Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: WOW New LightGUN Info !!! Woot!!! :)  (Read 407869 times)

Fozzy The Bear

• Handbags at dawn in here!!!
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2011, 11:29:59 am
  • It's Been One Of Those Days... Don't Ask!
Re: WOW New LightGUN Info !!! Woot!!! :)
« Reply #1160 on: February 20, 2006, 09:06:51 am »
Could a power failure have killed my gun? is that possible? because I had a power failure before the gun stopped working, on the other hand, I've had this issue before just by restarting the computer so I can't be sure that is the cause...

Will my gun come back to life this time?  :'(

Why didn't you mention that in the first place.... It might have saved time... What sort of power falure are you talking about?? If you mean the computer lost all power, then that's unlikely to have fried anything.

If on the other hand you're talking about a major power spike, then it could be your computer that has fried and not just the gun.

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)
Most bottles and jars contain at least twenty-five percent recycled Pacman.
And research indicates that Space Invaders are strongly attracted to people who have recently eaten meat pies.

Fozzy The Bear

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1161 on: February 20, 2006, 09:10:49 am »
Hey guys!
I've gun my gun, and it's working perfectly!!  I just have one small question...  What should I be doing to get off screen loading to work?  I've been following this thread since day one and tried everything I could think of, but I still can't get it to work. 

I believe a lot of people have had a problem with this.... I personally couldn't really care if it works or not. I've got re-loading set to the button on the front of the handgrip.... Button C I think.....

I haven't managed to get off screen loading to work at all, I believe this may be because the driver doesn't actually recognise when the gun is off screen and thinks that it's just sitting at the edge of the screen. This may get fixed if you send a mail to EMS. The more people that tell them about it the better.

If you want it to feel like off screen reloading then just point the gun off screen and hit button C instead of the trigger.

Off screen reload is supposed to be supported in Wingun. But if the EMS driver is working for you I strongly recommend that you stick with it. It will improve in subsequent releases.

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 09:16:42 am by Fozzy The Bear »
And research indicates that Space Invaders are strongly attracted to people who have recently eaten meat pies.

darthbane2k

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 30, 2009, 04:54:06 am
  • Built the cab, just need the time to play!
« Reply #1162 on: February 20, 2006, 09:21:03 am »
Hey guys!
I've gun my gun, and it's working perfectly!!  I just have one small question...  What should I be doing to get off screen loading to work?  I've been following this thread since day one and tried everything I could think of, but I still can't get it to work. 

I believe a lot of people have had a problem with this.... I personally couldn't really care if it works or not. I've got re-loading set to the button on the front of the handgrip.... Button C I think.....

I haven't managed to get off screen loading to work at all, I believe this may be because the driver doesn't actually recognise when the gun is off screen and thinks that it's just sitting at the edge of the screen. This may get fixed if you send a mail to EMS. The more people that tell them about it the better.

If you want it to feel like off screen reloading then just point the gun off screen and hit button C instead of the trigger.

Off screen reload is supposed to be supported in Wingun. But if the EMS driver is working for you I strongly recommend that you stick with it. It will improve in subsequent releases.

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

I had an issue with reloading on Area 51.
Off screen reloading works for me on PC gun games using the wingun driver.. however it doesnt work on mame for me.
So using area 51 as an example, what button describes 'shoot offscreen'? and what button on the dip switch settings corresponds to the reload function?

Fozzy The Bear

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1163 on: February 20, 2006, 09:29:45 am »
Hey guys!

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

Off screen reloading works for me on PC gun games using the wingun driver.. however it doesnt work on mame for me.
So using area 51 as an example, what button describes 'shoot offscreen'? and what button on the dip switch settings corresponds to the reload function?

Damned fine question!! ermmmm PASS!  I haven't played Area 51 yet... Maybe you can figure it out and post the solution.

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

ErikRuud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2021, 10:20:27 am
  • I'll build a cab for only 99.99.99!!!
    • Erik's humble video game page
« Reply #1164 on: February 20, 2006, 09:46:28 am »
OK, I got the zip file uploaded to http://www.a-ruud-awakening.com/arcade/index.php?n=Site.AmLasGames

I still want to add a little more error checking and I'm not entirely happy with the way I have it exiting.  The games eeem to be ignoring the winkill and wiclose commands.  I'll probably add some logging as well.

