Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: AimTrak-Converting a Namco Recoil Gun  (Read 69630 times)

FrenchGamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2019, 11:48:17 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: AimTrak-Converting a Namco Recoil Gun
« Reply #360 on: January 11, 2019, 11:48:17 am »
Hello! Nobody can help me  :-[?

You will need the kit that you linked to (the camera module, sensor bar and trigger buttons)

You will not need a PSU unless you want to have recoil, If you want recoil you will need the recoil solenoid and a PSU.

As for installing it in your gun I have no idea sorry.
Thanks you, but I think I Can use the solenoid and the PSU of my Jolt Gun and not buy another? That I understood  :-\

Yeah that's right. I just did this last night with my jolt gun using the instructions on page 8 of this thread.
I'll do a proper write up in a day or so but some points of note.

I used option 1 and took route 3b. It took me 4 hours with 2 of us.
There was more plastic cutting than I expected but we managed to cut it to hold the board without the need for glue!
Everything is a really tight fit!
The soldering on the board is very tiny. you'll want some experience and a steady hand.
My PS1 cable colours didn't match any of the other people in this thread but the positions of the +ve and Ground wires was the same on the PS board.

Pod

P.s Cheers to everyone in this thread!

Hi Podbod!

Thank you, I hope you will soon offer us your proper write up, I would surely find answers to my questions in it.

Now I have the complet box Jolt Gun, and the aimtrak pack

https://www.ultimarc.com/aimtrak_module.html

And if you can make some pictures of your custom Jolt gun, it will be so nice! thank you for all!

Bojo5150

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 12, 2019, 12:02:24 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: AimTrak-Converting a Namco Recoil Gun
« Reply #361 on: April 27, 2019, 09:58:21 am »
Question for the group...

I have 2 AimTrak recoil guns on my cabinet and I recently picked up a “named” Namco knockoff in hopes to convert it to an  AimTrak with the Namco solenoid. I’ve read this entire thread and it seems like it’s a rather difficult conversion for someone with no knowledge of DC circuitry.

My question is, can I not simply disconnect the AimTrak solenoid wires to the Namco solenoid wires and the AimTrak trigger wires to the Namco trigger?

All help is very much appreciated!