Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

What version of PGA do you currently own?

PGA GOLF
7 (4.3%)
CHAMPIONSHIP I
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP II
3 (1.8%)
CHAMPIONSHIP III
20 (12.2%)
CHALLENGE
31 (18.9%)
TEAM CHALLENGE
54 (32.9%)
TEAM CHALLENGE w/ ALL ACCESS
28 (17.1%)
I DON'T OWN A VERSION BUT WOULD LIKE TO!
15 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 164

Author Topic: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread  (Read 551377 times)

boostinallovryou

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread
« Reply #720 on: December 18, 2014, 07:32:49 pm »
There will be no need to go from Team Challenge to All Access Pass.  All the AAP version did was enable all the courses which the server would do for Team Challenge.  Since GVR shut their servers down fresh Team Challenge machines would have no way to get those courses.  So GVR released AAP and found a way to make a few bucks while disabling their servers.  Now that we have a server I should be able to enable the missing courses on TC.

This is what I have interpreted about All Access Pass.  If I am wrong someone please let me know.

96p993

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2022, 01:26:37 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #721 on: December 18, 2014, 07:34:22 pm »
We lean on you brother!!!

96p993

• Offline Offline
« Reply #722 on: December 18, 2014, 07:43:44 pm »
So how will the tournaments work? Will there be a timeframe as to when all have to play the round? Will all participants have to be on at same time?

boostinallovryou

« Reply #723 on: December 18, 2014, 07:50:57 pm »
The tournaments are asynchronous.  That means you play whenever you want, as many times as you want.  Within a certain timeframe.  I.E. 1 week, 2 weeks, 4 weeks, etc.  The leaderboard will let you know who is in the lead.  Unfortunately PGA Tour isn't a game where you play at the same time as someone and get to talk smack to them as you play.  You play by yourself or with multiple people at your machine.  The results get uploaded to the server, and other machine and player results get downloaded to yours.  Server is the hub to collect and distribute this info.  At the end of the tournament span, top dog on the leaderboard is the winner.

You guys will be the ones to tell me what course you want, how long you want the tournament to go on for, etc.  I work for you hahahahaha.  STP or anybody can start a poll asking for votes.  Oh I can also set the difficulty for a tournament.  Even if your machine is set on 2 for example.  I can say that for the tournament the level will be 3 or 4.  Whatever you want.  You guys are the boss :-)

96p993

• Offline Offline
« Reply #724 on: December 18, 2014, 08:13:29 pm »
So will we be able to create players once the card deal is done? It would be cool to figure out how to give virtual prizes like I think they did when the servers were up. I know there was a ton of stuff the players could get just like Golden Tee does

boostinallovryou

« Reply #725 on: December 18, 2014, 08:25:19 pm »
Yes, you will be able to create and customize your player once you get your card and card reader.

As for prizes that would be a cool thing.  The problem is GVR paid for the prizes with the money they received from the operators.  For each tournament played GVR would receive X % of the game cost.  So for example right now the test tournament is $4.00  With a 50/50 split GVR would make $2 per play.  Well since this server is free we don't have a way to pay for the prizes unless we all decided to kick a little something into a pool.  A little beer money or something.

I better follow that statement up with a......."The statement above was just an example only.  Nobody on this forum is proposing gambling or would ever partake in gambling as that is illegal." :-)

96p993

• Offline Offline
« Reply #726 on: December 18, 2014, 08:29:59 pm »
I was actually talking about virtual prizes...clothes for our players, shoes, balls, etc..

If we can get enough I wonder if we could get a season together...

boostinallovryou

« Reply #727 on: December 18, 2014, 08:35:03 pm »
Ohhhhhhhh, my bad.  I actually haven't played PGA since Champ 3.  Back then there wasn't any customization like there is today.  If a virtual prize was awarded to a winner back when GVR ran the tournaments then there should not be any reason why this server couldn't do it either.  Once I get my cards I'll be able to work on this section and understand more.  Plus I'll be able to finally play some games :-)

96p993

• Offline Offline
« Reply #728 on: December 18, 2014, 08:41:26 pm »
I wouldnt say money just yet...Still a lot of learning to do with this game

Im excited to see what you find when you can really get into the system and what all can be used by all on and off a tournament...

