Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Super Mario Strikers - Arcade Edition  (Read 27339 times)

8BitMonk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2023, 05:27:00 pm
Super Mario Strikers - Arcade Edition
« on: June 25, 2015, 01:37:47 am »
Super Mario Strikers - Arcade Edition

My first bartop build and first time using SketchUp. I'm a little hesitant to call it a bartop, it's quite a bit larger and heavier than I anticipated, more of a mini-cade than a bartop.  :D

I'm a huge soccer fan/player and Super Mario Strikers is one of my favorite games. I've wanted to build a 2-player bartop for awhile and thought it'd be cool to theme it with my take on what an arcade version of SMS might look like. My goal besides having it play SMS (in Dolphin) as perfectly as possible is to be able to play Mame games with HLSL enabled and newer arcade friendly Steam games.

** A couple of interesting facts about SMS, it was the only Mario GameCube game to support 16:9 and 480p and it was the last Mario game made for the GameCube.

Parts List
------------------------------------------------------------------
Lumber - One 4x8’ sheet of 3/4" and one 4x8' sheet of 1/2" black melamine coated MDF
Monitor - 23" Apple Cinema Display (decased)
Bezel - Glass (dark gray tint), black matte board
Marquee - Plexiglass, black upper/lower retainer, GGG Novamatrix
Misc. - 2" piano hinge, car door edge guard 3 outlet power strip, Rubber feet, Apexstone gas springs x2, tubular cam lock
Electronic - Momentary switch (red)marquee switch, AC outlet fused, Neutrik USB feedthroughs x2
Encoders - Kade MiniArcade x2
Joysticks - Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT (PAS Silent Mod) x2
Buttons - Seimitsu PS-15 30mm x4 (light gray), Sanwa OBSF-30 (Green, Red, Yellow, Purple x2, Black x4), Sanwa OBSF-24 (White x2)
Computer - Intel Core i3-4170, ASRock H97M-ITZX 1150, 8Gb ram, 430w PSU, 120Gb SSD GTX 750 Ti
Audio - Lepai LP-2020 Amp, Rockford Fosgate 4" Prime speakers
Control Panel - 16 gauge stainless steel
------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 10:05:22 am by 8BitMonk »
Games: Asteroids Deluxe | Atomiswave | Centipede | Championship Sprint | Defender | Donkey Kong | Dig Dug | Frogger | Ikari Warriors | Missile Command | Pac-Man | Pole Position | Robotron | Spy Hunter | Tempest | Super Mario Strikers

8BitMonk

• Offline Offline
Re: Super Mario Strikers - Arcade Edition
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 02:51:48 am »
The one piece of hardware I knew I was going to use on this project was a 23" Apple Cinema Display. I have a couple I purchased cheap off of Craigslist lying around. SMS in 16:9 looks a little squashed to me so decided I wanted a monitor that was 16:10 and these fit the bill. The only downside is that they are comparatively heavy. They are good quality monitors though and were $3500 back in their day.

De-casing the monitor you wind up with something like the image below:

While it doesn't have a VESA mount, there are metal flanges on the sides so it's pretty easy to make a mount. As the picture shows, the monitor bottom will rest on a board with slots cut in it to support the weight while the top will lean up against another piece. The width of the cab is based off of the monitor, ~24".

With the monitor de-cased and measured I was able to do a basic mock-up in SketchUp. I didn't follow any other design exactly, I just borrowed looks from existing cabs and bartops and winged it. Once I was happy with the design I printed out some measurements to create my side piece.

I transferred the measurements to matte board and cut it out to trace on the melamine coated MDF. I decided to use 3/4" for the sides and bottom, I like the way 3/4" t-molding looks better. I cut the first side with a jigsaw and used it as a template to do the final side pieces with a router.

After doing the slot cutting for the t-molding and the square bottom and monitor support pieces I was ready for basic assembly. I like using a Kreg Jig and pocket screws, super simple, really strong and you don't have to mess with battens. Below you can see the bottom attached to the sides along with the monitor support piece which was then slot cut with a Dremel to rest the monitor in.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 10:07:01 am by 8BitMonk »
Games: Asteroids Deluxe | Atomiswave | Centipede | Championship Sprint | Defender | Donkey Kong | Dig Dug | Frogger | Ikari Warriors | Missile Command | Pac-Man | Pole Position | Robotron | Spy Hunter | Tempest | Super Mario Strikers

two40

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 28, 2020, 01:33:38 am
  • What does this button do?
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 08:54:48 am »
Off to a flying start.  :applaud:

That's one big screen for a bartop which will make a large mini-cade as you've noted.  :lol

Good luck!

