Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: AtGames Officially Unveils Legends Ultimate Home Arcade (full-size machine)  (Read 962 times)

negative1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
from the atariage site:
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/284076-atgames-officially-unveils-legends-ultimate-home-arcade-full-size-machine/

feel free to ask questions there.

press release here:
https://armchairarcade.com/perspectives/2018/10/17/atgames-and-the-tetris-company-announce-iconic-puzzle-game-tetris-featured-in-legends-flashback-console-and-upcoming-legends-ultimate-home-arcade/

Value-Priced High Definition Console and Upcoming Home Arcade Machine Will Feature Legendary Video Games, Including Tetris®

Los Angeles – October 17, 2018 - AtGames® Digital Media Inc., a leader in interactive entertainment products, and The Tetris Company, LLC, purveyors of one of the leading and most distinctive video game brands and franchises in the world, today announced that they have expanded their agreement to include the iconic puzzle game Tetris® as one of the featured games in the new, full-size Legends Ultimate Home Arcade machine, which comes with an unprecedented 400 built-in games. This product will join the Legends Flashback console, which is available at major retailers everywhere, and features 50 built-in games, including Tetris.

“These new products offer families and gamers everywhere a selection of the best classic games from the top publishers and brands,” says Dr. Ping-Kang Hsiung, CEO of AtGames. “We’re thrilled that The Tetris Company and their iconic game, Tetris, are a key part of these exciting products.”

The Legends Ultimate Home Arcade features 400 built-in arcade and home games, including Tetris and other legends from iconic publishers. As a full-sized home arcade machine, the Legends Ultimate Home Arcade offers a gameplay experience like no other. Each game plays just like at the arcade thanks to an authentic control panel that features a matching set of premium joysticks and six buttons for two player fun, as well as a professional trackball controller. The built-in, low latency, high definition 21.5” LCD monitor features HDMI inputs so you can display content from other consoles and media players on the same great machine. The built-in software is similarly impressive, with scan line filtering, an intuitive menu system, save and resume game functionality, and the ability to rewind a game in progress to recover from a play misstep.

The Legends Flashback console features Tetris as one of 50 built-in arcade and home games, which have become legendary thanks to their timeless fun and endless replay value. Other games include such hits as Galaga, 1942, BurgerTime, Dig Dug, Ghouls ‘n Ghosts, Mega Man, Street Fighter II: Champion Edition, and so much more! Other impressive features of the Legends Flashback include high definition 720p video output with scan line filtering, an intuitive menu system, save and resume game functionality, and the ability to rewind a game in progress to recover from a play misstep. Two ergonomic six button gamepads are included for one or two player action.

“We’re excited to have the iconic game of Tetris included in the incredible classic games lineups showcased in the Legends Flashback console and upcoming Legends Ultimate Home Arcade,” says Maya Rogers, President and CEO of Blue Planet Software, Inc., sole agent for the Tetris brand.

“We think the intense, addictive gameplay that Tetris is known for by fans worldwide will be a great fit for these premium console and home arcade offerings.”

=======================

later
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 03:19:51 am by negative1 »

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
    • Bella's Arcade
Interesting.  I hope it's Atari's Tetris (atetris) because everything else I've tried isn't as good.  It was only a matter of time until someone saw the Arcade 1UP offerings and though they could make something better.  I assume the 21.5" monitor will be 16:9 but if it is actually 4:3 I'll buy one just for that.

negative1

• Offline Offline
update:
--------
The Legends Ultimate Home Arcade features 400 built-in arcade and home games, including Tetris and other legends from iconic publishers. As a full-sized home arcade machine, the Legends Ultimate Home Arcade offers a gameplay experience like no other. Each game plays just like at the arcade thanks to an authentic control panel that features a matching set of premium joysticks and six buttons for two player fun, as well as a professional trackball controller. The built-in, low latency, high definition 21.5” LCD monitor features HDMI inputs so you can display content from other consoles and media players on the same great machine. The built-in software is similarly impressive, with scan line filtering, an intuitive menu system, save and resume game functionality, and the ability to rewind a game in progress to recover from a play misstep.