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2023, 07:55:31 am
« Reply #729 on: December 19, 2014, 03:15:48 am »
Can't wait to get home and join in however my test rig doesn't have a card reader either urghh n not easy to find her in Australia! I guess I might have to wait till Boost figures out the all access pass as that's my main machine with a card reader.

In regards to virtual player gear, team challenge used to unlock all this added player gear through the world tour option in the game Boost. Would be great to be able to get this virtual gear or even the world tour game up and running again to then unlock all this cool customisable stuff for our players.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 03:17:24 am by Spitfire »

96p993

• Offline Offline
« Reply #730 on: December 19, 2014, 08:15:42 am »
spit you give the man a challenge it seems he finds a way to make it work...

I will keep an eye out for another reader as I found my online

dahupshee

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2015, 07:54:05 pm
« Reply #731 on: December 19, 2014, 10:02:49 pm »
Hey guys, been out of the loop for awhile. See you guys have been making some great progress. I have a Team Challenge (without all access) and tried to log on to the server tonight. The patch appeared to work fine. The issue I'm having is that I have a cabinet ID (15000) but under that it says unregistered. When I try to follow the steps to log on to the tournaments, it gives me a 5209 error saying that my cabinet needs to be unregistered before registering but there is no button/item choice for me to pick to unregister??? Any help?

boostinallovryou

« Reply #732 on: December 19, 2014, 10:07:13 pm »
After 96's registration i think i found a small bug.  Before you attempt to register let me address it.  Ill write back probably tonight with the "all clear".

To unregister the button is the last one in the connection menu.  Same menu that has force call.  Think it says disconnect from tournament or something like that.

dahupshee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #733 on: December 19, 2014, 10:31:10 pm »
Appreciate it. If there's anything that I can do to help, don't hesitate to ask.

On another note, I have a card reader installed on the machine but it has never worked. I just took it out and when I plug it into my computer it  recognizes a USB input device. The model is a Xico 7101USB.  Any thoughts?

Sorry for all the questions after just getting back. Really hoping to play online with the rest of you!

boostinallovryou

« Reply #734 on: December 19, 2014, 10:51:18 pm »
Glad you are joining us.  The more people, the more fun and competitive it is.  Ill get that bug fixed tonight.  As for the card reader that is not the same model as what i have.  Mine identified itself as a sct-ii sdk device.  Does your reader have two lights on front?

dahupshee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #735 on: December 19, 2014, 10:57:40 pm »
I think that cabinet I have was upgraded from an older version. I do not have any LED lights and believe that I have the magnetic card reader from the older machines. CRAP! Let me know if it's possible to get a hold of the newer reader. Also, if anyone can do anything with the reader that I have, let me know and you can have it.

boostinallovryou

« Reply #736 on: December 19, 2014, 11:21:31 pm »
The software expects the reader to be a smartcard style as your player info is stored on it.  I have three new style readers.  As soon as my cards come in let me make sure they all work and ill give you one.  You only need to pay the cost of shipping.

In the future if readers become an issue i can source replacements.

boostinallovryou

« Reply #737 on: December 19, 2014, 11:23:34 pm »
Spitfire that reminds me, the reader is only held in by four carriage bolts and one usb connection.  Just "borrow" the one from your all access pass for your team challenge :-)

dahupshee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #738 on: December 19, 2014, 11:43:30 pm »
Thanks boost, that would be greatly appreciated. I can pay for the reader as well as shipping so just let me know.

I've been messing with the machine and absolutely cannot find out where/how to unregister this thing!! I've posted screen shots.

boostinallovryou

« Reply #739 on: December 20, 2014, 12:32:21 am »
Your machine is unregistered.  The problem is your machine is trying to register as the same cabinet id as 96.  This is because the server is failing to correct the cabinet id during registration.  This is the bug i was mentioning.  Hang tight until i fix it.  Then you can register again and everything will be good.

96p993

• Offline Offline
« Reply #740 on: December 20, 2014, 01:34:41 am »
Boost if I need to do anything on my side just let me know...

