Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: arcadesmarket seller on eBay. "arcadesmarket" https://www.arcademarket.com/  (Read 14491 times)

mrclean

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 10, 2022, 08:30:36 am
  • World Record Holder for Gun Smoke Dedicated & MAME
    • Guscade

arcadesmarket on eBay REVIEW BAD STAY AWAY / SELLING JUNK. Their website: https://www.arcademarket.com/

I was requested to work on a game from a mutual client of ours. They dropped off a game which they purchased from  arcadesmarket on eBay. It was a Joust machine. This thing was listed at $1280 on eBay which I thought to myself wow that's actually pretty decent pricing considering retail & eBay has fees etc. Well it was too good to be true. Just to point out a few issues / concerns I have for the products that they are selling misrepresentation & overall POOR QUALITY.

To start out they list it as:
"JOUST ARCADE VIDEO GAME MACHINE BY WILLIAMS,COMES WITH A LOTS OF NEW PARTS-SHARP"
(They really need to re-title this to Comes with a lots of SHODDY PARTS- NOT SHARP)

we have installed a 19" LCD monitor

Yeah they specifically don't tell you it's not an arcade monitor & looks TERRIBLE. It's a DELL computer monitor (I took this image of inside the cabinet showing the model#):

The game loads directly to Joust, while using a 19-1 Multiboard. Again they make it seem as if it's a dedicated Joust / original machine which it certainly isn't.

The ARTWORK as a whole is printed on poor quality material. ALL of the ART looks terrible when lit the adhesive backed marquee looks grainy. The adhesive / sticker on the FRONT of the Bezel looks atrocious. The Side art is cut about 3/4 -1'' around the entire cabinet leaving a black edge so the side art doesn't completely cover the cabinet. Below is a picture I took of the poorly hand cut bezel art (which any one can literally peel right off:

These are the JUNK joysticks that are being used on this game:

They cut corners, & bolted the "fabricated" control panel which isn't even a Joust control panel wrong shape entirely. No hinges / no clamps or retainers, you can't easily work on or remove the control panel.

The marquee is badly / low lit by two really cheesy bulbs which doesn't distribute the light as well as say an 18'' florescent cabinet light would. 

The top speaker cut out seems cheesy, I forgot to take a photo of it, but they don't have metal grills going over the speakers, they seem to cut corners and save every possible penny they can.

The guy who runs the place his name is "Jose". I called Jose because my customer wanted to add additional games to the unit by digitally "tuning on" the games within the software of the 19-1. Jose said we sold this game to him as a Joust it can't be done. After arguing with the guy explaining that I'm familiar with the multi-boards and that it's not a dedicated Joust, he finally folded & had his technician come on the phone. I'm familiar with the boards as I've worked on them before just wanted to hear what he had to say which spoke volumes.... I believe they are located in Saint Louis, Missouri. I urge you to stay away from this utter garbage. I suppose it goes back to that saying you pay for what you get, in this instance I just wanted to point out to many people what you are buying.

2,370,650 Gun.Smoke

smass

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 09, 2024, 07:46:54 pm
  • Cheapskate Arcade
Shame.  These type machines are all over CL as well.  Most are at least advertised as 60 in 1 boards.  Its unfortunate but most casual buyers have no idea what to look for and even crappy builds like this one can be made to look good in photos.    :angry:

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:47:56 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
They got a working arcade game delivered for $1,280?  What’s the outrage here exactly?

No such thing as an “arcade lcd” btw.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
I thought they had some native 15Hz LCDs?
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:02:22 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
They got a working arcade game delivered for $1,280?  What’s the outrage here exactly?

You wrong, Jimbo...

19" Vision Pro Arcade Game LCD Monitor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K6RE6H0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_6HCPAbYZRX2R0
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Meh, $5 says that’s a rebadged pc lcd.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
They do CGA natively

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
No LCD does CGA natively.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
Let me rephrase that- you can hook up a JAMMA connector without using a Gonbes card

vettetek

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 13, 2018, 03:50:48 pm
So....Looks like your game is still listed on their site: https://www.arcademarket.com/collections/classic-arcades/products/joust-arcade-game-with-lots-of-new-parts-sharp
NOT defending them by any means, they should have been more honest in the description. However, you can clearly see in the pic, the bezel over smoked glass/lexan, The sanwa joysticks, and the cab is cut differently than a original Joust cabinet. Some work was put into this - some new materials and decals,  but it should have been listed as a JOUST REPRODUCTION and listed all the new parts used to build it. If it coins up and plays and looks nice - its not too bad. You can remove the gates on the sticks , wire up the remaining switches, and enable all the games and have a decent multi machine.
Id also get one of these: https://paradisearcadeshop.com/scan-line-generators/1253-mini-slg.html to make it look a bit more realistic- as it probably looks bad on an lcd.

Again - Shame on the seller for not being forthright in his advertising, but you can see in the pics its not all it seems. I would have also asked for pics of the inside as well.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 03:50:48 pm by vettetek »

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
Jesus if this isnt a red flag : Email:  arcadesmarket@aol.com
Then I dont know what is.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
LOL AOL!

Now thats a blast from the past!!

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Based on that ad?  File a chargeback.

Nephasth

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 11:02:52 pm
  • Bitches love Centipede
Hey. I still use my AOL account.  :P
%Bartop

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Hey. I still use my AOL account.  :P

My hotmail accounts are old enough to vote now.   :'(

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2023, 01:19:48 pm
  • Plodding Through Life
Hotmail.com and Googlemail.com for the win :) Screw you, outlook.com and gmail.com. I'm never going to change, never Bwahahahaha.