The philosophy behind this product is simple. While AtGames has traditionally worked within the restrictions of low-cost video game hardware and software, we saw an opportunity to work in a more premium space, where there would be far fewer restrictions. So that means arcade-quality parts and underlying hardware (and software) that's far more powerful than anything previously possible. So while we're still stressing Affordable Family Fun, we're now doing it with a different class of product with an entirely different set of (higher) expectations. Although the price will be low, the experience is going to be premium, including post-purchase.

While I can't answer that much until the additional reveals take place (like amazing publishing partners, games, how this will be sold, etc.) - which I'll make sure are reflected here - I'll try to anticipate a few of the questions to start.

Q - Is this DIY friendly?

A - Yes. Although this will use arcade-style parts, you should have little trouble swapping in joystick styles and button types of your own preference.

Q - What kind of games are on here?

A - There is a massive selection of real arcade games, obviously, but also a generous selection of home games from top consoles.

Q - Is this just a plug and play console stuck inside a full-size arcade cabinet?

A - No! This is much higher-end hardware than is possible in any plug and play, and supports higher-performance/higher demand games. You'll also notice significant user interface, emulation, and other differences.

later

Nephasth

• Offline Offline
  • Bitches love Centipede
Another non-DIY piece of crap winds up on a DIY forum. :applaud:
%Bartop

Osirus23

• Offline Offline

When I joined this site it was full of people taking an old throw-away CRT and desktop, getting a load of MDF from Home Depot, and turning it into something that rivaled or surpassed genuine commercial arcade cabinets.

Now it's about buying cheap, flimsy, mass-produced consumer gimmicks and talking about how they're serviceable if you just perform X, Y, and Z mods.

negative1

• Offline Offline

When I joined this site it was full of people taking an old throw-away CRT and desktop, getting a load of MDF from Home Depot, and turning it into something that rivaled or surpassed genuine commercial arcade cabinets.

Now it's about buying cheap, flimsy, mass-produced consumer gimmicks and talking about how they're serviceable if you just perform X, Y, and Z mods.

this one is using arcade quality parts, if you read the post,

and replacing it with other arcade quality parts, if you prefer bat tops to ball sticks, sanwa buttons, etc.

it should be perfectly playable as is, but everyone has different preferences.

later

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html

You know it’s funny, when I first started in this hobby in 2010, I was going to buy a Tank Stick and go that route, but it was this very site that persuaded me that I could do everything on my own. I was inspired by peoples projects and the custom things they created. It gave me the confidence to wire up my own control panel, and now I can do things with wood, paint, and electronics that I could only have dreamed about 8 years ago.

I get where you’re coming from.

***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Things like this dont interest me.
I would sooner go out and buy an original cabinet and do it up.

And the fact its from AT games whos reputation imo is utter ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- well yeah no interest at all.

I will stick with my home built mame machine and my A51 cab project.

On a Side note (and nothing to do with cabinets per se) I do have something very special I will be sharing with you guys in the next few weeks hopefully.
I cant say to much atm but it will be a review of sorts of something I am pretty excited about and some of you guys hopefully will be to!!
I will be bringing it here first though so watch out for it ;)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
I've been here far longer than most and I can tell you that a lot of the diy attitude back then came from the simple fact that you had no other choice.  The earlier version of this site pre-dated (affordable) keyboard encoders... if you wanted to make a control panel you HAD to hack something.  Pretty early on Andy started selling encoders and the jpac and many of the old guard was against this commercialized short-cut.  Now we can all agree that is a bit silly.  I for one am glad that people now have options as it means more people get to enjoy old games.  I like to do it myself... hell I even write a lot of the software end of things as well, but someone that can't screw two pieces of wood together should be allowed to play as well. 