Was hoping to get my card reader from USPS today but I think it will be tomorrow...Nothing like taking 6 days for 2 day priority!!

boostinallovryou

« Reply #741 on: December 20, 2014, 02:32:19 am »
So i just finished a round of debugging and got the 5209 error myself.  Its actually because there is an active cabinet entry lurking in one of the tables.  I will need to roll another version of the patcher cd to fix this.  Wont have it ready till tomorrow.  But good news is i see the same issue and can fix it.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #742 on: December 20, 2014, 04:04:05 am »
Boost you are a legend mate is there anything you can't get going. Glad to see more players are joining us and weeding out any issues. Home soon and will be hitting the tournament soon. Yes not hard to pull card reader from machine but would rather find another as would love both systems running properly.

boostinallovryou

« Reply #743 on: December 20, 2014, 05:15:23 am »
Thanks spitfire, I'll tell you though, if i was half as good talking to my wife as i am talking to computers my life would be sooooo much easier hahaha.

So i dove back in for another round of testing.  Learned a lot!!  First of all got that bug fixed.  That was bigger than i thought.  Learned i need to add a bit more logic to the patcher cd.  No prob, version 0.3 will be here tomorrow.  Also learned you MUST have free play off or else you cannot play a tournament or world tour.  Also jotted down the courses available so i could see which ones are missing and the server has to enable.

Now....this part here deserves its own paragraph.  Looks like we might not need players cards!  I went to play a tournament and it gave me the option to swipe my card OR login with player name and card number.  I think the cabinet caches the local player config and also uploads it to the server.  That means i think i could create a base entry for everybody, push all of us to the cabinets via server, and you can login and modify.  No card needed!  Im going to investigate further.......after a new patcher, push my bug fixes to server, and start a new tournament :-)

boostinallovryou

« Reply #744 on: December 20, 2014, 02:28:09 pm »
Here is the link to the new patcher 0.3:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j16ag4he9k7xg8a/PGA_Patcher_v03.iso?dl=0

96 you do not need to do anything, you are ok.  Dahupshee and everybody else from this point forward need to use 0.3  So Dahupshee just burn this cd image and execute it the same way you did 0.2.  After that you will be able to register.  That is in about 10 minutes after I update the server.  By the time you get this message, download the image, burn it, execute it, the server will be ready for you.

96p993

• Offline Offline
« Reply #745 on: December 20, 2014, 03:06:33 pm »
Hey boost...Im wondering about the bonus course that showed up when we registered or called in ow whatever the trigger was. Do you know anything about it? Why/how it shows up? Can this be done with other courses?

boostinallovryou

« Reply #746 on: December 20, 2014, 03:22:20 pm »
Funny you should mention the other courses :-)    i just got done analyzing which ones are missing and what to do to enable them.   It's going to take some work so probably a week or two since the holidays are here.   But i pretty much have it figured out.

The reason the bonus course exists is because it is built into the game to appear or disappear.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #747 on: December 20, 2014, 04:29:39 pm »
I'm hearin ya Boost about the Mrs if only they were computers life would be a whole lot more easier however woman definitely are not logical! Ha ha.

Lots being worked out which is great. So as it stands no need for my system it seems to run the new patcher? Also must turn freeplay off for tournaments to work. You mentioned world tour, once you turn free play off will this also be able to be played?

Also if ur player is stored on the server also would be great to be able to bypass the card readers however to use ur own designed player I would think you would need the card reader at least once? Is that correct??

boostinallovryou

« Reply #748 on: December 20, 2014, 05:13:00 pm »
You are so correct, women are the furthest thing from logical hahaha!

Since you already registered one time before i think you will need to run the 0.3 patcher to clear up one of the tables before you register again.  I think i am missing something in my unregistration code.  Better to be safe.

Yes, once you disable free play world tour will be available to you.  I confirmed that myself last night.

I dont think a card will be necessary to store custom created player.  I see the huge customization field in the database for each player.   The card would be necessary if you played at a new location as that machine would not have your info cached.  Since we control the server i can propagate all of our info to each of the registered machines.  That way it is cached and waiting for you.  Otherwise the cabinet would need a card to get the info onto the cab the first time.

boostinallovryou

« Reply #749 on: December 20, 2014, 05:17:06 pm »
Btw, no matter what happens with the login stuff, I'm still going to support cards.  It's much faster to just swipe a card.  Just giving another option for people without cards or card readers.

