Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ami-man's advice on Rowe Ami jukeboxes  (Read 88875 times)

Leeshep

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: ami-man's advice on Rowe Ami jukeboxes
« Reply #640 on: September 14, 2018, 01:16:06 pm »
Hello folks,

Got another issue with the R90. The front lights have gone dull. The top ones light as normal and flash to the beat. I can't see any components on the board that are unique to the p2 connector. They look bridged.

Please help.

Lee

wise1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #641 on: September 19, 2018, 07:40:32 am »
Hi Alan,
Question on Rowe control computers, computer 4-07773-05 works on my R91 R92 R93.
But computer 407773-12 only works on the R93, is this correct or do I have a fault?

Cheers, Richard

ami-man

• Offline Offline
« Reply #642 on: September 21, 2018, 07:39:52 am »
Hi Richard,

It could be down to what program chip you have in the 407773-12 CCC.

Regards
Alan

wise1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #643 on: September 21, 2018, 08:12:40 pm »
Hi Alan,
the Eprom chip has a sticker on it saying V1.1,
i did swap another chip over to check, but no change, that chip was V1.1 as well.
So I gather this computer should work in all of them?

Cheers, Richard

Stevemo57

• Offline Offline
« Reply #644 on: September 22, 2018, 12:40:48 pm »
Hi, new to Jukeboxing.
I just purchased a working r93 combo, however, when moving it I forgot to remove CD Cartridge so a disc fell into the player. I opened and removed disc, no problems at all. But when I reinstalled the player and got it plugged back in it doesn't even "acknowledge" the player. By that I mean, when I try to press the 50xx-55xx selections it won't even show the first digit (5). Do I need to initialize the player again? If so, how?
Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

valkrie

• Offline Offline
  • I'll get the damn thing working eventually!
« Reply #645 on: September 26, 2018, 05:28:57 am »
Hi,
When the popular button is pressed on my R92 combo juke. It tries to select a record ending in 8 or 9.
Is this normal? I would have thought that is should select the most popular track even it is a cd?
It still does this even after the memorec data is cleared via the switch on the CCC.
The selection of records ending in 8 or 9 is disabled in the CCC (location 29 is set to 255) so you cannot select them via the keypad. Does this need to be the case for CD combo or just video jukes?
Location 30 is set to 00
What does location 46 do? Mine has a value of 2 there. The manual says nothing about location 46.
It is selecting and playing all records (except ending in 8 or 9) and all the cd selections perfectly fine.
Any thoughts on this?

Cheers
Stu

« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 06:17:46 am by valkrie »

valkrie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #646 on: September 26, 2018, 05:45:30 am »
Hi again,

I need to replace the volume control on my r92. I believe it is a 10K linear potentiometer.
Is this correct?

cheers
Stu

ami-man

• Offline Offline
« Reply #647 on: September 26, 2018, 05:50:17 am »
Hi Stu,

No it is a 10K Log pot.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

valkrie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #648 on: September 26, 2018, 06:18:09 am »
Hi Stu,

No it is a 10K Log pot.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

Thanks Alan.
I was looking for it the manual parts list. I cannot see it listed there at all.
Cheers
Stu

evil-nine

• Offline Offline
« Reply #649 on: September 26, 2018, 07:54:29 am »
Hi!

First post here.  This looks like a great forum!

I have a Rowe Ami R-74 in London, UK.  It was last serviced circa 1994 and I have the following intermittent problems:

1.  The selection buttons become stuck.  Sometimes they will clear after a few seconds, sometimes days.
2.  It appears the selection doesn't always play in order, or some selections are skipped when queuing up plays

On a side note, the inside of the cabinet is very dirty, yellow and greasy.  This doesn't bother me too much but I wondered if others preferences are to thoroughly clean the inside?

Thanks,
Craig

valkrie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #650 on: September 26, 2018, 07:37:34 pm »
Finally I have the lighting all sorted.
All bulbs replaced with the correct colours.
Starting to look the goods now I reckon.
Onto the lower speaker grille refurbishment.
Cheers,
Stu

evil-nine

• Offline Offline
« Reply #651 on: September 27, 2018, 05:47:43 am »
Hi!

First post here.  This looks like a great forum!

I have a Rowe Ami R-74 in London, UK.  It was last serviced circa 1994 and I have the following intermittent problems:

1.  The selection buttons become stuck.  Sometimes they will clear after a few seconds, sometimes days.
2.  It appears the selection doesn't always play in order, or some selections are skipped when queuing up plays

On a side note, the inside of the cabinet is very dirty, yellow and greasy.  This doesn't bother me too much but I wondered if others preferences are to thoroughly clean the inside?

Thanks,
Craig

Further note.  I have the manual and it seems that the latch coil does not engage or get released correctly. 

