Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Questions about the X Arcade  (Read 852 times)

_JMFR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2009, 01:54:50 am
Questions about the X Arcade
« on: January 06, 2009, 10:53:36 pm »
after much MUCH thought, ive decided to purchase the X arcade tank stick. im new to mame so i figured it would be the best introduction. my question is...Is there a way to connect multiple systems at once? i was wanting to run it into a computer, but i was also wanting to run my dreamcast and possibly xbox. i know about the encoders, just curious about connecting multiple systems....also if its possible...it there a way to wire up a switch to switch between them? 

thanx to anyone who can help!

severdhed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 07, 2022, 04:45:32 pm
  • RIP Dinosaur Hippo
Re: Questions about the X Arcade
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 12:51:35 am »
unless they changed the xarcade since i bought mine a few years ago...it uses 9pin serial cables to connect from the encoder to the adapter that you wish to use.  so therefor you can use a serial port switch box to switch between them...something like this:

http://store.pchcables.com/ab4waydb9ser.html

i used a 2port device, because i was only switching between a PC and a dreamcast, but if you have more consoles, then you need more ports....then it is just a matter of turning the knob to switch between them...it works very well.  i ordered mine from PCH cables and was very happy with their service and their prices.
(dont forget to order cables as well)
Current Projects:      Zak-Man | TMNT Pedestal | SNES Pi | N64 Odroid
Former Projects:     4 Player Showcase | Donkey Kong | iCade

MameMaster!

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 02, 2020, 11:01:15 pm
  • Engage number one!
    • Mame Invaders!
Re: Questions about the X Arcade
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 01:19:57 pm »
I did the same and have the same exact switcher. Works great.   ;)
Seriously. Will it fit in my basement or what?