Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: JukeBox Elo 19" monitor ., Is this Monitor GOOD ??? Need advice  (Read 2891 times)

Tha_liks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2013, 05:41:37 pm
ELO TouchSystems 1928L - 19" LCD Touch Monitor

Says its mainly made for the medical field ... Would this be good for a jukebox , running windows xp or 7 and using ETOUCH / Freeboxjukebox.com ???

The monitor is used, would it be plug and play? or would need to find drivers to communicate the computer with the Monitor?

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2023, 01:19:48 pm
  • Plodding Through Life
Re: JukeBox Elo 19" monitor ., Is this Monitor GOOD ??? Need advice
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 03:35:32 pm »
It should be fine, the elo drivers are easy enough to come by, Do you know if the unit uses USB or serial to interface with the PC? It seems that there are a number of different options for the touchscreen component of the monitor.   As for the monitor itself, 1280x1024 with a 178Degree viewing angle should be all good.

http://www.elotouch.com/products/lcds/1928LM/default.asp

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:23:31 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 08:16:18 pm »
ELO makes very good monitors, I have the 17" version of this monitor at my workstation as a tester. Only problems i have come across with them  are with the inverters for the backlights going. they run kinda hot and fail, but they are generic enough to replace. consider keeping plenty of air moving around to keep temps down. Properly cooled units have run forever units stuffed into

the touchscreen is likely SAW technology so you need to keep liquids out of it. Windex your cloth then wipe the screen DO NOT SPRAY IT DIRECTLY otherwise the reflectors get crud in them and the touches don't register properly (it's a reflected sensor technology)

if you spill wobbly pop in it you will need to COMPLETELY disassemble the monitor to clean it. It's not a fun job and can take an hour or more. The touchscreen is ridiculously buried.

most ELO screens come with USB controllers...some with BOTH serial and USB. Older smaller (15"/17") touchscreens where usually serial. since this is a 19 it's likely got USB.

There is always the off chance someone custom ordered the screen for a particular purpose, ELO monitors came with 3 different touch technologies I think (SAW, Resistive and acoustic)... and your choice of serial, USB or both. if that's the case it could be any combination.

toeknee1973

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2017, 09:24:13 pm
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 09:50:58 am »
very nice touchscreen, and ELO is very durable and dependale ... i usually use the 15" or 17" but a 19" would be very nice. I'm wanting to use a  bigger screen myself too :)