Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: YAY! TODAY SUCKED!!!  (Read 12698 times)

Floyd10

• Trade Count: (0)
YAY! TODAY SUCKED!!!
« on: November 12, 2004, 09:20:45 pm »
I got busted at school for parephernalia possesion. I almost got arrested for possesion, but my newest transaction was oregano, so i got off scott free. I was planning to quit, and I havent done it alot, and I still got busted. what the *explecative here*. Its not fair. My mom's lividX10, and my stepdad kept asking me how much it costs. Well, whatelse is new?

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
Re:YAY! TODAY SUCKED!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2004, 09:45:20 pm »
Um, wow, maybe you shouldn't do drugs then.  

I hate drugs. I hate people who sell drugs. I hate people who buy drugs. I hate people who send the "drugs are cool" message to teenagers.

I have seen so many ruined lives. So many hurt children. So many broken marriages. So many people who throw everything away. So many people who never accomplish ANYTHING with their life other than getting high.

And that is just from pot. I wasn't even talking about the harder drugs.

You'll get no sympathy from me, perhaps some jail time could have done you some good.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2004, 09:47:16 pm by paigeoliver »
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

Floyd10

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2004, 09:56:32 pm »
Its just the whole, ppl do it for 25 years and never get caught, I do it a few, and I do. Im just kinda pissed

saint

• turned to the Dark Side
  • Supreme Chancellor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:43:29 pm
  • I only work in cyberspace...
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2004, 10:25:45 pm »
Take it as a hint from a higher power that it's time to quit before you do yourself serious damage to your life....
--- John St.Clair
     Build Your Own Arcade Controls FAQ
     http://www.arcadecontrols.com/
     Project Arcade 2!
     http://www.projectarcade2.com/
     saint@arcadecontrols.com

Floyd10

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2004, 10:32:56 pm »
I was planning to

shmokes

• Just think of all the suffering in this world that could have been avoided had I just been a little better informed. :)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2016, 06:50:42 pm
  • Don't tread on me.
    • Jake Moses
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2004, 12:40:31 am »
I think that marijuana should be legalized and that harder drugs should be decriminalized -- treated as a public health epidemic.
Check out my website for in-depth reviews of children's books, games, and educational apps for the iPad:

Best Kid iPad Apps

paigeoliver

• Offline Offline
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2004, 12:54:59 am »
I think that marijuana should be legalized and that harder drugs should be decriminalized -- treated as a public health epidemic.

I'd be more along the lines of thinking death penalty for possession, with same day executions. There would be no drug problem after about 10 days, in the long term many, many, many lives would be saved.  Heck, even in the short term more lives would be saved. How many days of watching drug users being lined up against the wall and shot would it take for the entire drug problem to vanish and the distribution chains to fall apart? I say about 4 days.

Marijuana may not be particularly dangerous physically, but it is still a terrible social problem. I know plenty of people who have ruined, or who are ruining their lives with pot, and without ever getting tangled up with the law.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

shmokes

• Just think of all the suffering in this world that could have been avoided had I just been a little better informed. :)
  • Offline Offline
  • Don't tread on me.
    • Jake Moses
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2004, 01:23:21 am »
Gimme a break.

Religion, particularly the Christian religion, has taken exponentially more lives than drugs.  How many lives have been ruined by things like, say, genocide?  If we apply your self-righteous philosophy across the board maybe it should be possession of bibles that gets you shot.  Or would that put you up agains the wall?

BTW, I think marijuana should be legalized and other drugs decriminalized because that would reduce our drug problem, not because I do drugs.  I don't (except alcohol -- which, btw, I think is WAY more harmful/dangerous than marijuana).
Check out my website for in-depth reviews of children's books, games, and educational apps for the iPad:

Best Kid iPad Apps

Apollo

• Yes You Can Have A Custom Title
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 27, 2021, 10:49:02 pm
    • Eight Bells
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2004, 01:38:42 am »
Ditto, if religion and alcohol were banned ( or had never existed ) imagine what an amazing world we would be living in. Just think about it for a while.

grueinthebox

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2014, 12:37:03 pm
  • Feed your head.
    • red42.com
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2004, 01:40:32 am »
Marijuana may not be particularly dangerous physically, but it is still a terrible social problem. I know plenty of people who have ruined, or who are ruining their lives with pot, and without ever getting tangled up with the law.

