didn't have joystick set to 1 in the mame.ini file. As soon as I changed it I was able to set the controls correctly.

Thanks anyways.