Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Star Wars YOKE- Buy should I or Ebay original hunt down do I?  (Read 16249 times)

bobbyb13

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:50:49 pm
  • I'm TRYing to build arcade controls!
Re: Star Wars YOKE- Buy should I or Ebay original hunt down do I?
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2021, 01:07:31 pm »
No surprise that there have been more original ones (and for more reasonable prices) on fleabay lately too.

I can say from personal experience that the Alan-1 version is outstanding an feels like it will last longer than me.
Why'd you kick me?
Where's your brain?

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:15:47 pm
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2021, 02:05:55 pm »
No surprise that there have been more original ones (and for more reasonable prices) on fleabay lately too.

I can say from personal experience that the Alan-1 version is outstanding an feels like it will last longer than me.

Yeah... that's definitely a result of more options being available. All the new options are due to the influx of new folks into the retro gaming scene.

midd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:11:36 pm
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2021, 02:36:31 pm »
Thanks for the info.   I figured with the price, the Alan-1 would be the better option.  But as I said, cost won out for my decision.  I'm not a hard core player of Star Wars, yet.  I do play Return of the Jedi and I thought owning one would be pretty cool. 

I placed an order for the GRS this morning.  I have been torn between the two of them but cost won out I guess. It would be nice to see a video of a comparison between GRS and Alan-1.

Did you see this?
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,160736.msg1731553.html#msg1731553

coasterlvr has all 3 and provided a pretty nice write up. What I got from his comparison is that (1) the dude must really like yoke controllers but mainly (2) the GRS yoke is ok, if you replace a couple of the buttons and the return to center spring was a little different and took some getting used to, but it was decent, especially considering cost. He ultimately gave a nod to the Alan-1 based purely on fit and finish.

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2021, 03:19:42 pm »
I recently went through and updated my gamelist on my modded Star Wars mame machine.  I liked Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back and Paperboy. I added a few more and I'm happy with the following games on it:

Outrun
Outrunners
Point Blank
Point Blank 2
Steel Gunner
Revolution X
Operation Wolf
Rad Rally

Just no good way to add Roadblasters though.

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2021, 12:25:40 pm
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2021, 08:50:33 pm »
I recently went through and updated my gamelist on my modded Star Wars mame machine.  I liked Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back and Paperboy. I added a few more and I'm happy with the following games on it:

Outrun
Outrunners
Point Blank
Point Blank 2
Steel Gunner
Revolution X
Operation Wolf
Rad Rally

Just no good way to add Roadblasters though.

Today I finally got my Alan-1 mounted on a test panel.  I'm going to start working through your list along with LeChuck's.  So far I have it working with Star Wars and it is very impressive.   My wife really likes Paperboy but I don't have it on my mame cabinet since it is not really playable.  Looking forward to trying that one as well.

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2021, 06:49:01 pm »
You'll really like paperboy. It plays perfect, as a matter of fact, I finally beat Easy Street like 2 weeks ago!

wp34

• Offline Offline
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2021, 07:12:11 pm »
You'll really like paperboy. It plays perfect, as a matter of fact, I finally beat Easy Street like 2 weeks ago!

Sweet!   :cheers:

wp34

• Offline Offline
« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2021, 07:49:25 pm »

I just tried it and you ain't kidding.  It plays perfectly.  This is going to be a great one to have on the cabinet.