dahupshee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #750 on: December 20, 2014, 05:19:59 pm »
Just gave it a try and unfortunately I got some type of exception error. It did go to the black screen and did it's thing until the end. It froze the computer. I rebooted it anyway and went through to try to register but got the same 5209 error. I tried to install the patch again and got the same error. Here's a pic but not sure you're going to be able to see it. Says "Application has generated an exception that could not be handled"

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #751 on: December 20, 2014, 05:22:02 pm »
If you can play world tour Boost it's in this format that virtual player stuff was given n courses unlocked on machines as you progressed through the tour. The further you get the more stuff you unlocked. Ha ha ha can't wait to get home n try it out. Next holiday i will be taking my portable machine with me ha ha ha

boostinallovryou

« Reply #752 on: December 20, 2014, 05:23:31 pm »
See.....that is what i get for being sloppy and not testing my code.  It was a simple addition but obviously i missed something.  My apologies,  don't use 0.3 until i fix this and release 0.3a.

dahupshee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #753 on: December 20, 2014, 05:35:46 pm »
No worries man. Happens all the time BUT I only got one blank CD left!!! :-) I haven't burned CD's for years and was fortunate to find the 3 that I had! They were covered in dust in the bottom of a bin of old CD's and DVD's. Amazing how things have changed, used to burn 3-4 a day. I'll run out and get some more if I have to. Appreciate all your hard work!!

boostinallovryou

« Reply #754 on: December 20, 2014, 07:25:07 pm »
Completely understand about the cd's.   I have 0 left.  But i found the mistake.   Had an extra comma in my sql statement.

Here is 0.3a
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mt9m9q2086sacbr/PGA_Patcher_v03a.iso?dl=0

dahupshee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #755 on: December 20, 2014, 08:38:16 pm »
Damn boost, you the man. No problems with the latest patch. Went through all the steps no issue. Got a new course for non-tournament play as well. When I tried to go to the tournament I didn't have a players card so wasn't sure what I should do. There was an option to "login" as well but didn't want to screw anything up. If you need me to do something to test further, just let me know.

Can't thank you enough for all your work. It's pretty amazing. Not sure if you can do this with other games but you should consider crowd funding something as I think that there are a lot of people out there that would get one of these machines if they new they could get online and compete against other people. I know I would donate and you definitely deserve to put something in your pocket for all your work. Thanks again and keep up the good work and please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.

csnow

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2023, 10:30:54 am
« Reply #756 on: December 20, 2014, 09:28:26 pm »
I am going to dismantle this Championship III cabinet and tower.  If anyone needs anything, PM me.  I have no idea what any of these parts go for so I will just go on the honor system. 

Chris

Slimonce

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 15, 2022, 06:02:55 pm
« Reply #757 on: December 21, 2014, 01:22:50 am »
im in.  wireless. 
Was able to create my own player which i couldnt do before.  Kudos Boost!!!!

96p993

• Offline Offline
« Reply #758 on: December 21, 2014, 08:48:52 am »
Hey Boost, any reason I need to do the patch again? I got my  card reader yesterday  (nothing like 6 day (2 day Priority) shipping!!! Waiting on a card to arrive but I finally didnt get the no card reader screen.

boostinallovryou

« Reply #759 on: December 21, 2014, 12:11:30 pm »
96, no you do not need to run 0.3a, you are locked in and ready to go.

Slim, that is awesome that you are registered and already have a player created.  Glad you joined us.  The more people the better.

Dahupshee, I did this server for a myriad of reasons.  The biggest reason of course was because it didn't exist.  The second being I'm so sick of companies nickeling and dimeing people to death.  This is made for us private home use guys and girls to not have to go to a bar and spend a ton of money just to get some friendly competition.  Sometimes we can't even make it to a bar because of family or whatever.   If i charged people i would be no better than them.  Plus this is fun to me.  No pressure,  no schedule, just me against the machine.  I'm glad you are appreciative of the work that has gone in to this so far.  That is thanks enough.  Do i have plans to do this for other games you asked?  The answer.........yes :-)  Time will bring more announcements.   For now still lots of work to do on this one.

Everybody, So there is still work for me to do.  I need to write the logic to capture everybodies tournament play and update the leaderboard.  Right now i don't have a tournament running.  I planned to start another test one when i get my cards.  Should be Monday.   I hope!