Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: So I have this 500G hard drive with artwork...  (Read 14773 times)

pezley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2019, 04:13:09 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: So I have this 500G hard drive with artwork...
« Reply #200 on: May 13, 2019, 11:07:41 am »
Who has the Drive ? I can provide a file share on Onedrive big enough for this is anyone needs it hosted.

psychopat

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 11, 2019, 01:21:22 am
« Reply #201 on: May 13, 2019, 11:44:21 am »
not sure who has it, been waiting for it for like 6 months

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:08:45 pm
  • Buy a Multimeter
« Reply #202 on: May 13, 2019, 12:35:38 pm »
Yeah. Hurry up. The guy who contributes nothing needs his free artwork. Why should he have to wait for something that is free. You guys are jerks.

psychopat

• Offline Offline
« Reply #203 on: May 13, 2019, 12:40:51 pm »
How long does it take to dump the content of a drive and ship it to the next one? a day maybe.
Those drives were sent around as courtesy to help the community. When someone receives it, they should dump them and pass them along, not sit on them for 4 months, its just common sense.

I have a skid of NOS artwork that I am in the process of scanning everyday and around 50 cabinet to restore in my private collection.

You dont contribute much with your ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- comments

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:08:45 pm
  • Buy a Multimeter
« Reply #204 on: May 13, 2019, 12:46:56 pm »
You are not a part of the community. You are a leech. And an impatient leech at that.

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:30:11 am
« Reply #205 on: May 13, 2019, 01:19:23 pm »
Wow. 10 posts, and you’re preaching about community contributions?? GTFOH

This is exactly the reason why I mentioned this drive should be shared to the contributing members, not these  rando’s leeches.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 07, 2019, 05:07:28 pm
  • Be the change you want to see in the world.
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #206 on: May 13, 2019, 01:21:57 pm »
there's at least 4 copies of the drive floating around out there. I put the files on my NAS, and sent out 3 additional drives. If youre looking for a specific thing I can upload it somewhere.  The art on the drive is mostly raw scans, not ready to print edited source files.
If you are helping someone and expecting something in return, you are doing business not kindness.

psychopat

• Offline Offline
« Reply #207 on: May 13, 2019, 01:24:44 pm »
I'm on several forums, just not very active here. I am retired and work on my arcade games on a full time basis including scanning and restoring artwork.
I may not have posted a lot here, but yes I contribute a lot to the arcade community.

psychopat

• Offline Offline
« Reply #208 on: May 13, 2019, 01:27:12 pm »
there's at least 4 copies of the drive floating around out there. I put the files on my NAS, and sent out 3 additional drives. If youre looking for a specific thing I can upload it somewhere.  The art on the drive is mostly raw scans, not ready to print edited source files.

Yes, thats great thanks. I also gathered a fairly large database over the years. We already have been in touch multiple times on Pinside. Just sent you a message there, I am rarely on this forum.
Thanks

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:30:11 am
« Reply #209 on: May 13, 2019, 02:00:23 pm »
I'm on several forums, just not very active here. I am retired and work on my arcade games on a full time basis including scanning and restoring artwork.
I may not have posted a lot here, but yes I contribute a lot to the arcade community.
So now out of the 12 posts here, your 31 posts on KLOV... the two biggest active arcade forums... you've got a post contribution of 43.  You're not a member of shumps. You're not a member of Neo-geo, you're not a member of Arcade-projects.  I haven't even checked jamma+ yet, though I'm going to bet you're not a member there as well. 

One could say you're not active on any of the major arcade forums.  So what exactly have you contributed to the community? Because I don't know who the ---fudgesicle--- you are and never heard of your name on any of the major arcade forums, and I'm active on most of them.

Yes, thats great thanks. I also gathered a fairly large database over the years. We already have been in touch multiple times on Pinside. Just sent you a message there, I am rarely on this forum.
Thanks
So if you gathered a large database, why don't you share that to the community first, before demanding the free shizz and claiming you're an active contributing member of the arcade forum?

pezley

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2019, 04:13:09 pm
« Reply #210 on: May 14, 2019, 05:20:48 pm »
Someone was saying about paying for online storage in an earlier post. 

I have 5tb of forever storage on one drive, it's on a MSDN license account so not my personal one. I'm happy to share the account details with a moderator here who can pick and choose who has access via sharing to other Microsoft accounts.

Option is there if storage is a limiting factor

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 07, 2019, 05:07:28 pm
  • Be the change you want to see in the world.
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #211 on: May 16, 2019, 08:02:06 pm »
So the whole point that I agreed with sending the drive to seasoned members was to keep the chances of the drive making the rounds high.  I dont mind uploading the files to someone else because them not sending the files to someone else doesnt break the chain like someone not mailing out the drive does.  Pat's a good dude, he shared some art with me before on Pinside so Im currently FTPing all the files over to him. Im confident he'll share with others as well.

I think the next step might be to create a torrent and then we can all just seed the files for a while.
If you are helping someone and expecting something in return, you are doing business not kindness.

SNAAKE

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 13, 2019, 09:41:06 pm
  • my joystick is bigger than your joystick !
    • gamestation
« Reply #212 on: May 17, 2019, 02:34:07 am »
i have it now, will send it to the next guy asap

i do apologize for the delay i didnt get a chance to look at any of the content  :dizzy:

psychopat

• Offline Offline
« Reply #213 on: June 11, 2019, 12:36:03 am »
I was able to get the files from Malenko, thanks!

After comparing it with my some of my other artwork banks that I collected or purchased over the years.
The content of the drive is EXACTLY the same as what's on the CoinOpArt website (http://www.coinopart.com/)

I purchased a hard drive with the entire CoinOpArt website content (directly from them) a year or 2 ago. After doing a full file compare, the only differences are dummy files "Thumbs.db" from my CoinOpArt bank. All files are matching 100%, ran a checksum too.

There is still a lot of good stuff on it, but I just wanted to let everyone know in case someone already have a subscription to CoinOpArt.
Hope this help!

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:09:00 am
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #214 on: June 11, 2019, 01:14:01 am »
COUGHCOUGHRIPPEDOFFCOUGH

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 12, 2019, 01:25:06 am
« Reply #215 on: June 12, 2019, 01:25:06 am »
I think the next step might be to create a torrent and then we can all just seed the files for a while.

That's a great idea!

Sorry to have been away for a while, busy building a pool and landscaping etc. I gave up holding my breath for this, so haven't been back to this thread for a few months to check where things were at. I see it hasn't gone terribly far yet.

Malenko, if you could be so wonderful as to put this up on a torrent I'll be very happy and thankful, will start downloading/seeding immediately. Hopefully we'll get at least a few people willing to consistently keep seeding it, and all can enjoy.

Cheers, Z.
Check out my completed projects!

luizw81

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 16, 2019, 08:14:04 pm
  • I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.
« Reply #216 on: June 15, 2019, 11:11:15 pm »

That's a great idea!

Sorry to have been away for a while, busy building a pool and landscaping etc. I gave up holding my breath for this, so haven't been back to this thread for a few months to check where things were at. I see it hasn't gone terribly far yet.

Malenko, if you could be so wonderful as to put this up on a torrent I'll be very happy and thankful, will start downloading/seeding immediately. Hopefully we'll get at least a few people willing to consistently keep seeding it, and all can enjoy.

Cheers, Z.
I can see from my htpc.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk