Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: SINGLE HYPERSPIN WHEEL  (Read 221 times)

ginkgoblue

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2019, 03:01:30 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
SINGLE HYPERSPIN WHEEL
« on: April 02, 2019, 12:31:00 pm »
I don't see a specific Hyperspin forum here so....

Short question.  I have about 100 mame games on a single wheel of my hyperspin cabinet.  I don't want to emulate consoles on the cabinet.  But i had an interest of adding NBA2K Playground 2 (PC version) to the cabinet for my sons and their friends to play. 

Is there an easy way to add one PC game to my single wheel? I'd like it to just sit on the wheel below NBA JAM and launch from there....Possible?
Build in progress

processedmeat

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 20, 2019, 12:28:28 pm
  • Ikeakade Here I come!
Re: SINGLE HYPERSPIN WHEEL
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 02:56:31 pm »
I don't see a specific Hyperspin forum here so....

Short question.  I have about 100 mame games on a single wheel of my hyperspin cabinet.  I don't want to emulate consoles on the cabinet.  But i had an interest of adding NBA2K Playground 2 (PC version) to the cabinet for my sons and their friends to play. 

Is there an easy way to add one PC game to my single wheel? I'd like it to just sit on the wheel below NBA JAM and launch from there....Possible?

Yes, you use Don's HyperSpin List Merger to merge your mame and other game list together.  Make sure its working in its own wheel first to save you lots of headaches later.

It will look something like this:
Code: [Select]
  <game name="ace" index="true" image="s">
    <description>Space Ace</description>
    <cloneof />
    <crc />
    <manufacturer>Cinematronics</manufacturer>
    <year>1984</year>
    <genre>Adventure</genre>
    <rating>AAMA - Green (Suitable For All Ages)</rating>
    <enabled>Yes</enabled>
    <exe>Daphne</exe>
  </game>
  <game name="aliensyn" index="" image="">
    <description>Alien Syndrome (set 4, System 16B, unprotected)</description>
    <cloneof />
    <crc />
    <manufacturer>Sega</manufacturer>
    <year>1987</year>
    <genre>Maze / Shooter Large</genre>
    <rating>AAMA - Green (Suitable For All Ages)</rating>
    <enabled>Yes</enabled>
    <exe>mame</exe>
  </game>

tscottn

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 04, 2019, 12:29:38 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: SINGLE HYPERSPIN WHEEL
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 12:03:49 am »
the way I accomplish multiple emulators on one wheel is to add the game to my mame.xml file.  if your only talking about just one or a few games its really easy to manually add it to the file without using any type of list merging software.  just copy one of the entries and change the game name etc to reflect your pc game. once you get this setup then use alternate emulator setting in rocket launcher for that game..  im assuming you are using RL in addition to hyperspin..