The same argument could be made for alcohol, and possibly any number of other things.  Regulation and personal responsibility are key.  Likely these same people who are ruining their lives with pot would be doing the same with something else (be it alcohol or just some other variety of self-destructive behavior) if the pot wasn't around...  In those cases, it's generally a symptom rather than the problem itself.
"All right. It's Saturday night. I've got no date, a two liter bottle of Shasta, and my all Rush mix tape. Let's rock!"

GGKoul

• Cheesecake Apprentice
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2019, 05:47:30 pm
  • I was once a big man!! -4700 posts later...
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2004, 01:47:55 am »
Ditto, if religion and alcohol were banned ( or had never existed ) imagine what an amazing world we would be living in. Just think about it for a while.

Imagine

Imagine there's no heaven,
It's easy if you try,
No hell below us,
Above us only sky,
Imagine all the people
living for today...

Imagine there's no countries,
It isnt hard to do,
Nothing to kill or die for,
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...

Imagine no possesions,
I wonder if you can,
No need for greed or hunger,
A brotherhood of man,
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say Im a dreamer,
but Im not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.

GGKoul

• Cheesecake Apprentice
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2019, 05:47:30 pm
  • I was once a big man!! -4700 posts later...
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2004, 01:48:52 am »
Floyd, how old are you?  Aren't you under 18?  Lucky your not thrown in jail.

shmokes

• Offline Offline
  • Don't tread on me.
    • Jake Moses
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2004, 02:16:55 am »

Imagine

Imagine there's no heaven,
It's easy if you try,
No hell below us,
Above us only sky,
Imagine all the people
living for today...

Imagine there's no countries,
It isnt hard to do,
Nothing to kill or die for,
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...

Imagine no possesions,
I wonder if you can,
No need for greed or hunger,
A brotherhood of man,
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say Im a dreamer,
but Im not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.

Nah....put 'em all up against a wall.  This all reminds me of the song In the Flesh from Pink Floyd's The Wall

Are there any queers in the theatre tonight?
Get 'em up against the wall. -- 'Gainst the wall!
And that one in the spotlight, he don't look right to me.
Get him up against the wall. -- 'Gainst the wall!
And that one looks Jewish, and that one's a coon.
Who let all this riffraff into the room?
There's one smoking a joint, and another with spots!
If I had my way I'd have all of ya shot.

Best Kid iPad Apps

Yander

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 08, 2013, 08:00:14 pm
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2004, 07:39:45 am »
We should deal with harder drugs similarly to how china dealt with opium addiction. You have 5 years to quit. After 5 years anyone spotted with drugs will be shot on site. Of course this isn't practical and is dangerous.

danny_galaga

• Grand high prophet of the holy noodle.
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:55:16 am
  • because the mail never stops
    • dans cocktail lounge
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2004, 08:12:18 am »
We should deal with harder drugs similarly to how china dealt with opium addiction. You have 5 years to quit. After 5 years anyone spotted with drugs will be shot on site. Of course this isn't practical and is dangerous.

the funny thing about that is, that it was the english who introduced opium to china. convo:

england: lets trade!!
china: yeah sure, watcha got?
england: cotton...
china: got that , what else?
england: wool?
china: pass...
england: steam engines?
china: we'll make our own thanks
england: well, what then?
china: well, we kinda dig gold...
england: ha! so do we, wise-boy.
china: well, seeya then...

*england then introduces opium from india to china. selling it underground for gold*

england: hey, we're back. we got you some gold!
china: hmmmm. well, ok then...

for the modern day, replace the term 'gold' with greenback  ;)

ROUGHING UP THE SUSPECT SINCE 1981

danny_galaga

• Offline Offline
    • dans cocktail lounge
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2004, 08:15:28 am »
I got busted at school for parephernalia possesion. I almost got arrested for possesion, but my newest transaction was oregano, so i got off scott free. I was planning to quit, and I havent done it alot, and I still got busted. what the *explecative here*. Its not fair. My mom's lividX10, and my stepdad kept asking me how much it costs. Well, whatelse is new?

so how much DOES it cost? and i can't believe you didn't sniff that oregano...

paigeoliver

• Offline Offline
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2004, 08:27:08 am »
Gimme a break.

Religion, particularly the Christian religion, has taken exponentially more lives than drugs.  How many lives have been ruined by things like, say, genocide?  If we apply your self-righteous philosophy across the board maybe it should be possession of bibles that gets you shot.  Or would that put you up agains the wall?

BTW, I think marijuana should be legalized and other drugs decriminalized because that would reduce our drug problem, not because I do drugs.  I don't (except alcohol -- which, btw, I think is WAY more harmful/dangerous than marijuana).

