Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

What version of PGA do you currently own?

PGA GOLF
6 (4.9%)
CHAMPIONSHIP I
3 (2.4%)
CHAMPIONSHIP II
3 (2.4%)
CHAMPIONSHIP III
13 (10.6%)
CHALLENGE
25 (20.3%)
TEAM CHALLENGE
45 (36.6%)
TEAM CHALLENGE w/ ALL ACCESS
15 (12.2%)
I DON'T OWN A VERSION BUT WOULD LIKE TO!
13 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 123

Author Topic: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread  (Read 230495 times)

game_nerd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 09, 2020, 12:15:19 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread
« Reply #2440 on: July 30, 2020, 08:28:29 pm »
I know someone who installed onto a 780 just a couple weeks ago and he confirmed that itís as easy as running the SRD, game discs then adding the drivers I mentioned before.
He installed directly to an SSD.

Good to know. From my post above I got a working everlast in the game I bought, it came with the pga tour challenge welcome kit, cards, promo flyers, etc. Really neat finding all that stuff in the bottom of the cab.
It also came with a new SRD and the 3 team challenge install disks.
It works fine as is, but I want to build a faster/better machine so it runs super smooth and quick.
thanks for your replies :)

drummer_god

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 11:45:38 am
« Reply #2441 on: July 30, 2020, 08:41:49 pm »
I saw the pics. Nice find.
Best of luck.

game_nerd

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2442 on: August 04, 2020, 12:10:45 pm »
I'm thinking about chopping this cabinet in half and making it a pedestal. I hate to cut it up but can't find a decent lcd to for in the cabinet without a ton of wasted space. I dunno tho, i hate to chop it up. Has anyone here made theirs a pedestal?

drummer_god

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2443 on: August 04, 2020, 10:50:44 pm »
You must be Martie57 on YouTube.  😆
Check my other YouTube videos for examples of full standup cabinet with 30Ē IPS monitor as well as a pedestal cab. Might help you decide what to do.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 10:52:56 pm by drummer_god »

game_nerd

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2444 on: August 05, 2020, 09:35:47 pm »
ah so you're the guy who posted the pedestal cab on youtube eh?
It gave me some great ideas for mine. I hate to chop it down, but not being able to find a lcd monitor that fits in the space the one I have sucks, and I'd rather run the game on a larger screen at a higher resolution anyway, tbh.
I'm gonna have 4 pedestals and flat screens in my basement. But it's ok.
I can't wait for the weekend to get here so I can get started on this thing.

drummer_god

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2445 on: August 06, 2020, 09:48:02 am »
The game only runs in 800 x 600. You canít improve the resolution.

I have a 30Ē IPS dell ultra sharp monitor in my cab. Itís pretty sweet.

game_nerd

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2446 on: August 07, 2020, 09:06:49 pm »
well I ended up chopping my cab in half (easier to drag down to the basement myself)
instead of doing a downward angle on the back half of the cab, I opted to cut the back part flat and make a little shelf, using the board from the top of the cab (it fit almost perfectly) . I was debating cutting the cab down in depth, like removing the last 10" or so, but I would have had to remove the wheels, and the levelers, so I left it at the stock depth, but made a shelf on the back half for a tv to sit on. My router hasn't come in yet so I don't have a slot cut for the t molding, but it plays as is. Right now it's just got an old pc monitor on the little shelf, but I'm gonna buy a 32"ish tv tomorrow to put on there and call it a day.
 the little monitor doesn't move while playing, so I doubt a tv will be wiggling a whole lot with the leg levelers down. Worst case I'll drill a few holes into the tv base and bolt it to the shelf on the cab, but I don't even think that is necessary tbh.
My son and I have been playing all afternoon, loving the game. Now I need to look into customizing the golfers and skins.

drummer_god

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2447 on: August 07, 2020, 09:40:52 pm »
The reason I cut mine on an angle at the back is so I could have the vent to release any warm air created from the computer.
I actually picked up another cabinet yesterday and I intend to chop it to a pedestal as well as itís in rough shape.
I think itís pretty common to do it the way you did though.
Glad to hear youíre enjoying it.

game_nerd

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2448 on: August 08, 2020, 10:16:45 am »
It's a lot of work chopping them cabs down and putting them back together, taking all the stuff out, etc.
Rewarding, but it's a good day of work. forgot about the upper vent, my ped is the height of the backdoor that was on the cab.
I think I'm just gonna use a holesaw and cut a hole in the back for a pc exhaust fan, connected to one of the power supply headers.

Today I'm gonna work on cutting down a silver strike cab into a pedestal. Gonna use that to house my silver strike live and bags games.

drummer_god

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2449 on: August 08, 2020, 03:08:04 pm »
If you put a vent at the back, wouldnít it be blocked/covered when the machine is pressed up against the wall?
This was my thinking, anyway.

nipsmg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:24:21 am
  • ROONEY!! ERRGH!!
    • Arcadia
« Reply #2450 on: August 09, 2020, 12:12:37 pm »
Are you guys joined up to the server to play tournaments?

Also, there *is* a way to increase the resolution......    but the 2d graphic overlays stay at their original locations for a 800x600 screen so they kinda get in the way :-/

As far as hardware, you CAN get this running on up to windows 8.1 and a modern machine (my cabinet is running on a core2duo 8400 and a gt 610)... but it's a very, very manual process.  Otherwise, you need specific drivers to make it all work on "newer" dell hardware.

If you aren't joined, join the owners group on Facebook -- that's super active and you can get much more help/info on there including installation discs, drivers, etc.. and get your machines joined up to play tournaments.. The newer tournaments are running *new* courses not in the actual game (extracted from earlier versions of the arcade game like Pebble Beach, etc)....   

awagentx

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 11:02:52 am
« Reply #2451 on: Today at 01:28:04 am »
So, Hi i'm new here, i have a Challenge arcade, and the following recovery cd's: PGA_Challenge_recovery_3.0.0_050-0072-01, PGA_Challenge_1_2, PGA_Challenge_2_2, PGA_ChampionshipIII_1_2, PGA_ChampionshipIII_2_2, PGA_Patcher_04_ver_2, PGA_Team_Challange_All access Patch CD, so... i'm trying to get this back up and apply the all access patch, and when i insert that cd i get a error telling me i need version 4.0.0.8, two questions: 1) how do i find out what version i have installed, 2) can someone help me find the dongle patch / other files i need to run the various versions I can? any help will be greatly appreciated...

drummer_god

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2452 on: Today at 08:47:51 am »
You currently have challenge edition.

You need to install Team Challenge before installing the All-Access pass

To upgrade from Challenge to Team Challenge, youíll need the recovery disc for Team Challenge and the TC game discs 1-3 as well as a TC dongle.
« Last Edit: Today at 08:49:35 am by drummer_god »