The selection buttons do not latch as the latch relay does not engage.  After some time the relay engages and I am able to make a selection but this now does not move to the next stage.  The selection switches remain depressed and nothing happens.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 05:58:51 am by evil-nine »

ami-man

• Offline Offline
« Reply #652 on: September 27, 2018, 07:54:39 am »
Hello Craig,

Welcome to the forum.

So you have issues with your 1975 Rowe Ami R-74.

I suggest that you clean the open & closed contact on the R1 & R5 relays on the keyboard, to do this remove the plug going to the bottom of the keyboard, remove the two screws that hold the keyboard in place These are part of the upper lid locking mechanism (2 BA or 1/4 AF socket or spanner required).

To clean the contacts on the two relays use a paper taper pulled between the contact tips. Repete this cleaning on the search unit open relays S1 & S2.

If this does not sort out the issue please get back to me.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

evil-nine

• Offline Offline
« Reply #653 on: September 27, 2018, 08:30:26 am »
Thanks for your quick reply Alan.

It's decided to work today so I will let you know how it goes.

steveslotty

• Offline Offline
« Reply #654 on: September 27, 2018, 07:30:34 pm »
Hi, i have an r-86 and its cradle will not spin. Record 100 is on display saying playing but nothing happing on turntable. When new numbers are punched in nothing happens just hoes back to 100 playing. Manual spin button doesnt work either on unit. Motor underneath that runs the sprag is hot extreamly hot. The cam arm is broken also by the way. I removed ccc and motor control board.had foam on back that turned gummy cleaned boards, Re flowed solder to all pins, de oxed pins and plugs, replaced 100 uf electrolic caps,  replaced the two transistors on the heat sink on motor control board, and cleaned up and looked for any noticible problems couldnt find any. What do you think my problem is i have yet to check power supply, i didnt yet since i was getting power well everything was lighting up, and yhings turn when i turn manually. I am new to jukeboxes this is my first i have over 10 arcade games that i do repairs on though.

ami-man

• Offline Offline
« Reply #655 on: September 28, 2018, 05:42:04 am »
Hello Steve,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not too shure that jumping in with both feet was the best idea on this jukebox.

If the mechanism motor is getting very hot then I would have taken the Sprag Assembly off of the mechaism to check out the sprag wheel and the stem bushing for any wear or damage causing the mechamism to jam up putting a load on the motor. You had better check that the Detent Solenoid is disengaging for the same reason.

Are all the power rails on the power supply at the correct voltages under a slight load?

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

Liamo81

• Offline Offline
  • Rowe Ami CD100
« Reply #656 on: October 03, 2018, 01:17:49 am »
Hi again Alan.

Hope all is well?

Random question you may be able to help with:

There is a small transformer in the bottom left of the Rowe Ami WCD20.

Do you happen to know the input/output voltage of the transformer and the wiring colour key?

I have one spare from an old project and looking to re-purpose it.

Many thanks.

Liam

ami-man

• Offline Offline
« Reply #657 on: October 04, 2018, 09:03:35 am »
Hi Liam,

The yellow and black are the 28 volts AC input, not sure of the two orange and two blue wires on the output, they will more than likey be a lower voltage.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

willie50

• Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own Ami Continental!
« Reply #658 on: October 14, 2018, 01:21:58 pm »
Hi Alan,  I've just started moving my doner jukebox parts ( Rowe Ami R88 ) into my Ami Continental 2 replica body that I,ve built up. I have 3 problems.
1. I reconnected everything, including amp and speakers, once removed from the jukebox and everything worked apart from there was no sound apart from a very quiet sound and turning the volume did not adjust it.
2. The plans I have are for transfering a R87 which is slightly different to my R88, I also want to use my own Amp, so slightly puzzled how to do it. Do you know if there are plans for transfering a R88 including its Amp.
3.Both the small 6 inch speakers have seen better days, any idea where I can get replacements. Was thinking maybe 6.5 inch ones as the hole created from the plans is already 150mm therefore 6 inch ones are a bit tight.
Cheers for any help. Regards Keith

ami-man

• Offline Offline
« Reply #659 on: October 19, 2018, 07:45:29 am »
Hello Keith,

There is little or no difference in the R-87 and R-88 jukeboxes other than trim.

I assume you are fitting a 125 or 130 Rowe Ami amplifier, if you have a substitute amp such as the Rainbow MK4, I would ditch it they are not worth spending money on.

Regarding speakers, cross overs you need to match these to the amplifier as per the original speakers.

If you are having issues I suggest you contact me directly, send me a PM so we can swap details.
Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

toddsterling92

• Offline Offline
« Reply #660 on: October 20, 2018, 10:01:54 am »
R87 help. Is there an aux out so I can hook up a Bluetooth transmitter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baldnic

• Offline Offline
« Reply #661 on: October 20, 2018, 10:25:27 pm »
my mm6 with tube amp  has developed a fault. when powered on it will blow the main fuse and trip the tube amp breaker. it has functioned great until the weather now turned cool in my temporarily unheated shop. what part is first to diagnose  and where should I start troubleshooting

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31