For now it does what we need.

Here is the text from the readme.

ALGLaunch  Vesrion 0.9

This is a wrapper program for launching the American Laser Games from Digital Leisure.

The program runs in a command line mode and can be used just like an emulator with a rom.  Configuration options are stored in the ALGLaunch.ini file.

The command line is as follows.

ALGLaunch <Game>

<game> must match a section header in the .ini file.  You must use quotes around the <game> parameter if your section headers contain spaces.

The .ini file must contain a section for each game that you wish to run.  A sample section is shown below.

[MadDog]
executable="MDM.exe"
directory="D:\Program Files\MadDog\"
window="Mad Dog McCree"
reload="D:\Program Files\MadDog\dryFire.wav"

The section header can contain any text you wish between the brackets.

executable is the name of the games executable. The <game> parameter must match the teext between the brackets.

directory is the full path to the games folder.  Include the trailing back-slash.

window is the text that appears in the title bar of the games initial window.

reload is the full path to a wav file that you wish to use as a relod sound.  It should be "no" if you do not wish to use a reload sound.

When executed the ALGLauncher starts the requested game, activates the window, sends a lower case "f" keystroke to switch the game to full screen, sends a lower case "r" to turn of the auto moving of the cursor when reloading the gun.  The wrapper then monitors for right-mouse clicks to play the reload sound.

Hitting the Escape key will exit the game and the wrapper.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 03:28:40 pm by ErikRuud »
Real Life.  Still a poor substitute for video games!       
American Laser Games Wrapper
O2em Rom Utility

darthtron

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 01, 2006, 01:56:00 pm
« Reply #1165 on: February 20, 2006, 09:50:21 am »
I am writing a program that displays a gun sight at the position of the mouse cursor, this is because I want to be able to look at an on screen gun sight for reference where my shots will go.

House of the Dead 2 and 3 already have this, however games like House of the Dead 1, Virtua Cop 1 and 2, and every game on the ePSXe emulation (Time Crisis, Point Blank) need to be played with The Troubleshooter, in which case there is no gun sight tracking the mouse.

I was wondering if anyone else would find this useful? in which case I'll make it more user friendly and release it.

i would find this extremely useful for when i eventually get a light gun for the pc. Heck i was just going to change the mouse cursor arrow/pointer into a crosshair shaped pointer/cursor, but i think this is a much better idea!!!

Tiger-Heli

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2018, 02:19:23 pm
  • Ron Howard? . . . er, I mean . . . Run, Coward!!!
    • Tiger-Heli
« Reply #1166 on: February 20, 2006, 10:34:04 am »
MAME Analog Plus had this for the Act-Labs gun since 0.65.2 - http://www.urebelscum.speedhost.com/feature.html

Does this not work in regular MAME?  Does it not work in Analog Plus with the LCD TopGun???
It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's what you leave behind you when you go. - R. Travis.
When all is said and done, generally much more is SAID than DONE.

Tiger-Heli

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2018, 02:19:23 pm
  • Ron Howard? . . . er, I mean . . . Run, Coward!!!
    • Tiger-Heli
« Reply #1167 on: February 20, 2006, 10:44:29 am »
Added it to MikeQ's "Things to do" list at the PowerMAME wiki - http://powermame.joymonkey.com/pmwiki.php?n=Main.HomePage
It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's what you leave behind you when you go. - R. Travis.
When all is said and done, generally much more is SAID than DONE.

roylazarovich

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2006, 06:54:04 pm
  • Proud ownder of an LCD TopGun
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #1168 on: February 20, 2006, 10:45:06 am »
Why didn't you mention that in the first place.... It might have saved time... What sort of power falure are you talking about?? If you mean the computer lost all power, then that's unlikely to have fried anything.

If on the other hand you're talking about a major power spike, then it could be your computer that has fried and not just the gun.

Hi Fozzy.

There was no power for the entire house, not just the computer, the gun was not in use at the time but was connected to the USB port, my computer has a box that is connected to the mains power and than splits into four sockets (don't know what it's called in english) it prevents damage to the computer from power spikes by shutting it down when the power is not stable, so hopefully it has protected me from this, the computer is not damaged and is working properly ever since.

