Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: B.A.R.T. (2 player Bartop for the kids) - painting the Ond way...  (Read 2154 times)

rave0035

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Disassemble First, Ask Questions Later...
Re: B.A.R.T. (2 player Bartop for the kids) - painting the Ond way...
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2018, 12:44:52 pm »
Does it make sense to shoot a coat of primer on that CP prior to assembly?
You can't truly know how something works until you've ruined it by taking it apart.

Jimbo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • Wood Finishes Direct
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2018, 01:29:21 pm »
Metal CP FTW! Looks nice! :cheers:

Yep - thanks :)  Always a metal CP from now on, if I have the option!

Does it make sense to shoot a coat of primer on that CP prior to assembly?

Yes definitely, primed and artwork, then controls.  I'll be mounting it into brass inserts tapped into the plywood mounting blocks, with hex bolts securing them in the 4 corners.  This means I should be able to take the CP off easily for any maintenance.

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2018, 03:57:05 pm »
leapinlew... I think I get what you mean... but would that make it difficult to get the monitor out if you wanted to replace it?  I'm using an old Dell 2nd hand monitor... might go kaput after a while and I want to be able to easily replace it if needed.

I used L-brackets or another piece of wood secured at a 90 degree angle to secure it to the side panels. Replacing the monitor meant creating another monitor mount with the new monitor. It's really not a big deal.

Jimbo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • Wood Finishes Direct
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2018, 05:06:33 am »
leapinlew... I think I get what you mean... but would that make it difficult to get the monitor out if you wanted to replace it?  I'm using an old Dell 2nd hand monitor... might go kaput after a while and I want to be able to easily replace it if needed.

I used L-brackets or another piece of wood secured at a 90 degree angle to secure it to the side panels. Replacing the monitor meant creating another monitor mount with the new monitor. It's really not a big deal.

Ah ok I get you. I'll be removing the monitor base soon so I'll see what mounting options there are.  :cheers:

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31