My anti-drug stances are totally unrelated to my religous beliefs.  I held to my firm anti-drug stance even when I was in full on rebelling against god mode.

As for your idea about killing bible holders. That day will come, that day will come. It is in the bible. Anyway, true christianity isn't killing anyone at all. . That was the Catholic Church, which is a similar, but distinct religion. When you get down to actual beliefs and details catholicism is as far from protestant christian beliefs as muslim beliefs are.

Zakk

• Gosh, that's a real nice... ooh look, a penny! -- That Zakk is Just Mean
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 24, 2024, 01:32:21 am
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2004, 10:22:11 am »
I'm with paigoliver on this one, I was in a 'group' that did nothing much else in high school than smoke up.  Day in and day out, pot, hash, oil.  'Nutty butty' was 3 rolling papers smeared with oil, sprinkled with has and filled with weed.  Sure, it was a blast at the time, but of that oh say 10 guys, there are 5 that I know of that are still doing it, and of them, 4 of them still live at home at 35, and the other (who was a smart guy), well his last brainstorm was to raise mice to sell to pet shops so that he could sit home and smoke and not have to work. He started down his road to financial independance with 2 mice.  Hey, 2 mice don't have that many babies!

Moral of the story: They say that dope isn't harmful?  Bull****.  The guys into it are not right in the head.  Even from my own perspective, I have trouble putting a sentence together without sounding like Ozzy Osbourne sometimes, and I used to be the most articulate person.  It DOES do damage.  I think it takes years to notice the change, but it is there.  Smarten up when you're young and leave it be. (and jeez, oregano only smells like pot when it's lit, it doesn't even look like it!!)
Back for nostalgia, based on nostalgia.

Floyd10

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2004, 10:23:37 am »
I got it in school. I couldnt have checked it

whammoed

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:18:26 pm
  • Crack don't smoke itself
    • NiceMite
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2004, 10:39:47 am »
« Last Edit: November 13, 2004, 10:41:14 am by whammoed »

dreamcastninja

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 27, 2013, 11:47:22 pm
  • galaga... is where it's at!
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2004, 10:47:21 am »
"I'd be more along the lines of thinking death penalty for possession, with same day executions."

That's terrible. Then the death penalty could be given for pratically anything. We don't live in some third world dictatorship. If people want to do drugs, thats fine. But they'll have to deal with the consequences. We all make our own choices in life, and we also suffer our own fates.

Zakk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2004, 11:13:48 am »
Well I know one more thing now Floyd (besides the fact that my whole morality story was completely lost on you), I know that smoking oregano affects your vision (based upon your huge meaningless sig pictures).

YES, YES, YOU ARE A MUSIC THIEF AND LIKE RED SQIGGLES WE GET IT!!

Floyd10

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2004, 12:30:47 pm »
Well I know one more thing now Floyd (besides the fact that my whole morality story was completely lost on you), I know that smoking oregano affects your vision (based upon your huge meaningless sig pictures).

YES, YES, YOU ARE A MUSIC THIEF AND LIKE RED SQIGGLES WE GET IT!!

I would very much apreciate it if you didnt attack me on a personal level.

shmokes

• Offline Offline
  • Don't tread on me.
    • Jake Moses
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2004, 01:20:06 pm »
My anti-drug stances are totally unrelated to my religous beliefs.  I held to my firm anti-drug stance even when I was in full on rebelling against god mode.

As for your idea about killing bible holders. That day will come, that day will come. It is in the bible. Anyway, true christianity isn't killing anyone at all. . That was the Catholic Church, which is a similar, but distinct religion. When you get down to actual beliefs and details catholicism is as far from protestant christian beliefs as muslim beliefs are.

You miss my point Paige.  I'm not saying that you have to be religious to be a fascist.  I'm saying that by your standards Christians should be shot on sight.  Or Catholics.  Whatever.  The fact that you make a distinction scares me.  Like you wouldn't have a problem with my hypothetical "kill the bible carriers" as long as it's "just the catholics" that we shoot.  

I find it comical that you seem to think that you have some moral high-ground over the Catholics because your guys didn't participate in the Crusades (which was people killing other people for not agreeing with them) while at the same time you are right here advocating that we simply shoot people.  You protestants don't sound so different to me....

Anyway, learn some history.  If I'm not mistaken, Protestants played a bit of a role in a war that was so long and awful historians weren't able to come up with a more fitting name then just calling it by it's duration:  The Thirty Years War.

