Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: TouchMaster for the DS  (Read 1012 times)

RTSDaddy2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2014, 08:28:03 pm
  • Bees! Oh bother!
TouchMaster for the DS
« on: July 02, 2007, 11:34:08 am »
Boy I hate sounding like a Nintendo fanboy so much these days...but for those of you who liked Puzzle Quest, and or ClubHouse Games, this new collection by Midway for Nintendo might interest you also.

There are several card games, but also two Yahtzee styled games, as well as Trivia, a Wheel of Fortune styled game, Word Search,  a Columns styled game called Crystal Ball (I believe).  It would take a while to list all the games here, there are quite a number of them!

While the graphics are average (let's be honest, there's nothing that will sit up and make you go "OOOO"),  the ease of gameplay is second to none and is addictive as heck.  It is exactly what it says it is: a collection of games making the most of the touch pad. 

The interesting part again is the Wi-Fi aspect.  There is a tournament mode, which I have not gotten into, for example.  Also, I have not confirmed this but on the official site from Miday there is a place for the user to register for "updates."  That makes me wonder if they are planning to periodically update the database of trivia, word search, etc. questions.

I know some of you DS folk on here are into puzzle type games - thought I'd let you know.  Like I said, simple graphics, but incredibly addictive gameplay.

RTSDaddy2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2014, 08:28:03 pm
  • Bees! Oh bother!
Re: TouchMaster for the DS
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 09:05:40 am »
Couple things, to the negative (after several more days playing, and to give a fair review):

- the sound / music score won't necessarily light you on fire either, but it's ok I suppose.

- the truly irritating: I post my high score by connecting to Nintendo Wifi, whereupon posting it does not show me my ranking, but rather cuts me off.  Then it takes me to another screen where I have to again sign on to Wifi to see my rank among daily scores....then cuts me off and takes me back to the main menu, where I have to connect again to see the world score ranks.  What the heck were they thinking?

- On occasion, on word search, I have circled a word, only to have it not register.  As these are timed games, this is a problem.

Truth be told, if you want to see the ranks it's twice as easy to go to Midway's site for the same and just look at the rankings there.