The gun IS being detected by windows and windows reports that it is working properly in the device manager.

Is there some kind of a program that can tell me if a USB device is working (IE: sending data or accepting data) or if it's dead?

@darthtron
i would find this extremely useful for when i eventually get a light gun for the pc. Heck i was just going to change the mouse cursor arrow/pointer into a crosshair shaped pointer/cursor, but i think this is a much better idea!!!

Unfortunately as stated above my gun no longer works, which prevents me from further developing this program, and as you can understand it is currently the least of my worries, if I get this gun working again I'll continue developing it. and just changing the mouse cursor to a crosshair would not help in the case of applications that hide the mouse cursor, such as ePSXe and many others.

MKChamp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2024, 02:45:53 pm
  • Stil around.
« Reply #1169 on: February 20, 2006, 11:08:12 am »
Hey guys!

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

Damned fine question!! ermmmm PASS!  I haven't played Area 51 yet... Maybe you can figure it out and post the solution.

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

Offscreen reloads are registered as the right mouse button. This is translated by the gun firing when not on a point on the screen. The current EMS drivers can't register this.
Offscreen reload works wonderfully in area52 with the wingun drivers. Also, be sure offscreen reload is set to 1 in your mame ini file.

darthbane2k

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1170 on: February 20, 2006, 11:51:32 am »
Hey guys!

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

Offscreen reloads are registered as the right mouse button. This is translated by the gun firing when not on a point on the screen. The current EMS drivers can't register this.
Offscreen reload works wonderfully in area52 with the wingun drivers. Also, be sure offscreen reload is set to 1 in your mame ini file.

ahh ha!

I think this might be it!

darthbane2k

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1171 on: February 20, 2006, 11:53:54 am »

Hi Fozzy.

There was no power for the entire house, not just the computer, the gun was not in use at the time but was connected to the USB port, my computer has a box that is connected to the mains power and than splits into four sockets (don't know what it's called in english) it prevents damage to the computer from power spikes by shutting it down when the power is not stable, so hopefully it has protected me from this, the computer is not damaged and is working properly ever since.

The gun IS being detected by windows and windows reports that it is working properly in the device manager.

Is there some kind of a program that can tell me if a USB device is working (IE: sending data or accepting data) or if it's dead?

@darthtron

Unfortunately as stated above my gun no longer works, which prevents me from further developing this program, and as you can understand it is currently the least of my worries, if I get this gun working again I'll continue developing it. and just changing the mouse cursor to a crosshair would not help in the case of applications that hide the mouse cursor, such as ePSXe and many others.

is recoil disabled? if not, then try...

darthbane2k

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1172 on: February 20, 2006, 12:20:53 pm »
Hey guys!

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

ahh ha!

I think this might be it!

hmmm didnt work.
for some reason, area 51 only reloads if you pull the trigger multiple times, say 3 or 4 times in a row. shooting off screen or even tapping the right mouse button doesnt work.

anyone know enough about area 51 to sort this?

MKChamp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2024, 02:45:53 pm
  • Stil around.
« Reply #1173 on: February 20, 2006, 01:27:32 pm »
Post your mame.ini settings...

darthbane2k

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1174 on: February 20, 2006, 01:49:55 pm »
The reload problem also applies to LETHAL ENFORCERS 2 - no matter what I press ,NOTHING reloads

### global-only options ###

rompath G:\Emulation\Mame32\roms;roms
samplepath samples
inipath ini
cfg_directory cfg
nvram_directory nvram
memcard_directory memcard
input_directory inp
hiscore_directory hi
state_directory sta
artwork_directory artwork
snapshot_directory snap
diff_directory diff
cheat_file cheat.dat
ctrlr_directory ctrlr

