Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: UltraStik 360 sensitivity  (Read 275 times)

Quattro

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 25, 2019, 09:32:07 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
UltraStik 360 sensitivity
« on: April 16, 2019, 10:50:35 am »
I'll preface this by saying I did not play many fighting games on arcade cabinets. When I use these U360s for fighting games in particular, it feels like I have to be perfectly accurate with which direction I want to move them in order for the input to register. For example, if I want to sprint right, I try double tapping the right direction but I end up jumping because one of my right-taps was just slightly above dead center to the right. Is this normal for sticks? Or is there some way to alleviate this? Another culprit is Metal Slug. Trying to aim the exact direction I want can be challenging because it feels like I need to press the stick in the exact degree it needs to be, or it just won't register the input.

J_K_M_A_N

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:18:44 pm
Re: UltraStik 360 sensitivity
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 11:33:46 am »
In what mode are you using it? Analog? I have a U360 and I have not messed with it much but I know it has a few modes which can make a difference.

J_K_M_A_N

Quattro

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 25, 2019, 09:32:07 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 12:22:52 pm »
In what mode are you using it? Analog? I have a U360 and I have not messed with it much but I know it has a few modes which can make a difference.

J_K_M_A_N

I use LEDBlinky which contains a list of profiles thatís read before loading each game. However when I load up games that use different stick layouts (Pac-Man & Street-Fighter) and I alt-tab to the UltraStick software, I notice the profile doesn't actually change. It stays at 8-way diagonal (easy). I'm not sure if it's still switching and just not being reflected in the software. Pac-Man feels good, but games with more precise movement like SF and Metal Slug just donít feel good.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 12:52:19 pm by Quattro »

meltman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:46:12 pm
  • Brilliant!
    • My arcade gallery
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 09:05:39 am »
I'm fairly certain you'd need to close and re-open the ultrastik software to see the change.

For my purposes I've found the stock 4/8 way setting works well for me. I changed one block in the bottom section just below center to also be "center". I found on my sticks at least if I went up then let go completely I'd get a down signal on the stick bounce. This seems to have largely eliminated that.

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:46:33 pm
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 05:48:09 pm »
It's a crapshoot. In some physical cases the stock maps work, in some they don't. Lube the shaft and make your map.