Best Kid iPad Apps

DrewKaree

• - AHOTW - Pompous revolving door windbag *YOINKER*
  • Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2021, 05:31:18 pm
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2004, 02:36:33 pm »
I got it in school. I couldnt have checked it
Dude, the smell is different!  

This only serves to prove further damage to our bodies by doing drugs - loss of smell.

Paraphenalia means what?  Did they hit you for a lighter, or did you have papers or a steamroller too?  I didn't have to get busted, like you did.  I was hanging ---my bottom--- out of a second story window when my idiot friend, playing with his butterfly knife, lost control of it, hitting the window, breaking it, sending ---my bottom--- out of it, into the tree, then the bushes, then the ground below.  I figured out very quickly after that to stop - it was turning us into idiots.  I still have those brain farts I now attribute to old-timers disease, but I wonder if it's just residual effects.

At your age, it'd be only a matter of time before you started getting fantasies of growing your own and cutting out the middleman - and THAT project makes BYOAC look like a cheap hobby!

Oh, and I was a year older than you when most of this happened.  Did you start ~14?  
You’re always in control of your behavior. Sometimes you just control yourself
in ways that you later wish you hadn’t

paigeoliver

• Offline Offline
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2004, 02:44:11 pm »

You miss my point Paige.  I'm not saying that you have to be religious to be a fascist.  I'm saying that by your standards Christians should be shot on sight.  Or Catholics.  Whatever.  The fact that you make a distinction scares me.  Like you wouldn't have a problem with my hypothetical "kill the bible carriers" as long as it's "just the catholics" that we shoot.  

I find it comical that you seem to think that you have some moral high-ground over the Catholics because your guys didn't participate in the Crusades (which was people killing other people for not agreeing with them) while at the same time you are right here advocating that we simply shoot people.  You protestants don't sound so different to me....

Anyway, learn some history.  If I'm not mistaken, Protestants played a bit of a role in a war that was so long and awful historians weren't able to come up with a more fitting name then just calling it by it's duration:  The Thirty Years War.

I in no way think we should be killing anyone for religous reasons.

But drugs are a scourge on out society killing an incredible amount of people, and leaving even more people wasted and miserable. I have heard all the pro-drug arguements, but they are all meaningless because I have seen the results of long term drug use. I have first hand seen people spend their last $10 on pot instead of food for their children. I have seen a co-worker get his mobile home repossed because he was too far behind on the $150 monthly payments, all the while spending $350 a month on pot, booze, and smokes.

patrickl

• I cannot know for certain which will be tastiest
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2021, 09:25:30 am
  • Yo momma llama
    • PocketGalaga
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2004, 04:26:15 pm »
Are soft drugs illegal? MUHAHAHAHAHAHHAA :P
This signature is intentionally left blank

patrickl

• I cannot know for certain which will be tastiest
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2021, 09:25:30 am
  • Yo momma llama
    • PocketGalaga
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2004, 04:28:17 pm »
I have seen a co-worker get his mobile home repossed because he was too far behind on the $150 monthly payments, all the while spending $350 a month on pot, booze, and smokes.
I'll bet the pot was the least of his problems. When I was young I'd spent maybe 3 euro on pot and 50 euro on booze (well we had guilders in those days, but still)
This signature is intentionally left blank

Grasshopper

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 08, 2023, 07:20:31 am
  • life, don't talk to me about life
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2004, 04:29:45 pm »
Well I've known loads of people who have taken pot (and occasionally harder drugs as well) and not one of them has come to any harm.

I guess they might have been lucky. But whether or not marijuana is harmful is beside the point. If you genuinely believe in a free society then you have to accept that people must be given the choice to do things that will possibly harm themselves.

All decisions are about risk vs reward. Some people make a judgement that the pleasure they get from drugs justifies the risks.

In any case most of the harm that drugs do to society stems from the fact that they are illegal. There were many heroin addicts in victorian times but the effect on society was much lower then than today because addicts didn't have to turn to criminals to get their fix. And the lower price of heroin (because it was readily available) meant that they didn't have to turn to crime themselves in order to pay for the stuff. Haven't we learnt anything from the prohibition era?

With regards to all the comments about marijuana ruining people's lives, I'm reminded of a quote from Jackie Brown (a very underrated film IMHO).

Ordell notices the bong in her hand and the smoke in the air.

ORDELL "Goddam, girl. You gettin' high already. It's only two o'clock".

Melanie smiles.

