Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: G27 for mame  (Read 5306 times)

jackiabu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 04, 2020, 02:55:25 pm
    • http://jackiabu.blogspot.com/
G27 for mame
« on: October 07, 2014, 02:32:12 pm »
Hi

Today I bought a new steering wheel. I bought it because it was on sale ...

Anyway my current wheel is fine. FGT Rumble 3-in-1

My question is should I replace the old one with a new one? The G27 is well adapted to MAME?  or the Model 2 emu?

Most of the games I play on my Out Run machine is : Mame racing games like:outrun ,chase hq etc.  all so games like outrun 2006,need for speed etc.

the button line is what the benefit from the G27 to other wheel?

my new G27

my old and good wheel///

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:43:52 pm
Re: G27 for mame
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 02:43:56 pm »
The G27 works well for most things.

Benefits:
More powerful ffb
Will shake for games that only have rumble (not real ffb)
Logitech Profiler software allows you to have custom settings for every game or emulator.  (most older games & demul emulator prefer the pedals be "marked combined"=on same axis)
Most newer games come already configured to work with it.

Drawbacks:
The clutch pedal shows up as the z-axis and can't be modified in the Logitech profiler software.  I have a few older games where this causes the menus to scroll unless you hold it down exactly halfway.  It also registers when trying to map controls in Demul unless you hold it down exactly halfway.

The main things would be the appearance and more powerful ffb.
It's up to you whether it's worth it to redo your cab for those things.

jackiabu

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 03:12:43 pm »
BadMouth Thank you for your quick response. ;D

What bothers me is what you say that" The clutch pedal shows up as the z-axis and can't be modified in the Logitech profiler software..." is it for mame? Or some  other racing games?

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 03:41:53 pm »

What bothers me is what you say that" The clutch pedal shows up as the z-axis and can't be modified in the Logitech profiler software..." is it for mame? Or some  other racing games?

It doesn't affect MAME.

In Demul, when you try to map controls the Z-axis will register before you have a chance to press the button you intended to map.
Unless the pedal is held down halfway, Demul sees it as the Z-axis being held in one direction.
Think of it in terms of a gamepad.  The joysticks are centered when not being used.
Once you get the controls mapped, everything works fine.  You only have to deal with it once.
Just hold down the clutch halfway when mapping the other controls.

Edit:
I can't even remember the name of any of the old games I had an issue with.
I've never heard anyone else complain about it.

It irks me personally because I wanted to play the game FUEL which doesn't even support wheels.
I could get the wheel working using x360ce xbox controller emulator, but the game has the z axis hard coded which causes my vehicle to go backwards unless the clutch pedal is held halfway down.  It's a budget game nobody cares about, but I really enjoy driving around offroad in it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 03:50:32 pm by BadMouth »

jackiabu

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 03:55:30 pm »

It doesn't affect MAME.

In Demul, when you try to map controls the Z-axis will register before you have a chance to press the button you intended to map.
Unless the pedal is held down halfway, Demul sees it as the Z-axis being held in one direction.

Think of it in terms of a gamepad.  The joysticks are centered when not being used.
Once you get the controls mapped, everything works fine.  You only have to deal with it once.
Just hold down the clutch halfway when mapping the other controls.

Edit:
I can't even remember the name of any of the old games I had an issue with.
I've never heard anyone else complain about it.

It irks me personally because I wanted to play the game FUEL which doesn't even support wheels.
I could get the wheel working using x360ce xbox controller emulator, but the game has the z axis hard coded which causes my vehicle to go backwards unless the clutch pedal is held halfway down.  It's a budget game nobody cares about, but I really enjoy driving around offroad in it.

ok thanks you for that info. i see that my G27 came whit no Driver do i need Driver or some util? in the website i see nothing...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 03:57:43 pm by jackiabu »

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 04:03:51 pm »

jackiabu

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 04:24:25 pm »
ok thanks men for your help ;D

Now I have a lot of work.

I will update later ...

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:31:43 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 07:03:57 pm »
Anyway my current wheel is fine. FGT Rumble 3-in-1

I've got an FGT 3-in-1 also. It's such a great budget priced wheel, I picked one up on a bit of a spur of the moment a couple of years ago for about £30 (which is about £12 less than a new PS3 dual shock 3 pad would've cost me at the time) and was amazed how good it was for how little it cost. I've only recently upgraded to a new wheel with proper working force feedback, which admittedly is better, but I still love my FGT 3-in-1.

When Setting up the FGT in MAME back in the day I had the issue of one of the axes registering before anything else showed up unless the pedal was held down halfway, but I think this may have only been when the wheel was in 'combined' mode rather than 'separate'.

jackiabu

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 09:25:52 am »
Well after I took apart the old panel of the machine.
I put the G27 and unfortunately Panal not fit the new steering wheel.

There is not enough room for gear shift.
Even palte of the accelerator pedal too much big or long :banghead:

I need a few things:

Build a new panel to fit the G27 wheel. The problem I need to do all that re-wiring again for the I-PAC etc.

Find a place to the shift  transmission. may build a special facility :badmood:

« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 10:24:50 am by jackiabu »