### default game options ###

autoframeskip 0
frameskip 0
waitvsync 0
triplebuffer 1
window 0
ddraw 1
hwstretch 1
resolution auto
refresh 0
scanlines 0
switchres 0
switchbpp 0
maximize 1
keepaspect 1
matchrefresh 0
syncrefresh 0
throttle 1
full_screen_brightness 1.
frames_to_run 0
effect none
screen_aspect 4:3
cleanstretch auto
zoom 2
d3d 0
d3dtexmanage 1
d3dfilter 1
d3deffect auto
d3dprescale auto
d3deffectrotate 1
d3dscan 100
d3dfeedback 100
mouse 0
joystick 0
a2d 0.3
steadykey 0
lightgun 1
dual_lightgun 0
offscreen_reload 1
ctrlr xarcade
lightgun_device lightgun
brightness 1.
pause_brightness 0.65
norotate 0
ror 0
rol 0
autoror 0
autorol 0
flipx 0
flipy 0
gamma 1.
antialias 1
translucency 1
beam 1.
flicker 0.
intensity 1.5
samplerate 44100
samples 1
sound 1
volume 0
audio_latency 1
artwork 1
backdrop 1
overlay 1
bezel 1
artwork_crop 0
artres 0
cheat 0
debug 0
log 0
sleep 0
rdtsc 0
leds 0
led_mode ps/2
high_priority 0
skip_gameinfo 1
bios 0
autosave 0

Cananas

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2017, 07:39:03 am
  • and the seventh day... PacMan was created
« Reply #1175 on: February 20, 2006, 02:14:08 pm »
The reload problem also applies to LETHAL ENFORCERS 2 - no matter what I press ,NOTHING reloads

Those games (Lethal Enforcers 1 and 2) have a bug . If you can reload, you must point to the right-down edge and press the trigger. It's not easy (I do it) and many people thinks is impossible.

roylazarovich

• Offline Offline
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #1176 on: February 20, 2006, 02:18:05 pm »
@darthbane2k
I am not using recoil.

Anyone got any ideas or should I give the gun proper burial?

darthbane2k

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1177 on: February 20, 2006, 02:40:50 pm »
Another problem game - golly ghost.

can anyone see any backgrounds when playing this thing?

Fozzy The Bear

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1178 on: February 20, 2006, 02:43:07 pm »
Hi Fozzy.

OK we can rule out the PC or the Gun being fried.....

If it's being detected by windows then it is working... This IS a drivers issue.

The first thing to try, is uninstall ALL gun drivers and reboot your machine with the gun disconnected. Then connect the gun to the USB port.  If it gets detected as new hardware and windows installs what appears to be a driver, then the drivers have not been fully uninstalled.

Check the device manager and see if it has been detected, if it has and it seems to be installed, you want to take note of the driver files it seems to be using then go delete them manually!!

This whole failure thing IS a result of the numerous different times you've installed different drivers.   There really is no doubt from what you've described that this is a drivers problem.

The difficulty is getting rid of them..... You may find that the only way to get a properly clean system is to re-install windows itself. I know that's painful news but it may be the only way.

If anyone else wants to chime in with an alternate suggestion please help him out!

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 02:44:47 pm by Fozzy The Bear »

Fozzy The Bear

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1179 on: February 20, 2006, 02:47:28 pm »
OK, I got the zip file uploaded to http://erikruud.freeservers.com/arcade/ALGLaunch.zip

That's cool Erik!! I'll give it try later today...  ;D

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

roylazarovich

• Offline Offline
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #1180 on: February 20, 2006, 02:58:13 pm »
Thanks Fozzy.

I've already tried several times to un-install and re-install the drivers, when Windows detects the gun it will not automatically install a driver and will display the Found New Hardware Wizard, however (and this might be the issue) it will always detect it as a GunCon2 Device, this has been the case ever since I've installed Smog's driver, it seems his driver changes something in Windows to always detect the hardware as one belonging to his driver and by default it will look for his drivers even though they are no longer on the system.

Do you think this can be the case, has Smog's driver changed something internally in Windows that now causes things not to work?

Thank you very much for the help so far

Flinkly

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2017, 01:14:21 pm
« Reply #1181 on: February 20, 2006, 02:59:09 pm »
it is a driver problem and there are ways to weed out the problem driver files without a whole windows redo, but you could delete the necassary files if you don't know what your doing.  it sounds like you might as well try since it's a last resort kinda thing, but beware.  the details were posted earlier in this thread on how to get rid of all the driver files, since this is a reaccuring problem.