8BitMonk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 09:34:00 am »
Another small drawback to using a Cinema Display, the monitor has an ADC (Apple Display Connector) that needs to be converted to DVI which means this white box and a --saint's minion-- load of monitor cable. Oh well, the monitor was only $80 and I'm determined to use it.

Next I wanted to do a test for the metal control panel and button layout. I used matte board again to mock up something simple and tape it in place and taped on various Slagcoin layouts to find one I liked. I was initially going to do a completely custom button layout just for SMS but ended up going with something more standard so it could be more multipurpose.

I found a local metal shop that was willing to do one-off's and after discussing the project with them found out I could save money by calculating the x, y coordinates for the hole punch. This wasn't something I needed to pay them to do and could do myself. I ended up giving them the guide sheet below along with a 1" hinge I cut to width to be welded on. Below is the guide sheet I gave them along with a sample of how the hinge will attach, I decided to use wing nuts so it can be removed.

And here's the end product, they did a great job and it cost ~$100. Using the metal CP keeps it low profile plus I think it looks cool. Downside, weight.

I also added some heavy duty rubber feet.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 10:08:45 am by 8BitMonk »

BorgDog

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 22, 2021, 02:22:52 pm
  • Not a hipster for over 50 years!
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 11:59:33 am »
That's a pretty awesome looking CP.   :applaud:  What gauge metal is that? and doe sit feel stiff enough?
My Projects:
MisSpent Youth a Vigolix bartop,  Little Bastard a rotating tablet/display bartop,
Pin-Dog a mini pin-cab on vpforums.org  Star Wars a wedgehead pincab on vpinball.com

8BitMonk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 12:20:19 pm »
That's a pretty awesome looking CP.   :applaud:  What gauge metal is that? and doe sit feel stiff enough?

It's 16 gauge stainless steel which is .0625" or 1.5875mm. It's very rigid, it can flex a bit but you'd really have to torque on it to get it to bend permanently. I've added some side battens and magnets for latching which made it really solid. It's nearly as thick as an old school Xevious CP I have (below), I'd guess the original metal CP's were about 2mm thick.

Here's a better image to get a feel for the thickness

« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 12:18:54 pm by 8BitMonk »

8BitMonk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 12:22:09 pm »
Off to a flying start.  :applaud:

That's one big screen for a bartop which will make a large mini-cade as you've noted.  :lol

Good luck!

Thanks! Yeah it's a bit of a beast, not sure where I'm going to put it when I'm done, may have to make a rollcart or something.   :-\

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 12:41:11 am
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 02:19:23 pm »
What's the actual width on the cabinet? I'm curious.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

8BitMonk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 02:25:28 pm »
What's the actual width on the cabinet? I'm curious.

25 5/8" - CP is 24 1/8" + two 3/4" MDF side panels

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 02:25:56 pm »
Thanks.

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 07:31:21 pm
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2015, 02:38:56 pm »
Oh this game... :timebomb:

Interesting Project. I'm not sure playing Strikers how arcade controls will work out, but I'll have to keep tabs on this one regardless.

8BitMonk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2015, 02:49:31 pm »
Oh this game... :timebomb:

Interesting Project. I'm not sure playing Strikers how arcade controls will work out, but I'll have to keep tabs on this one regardless.

haha, yeah I tried out several button layouts before I found one I like, it takes some practice, I'll show that in a future post. It's definitely not as easy as a controller but that adds a neat twist to the game. The great thing for beginners is that they'll really only need to know the pass and shoot button which will be green and red. I'm matching the buttons colors to the games instruction menus. It's easy enough to revert back to wireless controllers too which I have to do for 4 player.

One of the great things about running this through Dolphin that I don't think a lot of people know about is that you can crank up the graphics and it looks incredible, way better than it ever did with a GameCube or Wii on a tv. There's also an in game adjustment to set the zoom level on the field so you're closer or farther from the action.

8BitMonk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2015, 06:43:52 pm »
For the CP I had initially intended to just run carriage bolts down from the top. Before I did it though I decided to do a quick web search for any kind of undermount I could find and ran across a forum post from a guy in germany who's friend hand an overrun of just the type of mount I needed. Score!

I attached the mounts to the bottom of the CP with some clear JB Weld.