MELANIE "It's that late?"

Louis sits on the couch. He smiles at the comeback.

ORDELL "Ha-ha-ha. I'm serious, you smoke too much of that $hit. That $hit robs you of your ambition."

MELANIE "Not if your ambition is to get high and watch T.V."
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel." - Samuel Johnson

Snarbald

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 27, 2006, 10:38:25 pm
  • I hate pants!
    • snarbald.com
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2004, 04:30:23 pm »
My uncle started out as a pot head and then proceeded to suppliment it with alcohol and heroin. He's off it now, but he fried his brain and looks like he's about two hundred years old now. Now he needs a liver transplant and to be honest I don't think he deserves to get  priority over children on the donor list just because he'll die sooner without it.

Zakk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2004, 05:44:28 pm »
I would very much apreciate it if you didnt attack me on a personal level.

Actually, it was on a sig level, and the new one, while still meaningless, is much smaller.  Good job.

shmokes

• Offline Offline
  • Don't tread on me.
    • Jake Moses
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2004, 06:42:26 pm »
I in no way think we should be killing anyone for religous reasons.

But drugs are a scourge on out society killing an incredible amount of people, and leaving even more people wasted and miserable. I have heard all the pro-drug arguements, but they are all meaningless because I have seen the results of long term drug use. I have first hand seen people spend their last $10 on pot instead of food for their children. I have seen a co-worker get his mobile home repossed because he was too far behind on the $150 monthly payments, all the while spending $350 a month on pot, booze, and smokes.

Ugghh....this is hard.

Paige, I know that YOU don't think we should be killing for religious reasons.  You want to kill muslims, christians, jews, budhists, hindus and jedi knights alike.  You think we should strip away that nuisance we call due process and kill for societal evils, such as drug use, not religion.  

What I am trying to illustrate to you by pointing to all the harm that religion has done to society, including christianity -- including protestantism, is that religion IS a societal evil.  It historically has been and continues to be.  Certainly you believe that the religion that you belong to deserves exemption from that mass generalization.  But I'm sure you'd agree that islamic fundamentalism continues to fall into this category.  

My point is that your "solution" to the problem could be applied to anything, depending on who gets to define what the "scourges of society" are.  You believe that drugs are the preeminate scourge, so you'll simply shoot all the drug users.  I, however, believe that religion has and continues to do FAR more harm than drug users, so when my people hold a majority, we'll outlaw religion and shoot on sight anyone observed to be associating themselves with it.

This is great.  Now....why exactly are we stopping with drug use?  I mean, obviously Paige is onto something here.  10 days to a complete elimination of illegal drug use.  NOW THAT'S SOMETHING!  Who knew it could be so easy.  A drug-free society sounds pretty good to me.  But you know what also sound good to me?  A society free of shoplifting.  And free of tax evasion.  And free of stinky people.  And free of people who don't use their turn signals.  And those irritating bums always begging for money.  And people who exceed the speed limit, endangering the lives of others.  And litter-bugs.  And people who play their music too loud.  And people who have possess illegal roms.

Who knew that all we need to do to acheive a completely crime-free utopia is arm police officers to the teeth, "adjust" their discretion, and then just eliminate the rest of our judicial system altogether.    A near-perfect society in 10 days.  

It's called fascism Paige, and as retarded as it is, it's not so retarded that it doesn't have any intuitive appeal.  Whole countries have used it many times throughout history.  It has always been used for the same reason that it appeals to you.  It seems to make no sense to have anything less than a zero-tolerance policy once you have identified something that is bad for society.  Because anything less only encourages the bad behavior, right?

Best Kid iPad Apps

danny_galaga

• Offline Offline
    • dans cocktail lounge
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2004, 08:08:36 pm »
 I still have those brain farts I now attribute to old-timers disease, but I wonder if it's just residual effects.

in your case, that's just you  ;D

danny_galaga

• Offline Offline
    • dans cocktail lounge
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2004, 08:22:34 pm »
Are soft drugs illegal? MUHAHAHAHAHAHHAA :P

ah, but remember, this is a country that tried to ban alcohol...

missioncontrol

• MC-Retro says Wot!
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 23, 2021, 12:53:30 pm
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2004, 08:25:23 pm »
If people want to do drugs, thats fine. But they'll have to deal with the consequences. We all make our own choices in life, and we also suffer our own fates.

The problem is when the addiction really takes over and they cannot support their own habbit they turn to stealing things from others just to go get their fix. Then it starts effecting the innocent person that is working hard to get things he wants to only have them taken away from some worthless crack addict.......