EDIT: since you posted while i was writing, when you uninstall a driver, it sometimes doesn't take everything the driver might have affected.  with these lightgun drivers, it almost never uninstalls changes to your system.  your exactly right when you assume you haven't totally gotten rid of your previous drivers.  and again, this has been talked about earlier in the thread and the solution of going through your windows files and deleting the driver manually has been detailed.

i'd look for it for you but for some reason you can't look at all the posts of this thread at once like you usually can do.  otherwise i'd just do that and search the page.  i think i remember that randyt talked about it.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 03:03:43 pm by Flinkly »

roylazarovich

• Offline Offline
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #1182 on: February 20, 2006, 03:06:21 pm »
Thanks Flinkly, I did do a quick run over this huge thread before but didn't run into the discussion you are talking about, I'll do a search now.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 04:30:06 pm by roylazarovich »

darthbane2k

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1183 on: February 20, 2006, 03:29:22 pm »

locked and loaded is another problem... no response from the gun at all or crosshair

roylazarovich

• Offline Offline
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #1184 on: February 20, 2006, 04:31:21 pm »
Ah... couldn't find anything useful.

I did, however, made a list of all files being installed by the drivers as found on the Driver Detail dialog in the Device Manager, maybe it will be helpful to somebody:

EMS

c:\windows\inf\emslcd.inf
c:\windows\inf\emslcd.pnf
c:\windows\system32\drivers\emslcd.sys

Smog's

c:\windows\system32\drivers\guncon2.sys

Acorn's

c:\windows\system32\drivers\windrvr6.sys
c:\windows\inf\wingun.inf
c:\windows\inf\wingun.pnf

roylazarovich

• Offline Offline
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #1185 on: February 20, 2006, 05:35:46 pm »
Ok, Some progress.

I've been able to clean my system of Smog's driver completely, I've used a program called My Drivers 3.11 (http://www.download.com/My-Drivers/3000-2242_4-10305028.html?tag=lst-0-8) doesn't seem very professional but it did manage to locate an extra file which did not appear in the Driver Detail dialog called oem25.inf in my INF folder (will probably be named differently on each system), once this file was removed Windows no longer detected the gun as a GunCon2 Device.

I've cleaned out the drivers, restarted, ran Registery Mechanic, restarted, and than installed the official drivers, once plugged in the gun was detected as EMS Link Cable and I proceeded to install the driver.

After restart I tried out the gun, and..................... nothing  :-\

Any more ideas?

Fozzy The Bear

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1186 on: February 20, 2006, 05:57:56 pm »
I've cleaned out the drivers, restarted, ran Registery Mechanic, restarted, and than installed the official drivers, once plugged in the gun was detected as EMS Link Cable and I proceeded to install the driver.

After restart I tried out the gun, and..................... nothing  :-\

Any more ideas?

Yes!  Now you've got this far... if you look further up the thread you will find that I have given a link to download some EMS driver files.  The problem with the EMS drivers is that they don't always manage to install the correct ones.  You may have the new 3.0 program with what is actually the old driver.

Installing these driver files manually is the way to go here...

Hang on a mo while I dig the links out.....

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

EDIT:
The way to get it to function, is:

1) Uninstall all other gun drivers. Then install the EMS V3.0 driver.
2) Plug in your gun (without the recoil)
3) Reboot the machine.
4) Go to Control Panel / System / Device Manager
5) You should see that you do NOT have an "HID Device" as "Guncon2" device, If you do then remove that device and refresh to get windows to find the correct EMS driver.
6) Look in USB Devices and you will find something called "EMS Link Cable Device" Check that it does not have a caution against it!! if it does and you have at some time had the previous EMS driver installed, then you will need to manually update the driver.
7) To manually update the driver you will need two files.... I've uploaded these to my web space..
DOWNLOAD THEM TO A FOLDER ON YOUR OWN MACHINE!! DO NOT TRY TO INSTALL THEM DIRECTLY FROM MY WEB SPACE!!!
Right click on these links and select SAVE TARGET AS: (don't change the file names) and make sure you save them both to the same folder and remember the name and location of it.
RIGHT CLICK HERE AND SAVE FILE EMSLCD.sys
RIGHT CLICK HERE AND SAVE FILE Emslcd.inf
8 ) Check the properties on the EMS LCD Link Cable and click Update Driver, When asked for a location for the driver click browse and navigate to the two files you just downloaded. Or click HAVE DISK and navigate to the two files you just downloaded.
9) Tell it OK!  Then when it completes, REBOOT with the gun plugged in!