You can see on the picture above where I also attached some strong cabinet magnets, these are the kind Haruman sells with his kits. I attached a couple of battens to support the CP and countersunk the other part of the magnet in the batten. The pictures below aren't entirely accurate, I had to go back and set the piece a little deeper so the top sits flush.

With the CP basically in place I moved on to putting the top, back and marquee bottom on. I used .25" black melamine coated MDF for those parts to reduce weight. I used some clamps to hold temporary battens in place while I attached the pieces with a Kreg jig and pocket screws.

Below you can see where I attached a piano hinge for the back door similar to the one attaching the CP

« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 11:01:15 am by 8BitMonk »

8BitMonk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2015, 06:55:47 pm »
Added illuminated AC outlet with toggle switch to bring power inside the cab. Props to PL1 for the wiring diagram. Also added a couple of Neutrik USB feed throughs.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 05:51:25 pm by 8BitMonk »

8BitMonk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2015, 08:46:54 pm »
Note to self, remember to put the blade on the table saw the right way to avoid overly chipping the melamine coating. :banghead: Oh well, it touches up ok with a marker. The melamine coating is still way easier than having to paint in my book.

Cut myself working on the cab so it literally has my blood in it.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 05:50:56 pm by 8BitMonk »

8BitMonk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2015, 03:21:26 pm »
I originally thought that I'd use an AMD AM+3 motherboard and processor along with a Radeon HD 4890 vid card that I had lying around but the game was stuttering a bit and they didn't quite cut it. Since Dolphin runs better with an Intel processor I decided to bite the bullet and get a new Mini-ITX Intel board with built in wireless, an Intel CPU and Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti card. The 750 Ti is small and one of the most powerful cards you can get that doesn't require separate power. With the modest power requirements I was able to use a small 430 watt psu I had on hand. A little more expensive build but it future proofs me and is better for more intensive Steam games.

I decided to mount the motherboard on the back door of the unit.

I velcro'd the psu to the inside left wall near the mobo

Since the computer was going to be on the back door and I didn't want it accidentally slamming down while being opened and I decided to add some gas springs I found cheap on Amazon. They work really well considering the cost.

Computer in place, both springs attached and Apple ADC connector velcro'd to back of monitor.

Added a latch

« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 05:50:41 pm by 8BitMonk »

8BitMonk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2015, 03:44:03 pm »
I'm using a 120Gb SSD with the build and needed a way to mount it to the door. I also wanted some latitude to easily add/swap another 5.25" HD or another SSD in the future so after some looking I decided to use an Icy Dock Flex Fit and modify it to fit my needs.

The Icy Dock holds a 5.25" and 2x 2.5" drives and is light.

There's was no way to mount the Icy Dock to my door and the bottom of the 5.25" drive is exposed so you can't directly velcro it.

To cover up the bottom of the Icy Dock so I could vecro it to the door I used a letter tray I bought at Office Max and cut a square piece of the black plastic off of it.

I made screw holes in the plastic piece so I could attach it right to the hard drive

Then I put velcro on the bottom to attach the whole thing to the door beside the mobo.

I had considered L brackets but they took up more space and the velcro is easier to remove if I need to mess with the drives

I needed a place to mount the wifi antenna as well and the strip of plastic inbetween the SSD slots worked well.

Bit of a design flaw on my part, the antennae block the ssd drives from sliding out so you need to remove them to get at the ssd's. You can see how they hit in the image below. Minor inconvenience.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 11:10:16 am by 8BitMonk »

8BitMonk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2015, 04:07:17 pm »
Time for sound. I ordered up common bartop sound components and had a little mini shootout. This included the Kinter, Lepai and DROK amps along with BOSS, Pyle and Rockford Fosgate 4" speakers.

Amps

Speakers

Grilles

The sound quality of all components was very comparable, the Fosgate speakers seemed a little more clear but less full than the other speakers but all were very passable. While the BOSS speakers are cheap, the cone material looks cheaper so durability might be an issue. They don't come with speaker wire or grilles either which is a consideration.

The Kinter and Lepai amps are comparable, the Kinter is cheaper but doesn't come with a power supply and is a bit less powerful than the Lepai. This power probably wouldn't be noticable with such small speakers and both have bass/treble adjustments. The DROK was very similar in performance but no separate sound adjustments and you have to draw power from your psu. This could be good or bad depending on your build, it has a very small footprint which could be good for small builds.

