Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: "Coin Art" (Updated 2018)  (Read 14286 times)

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Plodding Through Life
Re: "Coin Art" (Updated 2018)
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2018, 03:22:59 pm »
LED Blinky should work with the LED Wiz and will probably assist you massively in setting everything up.  Ideally you want a front end that LED Blinky will easily work in conjunction with along with relevant emulators for various systems.  Basically from here on in it is down to software configuration and that is going to involve a lot of trial/error and Much Google-fu.

jimfath

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • IT consultant
« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2018, 05:32:50 pm »
So the guy building it wasn't able to get the lights working at all. He could not figure out LED Blinky and his brand of maximus. He then had some other projects come up so we both decided that it would be best if he just delivered the cabinet to me without it completely working. It's just sitting in my kitchen.

He's got it running maximus but the MAME emulator doesn't work, Daphne doesn't work well, and the cabinet still needs to be wired for lighting and the marquee.
I'm bummed but the machine closer than ever at the same time.

I'm sort of at a cross road. I'm considering blowing up the HDD and trying to run hyperspin or reinstall a better version of Maximus perhaps.  But I'm at a loss for time to dedicate to what it would probably take to do something like that. I've sent out feelers to people that sell HDD's on ebay preloaded with hyperspin to see if they are able to work on the pc. There are a lot in SO CAL so i'm going to try my luck there.

@jimfath

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2018, 08:04:46 pm »
Have you considered a pi?

JudgeRob

• Offline Offline
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,149265.120.html
« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2018, 09:44:17 pm »
Just watch a youtube video or two and install Hyperspin yourself.  Hell, if I can do it, anyone can!

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
    • Bella's Arcade
« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2018, 09:50:37 pm »
Just watch a youtube video or two and install Hyperspin yourself.  Hell, if I can do it, anyone can!

+1.  Honestly, YouTube can teach you anything if you are willing to put in the time.

luizw81

• Online Online
  • I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.
« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2018, 10:18:43 pm »

+1.  Honestly, YouTube can teach you anything if you are willing to put in the time.
True dat!  I did my complete Hyperspin build all from Simple Austin's videos and the Hyperspin forums.

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using Tapatalk

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31