Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: List of SD card hack, carts, alternative replacements to CD drive.  (Read 100592 times)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:35:06 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: List of SD card hack, carts, alternative replacements to CD drive.
« Reply #800 on: April 07, 2021, 03:01:14 pm »
There are really only a handful where it is an issue.   I think the cut-scenes in dino crisis are s-video only, for example but I think about all of it is patchable at this point.

I really need to sit down and load up my gdemu sd card but unless I can find a torrent or something all the images floating about online don't have the cover art injected into the iso, and I kind of want to do that for the menu.

nitrogen_widget

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:16:58 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #801 on: April 07, 2021, 06:43:31 pm »
I found some tools for GDemu.
a tool to import your games and create the folder structure on the sdcard.
you can add them one at a time or a bunch at once if you have CDI's. I have extracted .gdi folders so i searched for *.gdi when the browser opened to add images then was able to select multiple games.

there is also a tool for custom menu's.

just google GDMENU theme manager.
I think 1.5 is the latest version it has all the tools you need.

I download the cover art from emumovies.
though i'm not sure what to do with it yet.

supposedly most game covers are included with the GDEMU_SD tool.

oh and the free crt tv. it wasn't 25" diagonal.
It was more like 30" across.
it was the biggest freaking CRT TV i'd ever seen.
it was bigger than 36" CRT.
it wouldn't fit in my car even if I did want it.
the girl who was helping out with the veterans church where it was wasn't even born when the TV was made so i wasn't too mad she didn't know how to measure it.
Her dad was there also and was laughing after cause he couldn't understand why i drove up in a car and not an SUV or truck for it.
he said it's a 40" CRT.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:35:06 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #802 on: April 08, 2021, 02:11:55 am »
Heh  I rescued a 37 incher from my parents earlier this year..... my back still hurts.

Unless I am missing something, the only way to get cover art to show up is to manually open each iso via an iso browser and inject the image into the iso.   That's the time consuming part I was talking about.

nitrogen_widget

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:16:58 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #803 on: April 08, 2021, 08:39:37 am »
Heh  I rescued a 37 incher from my parents earlier this year..... my back still hurts.

Unless I am missing something, the only way to get cover art to show up is to manually open each iso via an iso browser and inject the image into the iso.   That's the time consuming part I was talking about.

my roms are in folders so i don't have to deal with an iso file.
i sorta watched a video on youtube telling you how to do it with .gdi files but it looked like a massive pain in the arse which is why i only half watched it.