The grilles on the Fosgates and Pyles were decent but they have the logos on them. I ordered some other speaker grilles to check out and didn't care for them. They typical arcade speakers look like drains to me and the other set I ordered (at right above) was nice but too big for my build.

In the end I went with the Fosgate speakers and Lepai amp for this build. I don't think you could go wrong with any of these components, all would likely work fine depending on budget and size requirements.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 11:12:58 am by 8BitMonk »

8BitMonk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2015, 04:23:17 pm »
For drilling holes I find this dremel attachment quicker and easier than a router. It's not quite as smooth but gets covered up anyway.

Speakers mounted

While I was at it I realized I should probably have some ventilation. Decide to add 2x 120mm fans. Covered up the mobo and cut them in place. You can see the Lepai amp mounted on the inside wall.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 12:09:15 pm by 8BitMonk »

dmckean

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2024, 08:50:41 pm
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2015, 04:50:40 pm »
Is there room to bottom mount the speakers? Then you could just flush mount some perforated steel spray painted black for grills.

8BitMonk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2015, 04:51:59 pm »
For the buttons and joysticks I'm trying to match the original game controller and menus as much as possible. I found some foosballs and put threads in them to make soccer balls for the ball tops which is a neat touch. The white is a bit dull and I'm sure the black would wear off so I'd like to repaint and clearcoat them which I discussed in this thread.

Soccer ball tops and buttons to see how they'll look. You can see the GC controller for color comparison.

Below is how I have the controls mapped.

Run is best in the lower left as you can hold it down with your thumb and perform other actions.

Pass and Shoot are used a lot and most natural for the fore and middle fingers.

Lobs - For more advanced play you can do Lobs by pressing Lob button in combo with Pass or Shoot so you end up hitting Lob with the middle finger and Pass or Shoot with the fore finger. It can get tricky if you're also running at the same time and pressing down with your thumb but you get used to it pretty quick.

Big Hit and Special have to be done with the pinky.

It seems a little complex but no more so than a fighting game combo. For beginners only Pass and Shoot are really needed to jump in. It's one of those games that's easy to learn and tough to master whether you use a controller or arcade controls.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 12:12:37 pm by 8BitMonk »

8BitMonk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2015, 05:00:09 pm »
Is there room to bottom mount the speakers? Then you could just flush mount some perforated steel spray painted black for grills.

I had thought about that but didn't want the magnets taking up space on the floor inside. I also liked the idea of having the sound facing forward to hear voices etc. I mounted them under the marquee in the usual spot, they're a little cramped there and I had to cut the retainer around them but they seem to work out pretty well.

8BitMonk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2015, 05:08:01 pm »
A little detail item for the cab keys. All about the details right.  :cheers:

I also ordered a DK one (below) from Chinabuygroup.com but I think I got ripped off, no response from them in many days and my order says 'Quality Control'. Anyone bought from them before?

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 04:55:34 pm by 8BitMonk »

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 06:07:15 pm
  • <insert personal text here>
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2015, 05:18:13 pm »
I like this, fun theme.  Super Sidekicks is one of my favs, I've never played this title so I'll have to check it out!

8BitMonk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2015, 05:40:34 pm »
I like this, fun theme.  Super Sidekicks is one of my favs, I've never played this title so I'll have to check it out!

Thanks for the feedback!  :cheers: This is a fun game, definitely check it out. 

SpaceHedgehog

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 06, 2023, 12:10:24 pm
  • Almost done ...
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2015, 04:10:17 am »
Neat looking build with a fun theme. Love the 'accessorised' approach too  :cheers:
Click a pic for a video tour 

8BitMonk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2015, 02:15:30 pm »
Neat looking build with a fun theme. Love the 'accessorised' approach too  :cheers:

Thanks man, your Viewlix and R-Pod builds are incredible!  :notworthy:

8BitMonk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2015, 02:32:00 pm »
To finish the monitor I'm using a piece of black matte board for the bezel and a dark tinted piece of glass over the top of it. I tried clear plexi as well to cut some weight but I don't like it as well. I'm a bit torn because the glass looks really nice and finished but I get some nasty glare in bright light, the display is the easiest to see when it's uncovered but the overall build doesn't look as nice.

Both the matte board and glass sit on the lip in front of the monitor and slide just behind the speaker grilles up top. You can see the glass halfway in on the pic below.