Everything should now be working properly.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 06:12:27 pm by Fozzy The Bear »

darthbane2k

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1187 on: February 20, 2006, 06:12:04 pm »

okay - golly ghost needs an artwork file. my mame.ini wasnt pointing at my artwork directory. all is fixed now.

roylazarovich

• Offline Offline
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #1188 on: February 20, 2006, 06:27:08 pm »
I updated the driver, the first time Windows told me that it can't find a better match for my hardware, than I clicked Have Disk and selected the drivers and it installed and asked to reboot, but nothing changed...

darthbane2k

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1189 on: February 20, 2006, 06:42:38 pm »
Guys , we have a problem re: Lethal enforcers 1 & 2

info from MAWS:

In le2 is now impossible to reload. The off screen reload area has slowly gotten smaller and smaller through more recent versions of MAME. I shot everywhere along the edge and in no place would it allow a reload of the gun, so the game is unplayable after emptying your first round unless you have cheats on.

Fozzy The Bear

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1190 on: February 20, 2006, 07:04:28 pm »
I updated the driver, the first time Windows told me that it can't find a better match for my hardware, than I clicked Have Disk and selected the drivers and it installed and asked to reboot, but nothing changed...

So the gun still isn't showing any sign of life even after you updated to this driver??  Still won't calibrate?? and the laser doesn't come on when you have it pointing at the LED stands??

If that's the case then I think we really did exhaust the possibilities here...

Really don't know what else to suggest here.

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

Silver

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2024, 10:29:00 am
  • Cunning like the Fox.
    • Mods'n'Mods
« Reply #1191 on: February 20, 2006, 07:04:44 pm »
RE: Offscreen reloading.

As noted above, certain games may have particular reloads methods (eg le2) which prevent them working well.

However, "right mouse" does NOT equal "reload". It may in some games, but thats only if the game has a seperate input for reloading which is being mapped to the right mouse button (and hence may be remapped to anything you want).

Many mame lightgun games only have 1 input for fire, and mame in fact looks for a particular "impossible" co-ordinate. i.e. its a mame workaround.

To quote Smog:

"
1) First button shot
2) Y=MAX
3) X very low (I use 16 normalized on 1-10000 .. .near to zero)"

Smogs driver should send this when you fire offscreen, I do not know about WinGun, EMS definately not. I suggest someone who is in email contact with EMS tell them.

Note this does not apply to non-mame games.

SQrL

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 24, 2014, 02:00:29 pm
  • The Game is Never Over!
« Reply #1192 on: February 20, 2006, 08:29:32 pm »
just who the hell is SQrL ?

I have been PM'd by this '40 post' person,being told NOT to clog up this thread with my problems.

I thought the whole point of this thread now is support between BYOAC'ers in setting this gun up to work with MAME and other gun games.

Because I have a 0.89 romset and cant get lethal enforcers etc (and the other gun games with offset issues) to run on silver's compiled ver of mame, as it runs and cuts off after 10 secs or so. Cant try the latest official version of MAME as the site has been dead for days.
I could replace my entire romset for these few games, but

a) I dont know any burners in the UK

b) I dont see the point in replacing my entire set for a few titles.

As I am 'clogging' the thread  ::) perhaps someone from the UK could PM and point me  in the right direction.

LOL.... cheese n' rice... lets calm down now.

1st let me officially say SORRY  ??? for offending Darthbane2k.
I have posted in this thread, but its soo freakin huge  :P it's become cumbersome to "browse through".  I love the BYOAC community.  You guys are top notch! I read through these forums countless times a day.

I PM'ed Darthbane2k with a suggestion that he take others suggestions here and update his ROM set.  He posted may problems about his .89 set & mame. Fozzy suggested he update.  Then darth posted about a LE1 problem.  Destructor then stated the problem had been corrected in a later version of MAME.  My only point to the PM was that if he was using a later set, it might help eliminate extra posts to this allready Ginormus! (yet useful) thread.  At any rate, sorry to disrupt the the world that is LCD TopGun  :)

On a useful point  ;),  I have had great succes switching between all 3 drivers if I first uninstall each driver (using an unistaller program such as "Your Uninstaller") , and then running Registry Mechanic 5.x to find any orphan registry entries.