Mr. Dude

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 03, 2019, 05:12:50 am
  • Hi...
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2004, 08:43:06 pm »
Its just the whole, ppl do it for 25 years and never get caught, I do it a few, and I do. Im just kinda pissed

Maybe you should consider yourself lucky... now maybe you won't be like the ones doing it for 25 years.

DaveMMR

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2024, 11:49:01 am
    • TeeVee Games
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2004, 04:29:57 pm »

Yeah Floyd, so I skipped over reading the other posts to give my thoughts.  Sorry if I'm echoing:

I ultimately believe that no one's going to sway your decision either way.  Nancy Reagan could come to your house with a sawed-off shotgun aimed at your temple, but ultimately it's going to be your choice.  Whatever it is, just keep it at home.  There's nothing 'trippy' about school, believe me.  

Marijuana is one of the tamer illegal drugs you can do.  That's not an endorsement, just stating a fact.  However, it is still against the law and when you take it outside your house (like school) you jeopardize a lot more than your body.  You jeopardize your enrollment and your freedom.  Dying is not the risk here - it's going to jail.

By the way, being a pothead is not something others look up to.  It's not like wrestling an alligator, taking a celebrity to the prom, or building an arcade cabinet.  Anyone could do it and people (those whose opinions matter most) see you as a burnout.  The only friends you'll have left are the shiftless, lazy types that do nothing but eat all the food in your pantry and borrow money from you every other day.  

I'm not going to lie, I've smoked pot many a time.  But the more I've done it the stupider I felt.  I go from a fairly 'on the ball' guy to a drooling moron in five minutes.  It's not pretty.  Besides, having my girlfriend not be ashamed of me is much more important than giggling at the wacky public access shows.  I know you're a musician and you support file sharing, but I only bring that up because I wanted to lecture you on drug use and pay tribute to your former, large signature in one fell swoop.  

BTW: Now that you have Or-eh-gah-no(?), how's about ordering a pizza?

« Last Edit: November 14, 2004, 04:36:03 pm by DaveMMR »

Crazy Cooter

• Senator Cooter was heard today telling the entire congressional body to STFU...
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2024, 03:40:45 pm
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2004, 11:10:12 pm »
On the lighter side, did they give you the spice back?  If so, was it still in a baggie?  It would be funny to go to the claims window and they hand you a bag of it.

allroy1975

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 11, 2023, 08:51:48 pm
  • I'm a dork!
    • Matt's Mame
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2004, 12:24:32 am »
It's modern day prohibition.

If the government would sell drugs at drug stores (the *tamer* ones...i'm not talking about sniffing battery acid up your nose crystal meth), wouldn't that save a LOT of money and lives by having less *crime* on the street?  In other words, you wouldn't have to buy it from some kid at school.  You could get it at Walgreens.  Have it be good stuff.  

I'm very into this whole new American thing where people aren't responsible for themselves.  If you wanna piss your life away on drugs, just stay in a room.  it is YOUR life.  PaigeOliver (who lives in a town where the catholic church said to vote for W or you're going to hell..but then W bombing the crap out of the guys with the nukes....err..never mind that train of thought....back over here --->) if I remember correctly attends church (of some sort...christian I think) but seems to think that people who don't beleive the same thing as him don't deserve free will.  the hypocracy is amazing.  To me anyway....

but i'm just a big fat dumb american.  

BTW, I've never smoked anything, snorted anything shot up anything or ...whatever other ways you put that crap in your system.  I don't do it, but if others want to, what right is it of mine to take that away from them?

Allroy
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 12:26:00 am by allroy1975 »
They have the FAST Ms. Pac-Man!  MOM!  Can I have a quarter!??

DrewKaree

• - AHOTW - Pompous revolving door windbag *YOINKER*
  • Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2021, 05:31:18 pm
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2004, 12:34:30 am »
since Floyd seems to have lost the will to respond, I will pay homage to him by posting some random nonsense (HOLY CRAP, IT'S ALL STARTING TO COME TOGETHER! The pot, the nonsense posts, the inane laughter at all things semi and full on funny  :o ;) ;D )

Miranda has a lovely pair of coconuts.

I swallowed my Wookie.

Wax makes a substandard prophylactic.

.........aaaaaaaannnnnnnnndddddd scene *bows and exits stage left*
You’re always in control of your behavior. Sometimes you just control yourself
in ways that you later wish you hadn’t