My point is people byoac for different reasons.... for some it's the process and for others it's the end product and that's ok. 

That being said, this is atGames.  They couldn't even do a $20 hdmi stick right so I don't have any faith in this particular product. 

JudgeRob

• Offline Offline
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,149265.120.html
I don't know man.  Injecting profit and money into a hobby tends to incentivize  those making the money to squeeze out and silence those who promote doing it for free (a hobby).  Pulling interest into the hobby might be good, but pulling in straight up consumers is not all that great for products that were on the verge of being in the public domain.

luizw81

• Offline Offline
  • I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.
I don't know man.  Injecting profit and money into a hobby tends to incentivize  those making the money to squeeze out and silence those who promote doing it for free (a hobby).  Pulling interest into the hobby might be good, but pulling in straight up consumers is not all that great for products that were on the verge of being in the public domain.
+1 to this.  You can look no further than than the the rise of retro consoles and what that's done to rom sites.  I equate it to a toddler who notices a cousin playing with one of their old toys they haven't touched in years..."Oh you want that?  Give It! It's mine!"

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using Tapatalk

Haze

• Offline Offline
    • MAME Development Blog
I've be weary about this product given that AT Games are pulling a bait+switch scam with the recent collection they did that's sold in stores.

(They sent reviewers copies with arcade ROMs on to get good reviews, then sold a terrible NES based thing in stores instead.  Products are completely identical from an external point of view, this isn't even subtle, nor do they care about the negative feedback from the scam)

Basically buy AT Games products at your peril
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMU5MLoTFxo

There are some claiming the Arcade stuff was pulled because it was MAME and they didn't have the proper license, but I've no evidence of that (technically it isn't a problem either, as long as they used 0.172 or above and provide full sources.  All versions before that as well as other projects based on such versions like Final Burn Alpha / FBA and Mame4all / Mame4droid are strictly NO COMMERCIAL USE however)

« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 03:44:27 pm by Haze »

nitrogen_widget

• Offline Offline
Could it have one of those 400 in 1 Pandora's box's in it?

nipsmg

• Offline Offline
  • ROONEY!! ERRGH!!
    • Arcadia
I've been here far longer than most and I can tell you that a lot of the diy attitude back then came from the simple fact that you had no other choice.  The earlier version of this site pre-dated (affordable) keyboard encoders... if you wanted to make a control panel you HAD to hack something.  Pretty early on Andy started selling encoders and the jpac and many of the old guard was against this commercialized short-cut.  Now we can all agree that is a bit silly.  I for one am glad that people now have options as it means more people get to enjoy old games.  I like to do it myself... hell I even write a lot of the software end of things as well, but someone that can't screw two pieces of wood together should be allowed to play as well. 

My point is people byoac for different reasons.... for some it's the process and for others it's the end product and that's ok. 

That being said, this is atGames.  They couldn't even do a $20 hdmi stick right so I don't have any faith in this particular product.

I agree.  I remember buying a Hagstrom KE-24 early on for a keyboard encoder for some decent $$$, the only other option was people wiring into keyboard matrices, and having ghosting issues..

I have built and torn down 3 arcade machines.. This time around I'm planning on getting an empty cab and modding it.  I would love to build it from scratch, but know I don't realistically have the time.  Hell, I bought my SkeeBall machine a year ago and while I spent a little time on the software, I have barely done anything to it.

Sometimes convenience trumps DIY.  I agree on a DIY forum it should be primarily about DIY, but it doesn't mean people can't discuss/get excited about commercially available options.

Haze

• Offline Offline
    • MAME Development Blog
Could it have one of those 400 in 1 Pandora's box's in it?

Given that they're just completely unlicensed MAME (somebody has claimed 0.153) / FBA bootlegs running on a terrible ARM based SoC, that would be a new low even for AT Games (although based on current happenings, possibly)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31