Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: light gun compatibility question  (Read 1453 times)

Captain_Cow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 17, 2005, 10:49:48 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
light gun compatibility question
« on: November 17, 2005, 04:21:53 am »
   Hi everyone, i'm in the process of building my 1st cabinet. i've already finished the controllers (4 players) and they're working great but now i'm thinking about adding 2 light guns.
   I found really good PS1/PS2/Xbox light guns and i found a USB/PS2 adapter. would this gun work on my MAME? I'll be using a 32-inch TV. has anyone tried this and does it work? how well? i'd like to get as much data as possible before i shell out:p
   Thanks for anything and everything:)

SithMaster

• Lets see how happy you are when you need to use a lawn mower and it keeps turning off when you want to cut up zombies.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 12, 2014, 03:52:59 pm
  • The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Re: light gun compatibility question
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 11:51:35 am »
no they dont work. you'lll need an act labs or if u are using a console then u can use the xbox light guns.
Back in MY day we lived on the moon and we had to build a rocket ship from scratch to get to the Earth before we suffocated.

tivogre

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 18, 2013, 09:13:34 pm
  • I'm a llama!
    • ogredog.com
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 08:15:59 am »
no they dont work. you'lll need an act labs or if u are using a console then u can use the xbox light guns.

Begging to differ....

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=37196.0

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=35416.0

AND if you do a search on GUNCON in the forums, you'll see DOZENS of other useful posts.

SithMaster

• Lets see how happy you are when you need to use a lawn mower and it keeps turning off when you want to cut up zombies.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 12, 2014, 03:52:59 pm
  • The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 11:45:03 am »
alright then i am mistaken.  i had asked a similar question about this for using a ps2 madcatz gun with a radioshack adapter and someone said it wouldnt work with a pc.
Back in MY day we lived on the moon and we had to build a rocket ship from scratch to get to the Earth before we suffocated.