When I first placed the glass I noticed that it didn't sit completely flush with the wood above and below and there was some light leaking. I used some car door edge guard on the top and bottom which flexes just enough to fill any gaps and gives it a nice finished look.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 04:58:02 pm by 8BitMonk »

8BitMonk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2015, 11:40:30 pm »
Next to wire up the CP.

These $10 jamma harnesses from Paradise Arcade Shop are a great source of multicolor wires and daisy chain grounds with all of the connectors aready on. Everything to wire this CP came from 1 harness.

Midway through, rats nest.

... and the finished job. Will be making the two start buttons white instead of yellow, need to order them.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 04:58:59 pm by 8BitMonk »

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2015, 11:48:11 pm »

Next to wire up the CP.

These $10 jamma harnesses from Paradise Arcade Shop are a great source of multicolor wires and daisy chain grounds with all of the connectors aready on.

Agreed. The power wires on a lot of those cheap harnesses are too thin, though.  I like chopping them up for all the other wires, though. :cheers:

8BitMonk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2015, 12:05:15 am »

Agreed. The power wires on a lot of those cheap harnesses are too thin, though.  I like chopping them up for all the other wires, though. :cheers:

I'd agree on the power but for the others it works great and was a huge time saver. Don't know why I hadn't thought of it before! $10 is cheap for all the pre-crimped wires and they're a decent length too. I was even able to color code almost all of my wires to their button color which helped when connecting to the encoders.  :applaud:   

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2015, 12:12:17 am »

I'd agree on the power but for the others it works great and was a huge time saver. Don't know why I hadn't thought of it before! $10 is cheap for all the pre-crimped wires and they're a decent length too. I was even able to color code almost all of my wires to their button color which helped when connecting to the encoders.  :applaud:
Oh yeah, totally agree. I forgot who it was here initially that mentioned it, but hacking those cheap harnesses up for the regular colored wire and the ground harness is an awesome timesaver.

8BitMonk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2015, 12:28:17 am »
Saw a great tip in another byoac thread where someone had cut a pvc pipe in half and used it as a backing for their marquee lights. Genius! I had a cardboard tube around that was the diameter I needed.

Using Groovy Game Gear NovaMatrix lights. Still need to add a power switch in the back for them.

Using standard marquee retainers and two pieces of plexi to sandwich the art.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 04:59:57 pm by 8BitMonk »

8BitMonk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2015, 01:32:09 am »
Time to start thinking about the finishing artwork. Luckily there's a good amount of hires art for Super Mario Strikers available online, a bunch of it is at mariowiki.com

The splash screen for the game is below and the menus use a similar design with light blue for the starburst so I'm thinking that's what I'll base the theme off of.

Some prelimary looks for the marquee and side art. Still need to tweak them quite a bit. I think I'll go with white t-molding like a classic nintendo cab would have.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 05:00:57 pm by 8BitMonk »

8BitMonk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2015, 01:36:20 am »
Playing around with ideas like adding the ball being kicked...

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 05:01:33 pm by 8BitMonk »

05SRT4

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:31:35 pm
  • Check out my Pow Pow
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2015, 01:46:14 am »
Really cool build!! Strikers is one of my favorite Wii games.

reptileink

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 28, 2023, 11:30:55 am
  • An 8 bit hero
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2015, 10:38:35 am »
Pardon the horrible graphics (limited to Paint here at work), but what about filling that empty middle portion with a soccer ball??

~Building Arcade Cabinets are like raising children, you always mess up your first~

Blackknight2000

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 22, 2023, 01:54:37 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2015, 07:00:16 pm »
Amazing build! Very nice and clean!

8BitMonk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2015, 01:31:50 am »
Really cool build!! Strikers is one of my favorite Wii games.

Thanks! Cool Micro Mortal Kombat build.  :cheers:

Amazing build! Very nice and clean!

Thanks! :cheers: Cool Punisher build. Did you hear Jon Bernthal (Shane from The Walking Dead) was cast to play The Punisher in the next season of Daredevil?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 01:46:51 am by 8BitMonk »

8BitMonk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2015, 01:41:20 am »
Pardon the horrible graphics (limited to Paint here at work), but what about filling that empty middle portion with a soccer ball??

Thanks for the suggestion! Funny you mention it, I had already given this a try. The ball is tough to make out (since it's mostly covered up) and it ends up making the characters harder to see, think it's a little busy.

I also expirimented with darkening the background and adding a white circle and offset line when I had additional characters. I thought it ended up looking a bit cluttered as well.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 05:02:24 pm by 8BitMonk »