Best Wishes too all...
LCD TopGun community rules.   ;D

roylazarovich

• Offline Offline
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #1193 on: February 20, 2006, 08:36:39 pm »
I'll probably have to send it back for a replacement, this is going to cost me the price of the gun just to ship it back...

Thanks for the help, Fozzy, everyone.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 08:44:26 pm by roylazarovich »

SQrL

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 24, 2014, 02:00:29 pm
  • The Game is Never Over!
« Reply #1194 on: February 20, 2006, 08:43:53 pm »
I'll probably have to send it back for a replacement, this is going to cost me the price of the gun just to ship it back...

sorry to hear it, but out of curiosity, would it be cheaper/less frustration to just order a new one? (then you could play dr. frankenstien on your "non-working" gun)

roylazarovich

• Offline Offline
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #1195 on: February 20, 2006, 08:45:09 pm »
No, that would cost me more than twice as much

Sending it back would be around $17, a new gun+shipping would be $47

MacroX

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 09, 2007, 11:27:30 pm
« Reply #1196 on: February 20, 2006, 10:17:59 pm »
without of Recoil, plug and play into other usb port~

Could a power failure have killed my gun? is that possible? because I had a power failure before the gun stopped working, on the other hand, I've had this issue before just by restarting the computer so I can't be sure that is the cause...

Will my gun come back to life this time?  :'(

MacroX

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 09, 2007, 11:27:30 pm
« Reply #1197 on: February 20, 2006, 10:22:28 pm »
it is more perfect if the game can be read the gun port directly,
Don't necessary to call gun2mouse function.

I am writing a program that displays a gun sight at the position of the mouse cursor, this is because I want to be able to look at an on screen gun sight for reference where my shots will go.

House of the Dead 2 and 3 already have this, however games like House of the Dead 1, Virtua Cop 1 and 2, and every game on the ePSXe emulation (Time Crisis, Point Blank) need to be played with The Troubleshooter, in which case there is no gun sight tracking the mouse.

I was wondering if anyone else would find this useful? in which case I'll make it more user friendly and release it.

Silver

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2024, 10:29:00 am
  • Cunning like the Fox.
    • Mods'n'Mods
« Reply #1198 on: February 20, 2006, 10:38:16 pm »
RE: HOTD/Vcop1+2/ePSXe and Hidden/Visible gunsights with the Troubleshooter.

For HOTD, VCop1 and 2, and ePSXe the Trouble shooter has options per-game per-player that let you turn the gun sight off or on. It defaults to hiding the cursor for these games they were added to the PC port to let you play with a mouse.

Goto Control Panel->LightGuns to open the Troubleshooter config. Select the Games tab.

You will see the list of supported games, including ePSXe. Select the game/ePSXe and then hit Properties.

You can turn troubleshooter support on/off for each game, and turn auto-reload/gun sight on or off.

I've never used ePSXe so do not know how well it works. I do not know why you only get Player 1 options for ePSXe in the troubleshooter.

Again it's worth repeating that once installed, the troubleshooter defaults everything to on for all supported games/ePSXe, it runs everytime you boot, so its easy to forget you installed it 2 weeks ago for testing and wonder why things don't behave as you expect. Caught me out.

darthbane2k

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1199 on: February 21, 2006, 04:22:13 am »
OUTSTANDING GUN GAME ISSUES

Lethal Enforcers II

okay - looks like we can solve this lethal enforcers 2 reload problem by activating the unlimited ammo cheat from cheats.dat - however this requires you to press tab and enable cheat when the game is loaded. This method is NOT practical for a dedicated cab, so im asking you cheat.dat experts out there, how can we force LE2 to load with the cheat already activated or to use say the C button of the LCD topgun to activiate the cheat at will..?

Lethal Enforcers 1

There is NO WAY to reload in this game. There is no Player 1 button 2 listed in the controls so that we can map a button to reload. but oddly enough, player 2 button 2 is listed.
Any ideas?

Locked N Loaded

This game works but does not respond to the gun at all. no cross hair, nothing. When you pull the trigger, the screen flashes, however there is no response, no firing no aiming from the gun.

Lucky N Wild

Not so much an issue, but a question. How in the hell do you play this game? You can fire but the car just crashes...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 04:43:18 am by darthbane2k »