Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: WOW New LightGUN Info !!! Woot!!! :)  (Read 407884 times)

Fat_Trucker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 08, 2010, 11:44:22 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: WOW New LightGUN Info !!! Woot!!! :)
« Reply #960 on: February 12, 2006, 05:39:34 pm »
Hmmmm ermmm OK.... try a reboot without the guns in place then reboot with them again. I still think this might related to a power overload on the USB Bus and windows or your mobo shutting the bus power down to protect the system.

This could well be the problem. The PC in my cab has a 300W PSU and I noticed that even without the second recoil usb plugged in (the clicking drives me up the wall), the cab was hanging on boot-up (taking up to 2 minutes to boot instead of the usual 30 seconds). I have several USB devices running on there already.

Thought it might be driver related although the PC was hanging all the way through POST as well, so uninstalled everything. It made no difference so unplugged the gun and everything reverted to normal.

Seems these puppies do pull a significant amount of juice with or without the recoil plugged in. Running mine through a powered hub now and all is ok.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 05:42:13 pm by Fat_Trucker »
I didn't touch it....honest!

darthbane2k

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 30, 2009, 04:54:06 am
  • Built the cab, just need the time to play!
« Reply #961 on: February 12, 2006, 05:52:23 pm »
Hmmmm ermmm OK.... try a reboot without the guns in place then reboot with them again. I still think this might related to a power overload on the USB Bus and windows or your mobo shutting the bus power down to protect the system.

This could well be the problem. The PC in my cab has a 300W PSU and I noticed that even without the second recoil usb plugged in (the clicking drives me up the wall), the cab was hanging on boot-up (taking up to 2 minutes to boot instead of the usual 30 seconds). I have several USB devices running on there already.

Thought it might be driver related although the PC was hanging all the way through POST as well, so uninstalled everything. It made no difference so unplugged the gun and everything reverted to normal.

Seems these puppies do pull a significant amount of juice with or without the recoil plugged in. Running mine through a powered hub now and all is ok.

i am trying a powered hub and it STILL doesnt work

Lilwolf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2022, 10:26:34 pm
« Reply #962 on: February 12, 2006, 06:17:00 pm »
rrr... moved my computer and now I had to use the usb's on the back (only thing that reached)...

now I'm getting blue screen of death in xp when plugging in the guns... :(  only does it with the wingun driver.  I don't know what can be done :(  last time it was uninstall everything and try again.. for some reason my system now thinks I had the EMS drivers installed... even though I selected the wingun driver.

Since it was messing up, I tried the new EMS drivers.  First, I see no improvements with them...

btw anyone able to get any button presses in mame with these drivers?

But the tracking seems better, but still on par with the wingun driver.  Nothing extra there.  Still seems worse then the public domain free drivers that others have ment for other games... thats pretty lame.

anyway, hopefully they will get a little better support in the weeks to come... and for me... trying to get the other drivers working again.

Fozzy The Bear

• Handbags at dawn in here!!!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2011, 11:29:59 am
  • It's Been One Of Those Days... Don't Ask!
« Reply #963 on: February 12, 2006, 06:25:13 pm »

Like I said last of all.... The thing to try is to plug in the gun and recoil but disconnect the LED stands from the gun lead.... then boot and see if you get Laser and Recoil...  Doing this drops 600ma from the power requirement.

If that works and is live, then plug the LED stands in.

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)
Most bottles and jars contain at least twenty-five percent recycled Pacman.
And research indicates that Space Invaders are strongly attracted to people who have recently eaten meat pies.

MacroX

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 09, 2007, 11:27:30 pm
« Reply #964 on: February 12, 2006, 08:38:49 pm »
I were check the power from the usb ports yesterday.

The power consumtion around 240mV at 4.7V by the gun with LED stands.
The power consumtion 200~400mV  at 4.7V  by the recoil function.

so, if you add with new hubs, and do it with PC power(not external),
it will cause power failure, the hubs power around 4.2 V and 200~300mA from the external hubs ports.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 08:45:35 pm by MacroX »

evh347

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 22, 2022, 04:58:20 pm
« Reply #965 on: February 13, 2006, 04:14:17 am »
The only thing I haven't tried is a powered USB hub.

My working-gun is working beautifully using WINGUN.  HOTD2, VS Duck Hunt, VS Hogan's Alley, Area 51, Maximum Force, Zeropoint, Point Blank...all work very well.

Lethal Enforcers is working great with Mame32v.104u1 now.

However, my non-working gun still won't budge.  No laser, no recoil.  I tried:
  • Uninstalling WINGUN
  • Unplugging the non-working gun
  • Rebooting w/ and w/o the non-working gun (w/o the LED bars plugged in)
  • Reinstalling WINGUN
  • Plugging in the non-working gun

The Device Manager (WINXP Pro) sees a "Guncon2 or Compatible HID" device, but I still have no laser via A+B buttons and that is with or without the USB recoil option plugged in.  WINGUN also detects the non-working gun.

I've also unplugged every USB device from my six available USB ports (except my mouse and keyboard IPAC).  Still no joy.

However, when I plug the working-gun in, it is immediately functional.  I have some rope lighting at the base of my cabinet and the laser is visible whenever I point the gun at it...just like whenever you point it at the active LED bars.

Any other bright ideas?  This non-working gun fired, recoiled, and had an active laser for about two minutes and then just went dead.  This is the response I got back from PlayAsia about exchanging it:

Hello evh347,

thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com

I am sorry to hear about your problem.
Please return the faulty item in original packing to

Play-Asia.com
Attn: Exchanges & Returns
P.O. Box 661
Texaco Road Post Office
Tsuen Wan, NT
Hong Kong

With your return parcel please include a letter describing your problem as well as your order ID as reference number. Latest will be very important for us to handle your exchange.

If you have any further question, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Tony
Play-Asia.com

What do you think?  Is it worth chucking another $40 at it or am I out?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 04:16:23 am by evh347 »

roylazarovich

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2006, 06:54:04 pm
  • Proud ownder of an LCD TopGun
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #966 on: February 13, 2006, 04:39:58 am »
Just got it  ;D
Will report back later

EDIT: by the way my coupon code is: DL-SXZ-PPG for anyone interested in $5 off (minimum order $50)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 04:45:00 am by roylazarovich »

Teebor

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 04, 2009, 12:39:06 pm
  • What does this button do??
« Reply #967 on: February 13, 2006, 04:49:15 am »

Try checking in your BIOS

I hooked up a power hungry USB device but because in the BIOS the USB was set to "optimal" it meant that with all the other devices the machine would load up the device and then unload it again.  This caused no end of havoc in windows.

When I eventually checked it myself I change it to "performance" (in the exact words of my BIOS) and I have not had a problem since.  You may (or may not) have something similar in your BIOS.

Try different settings if you have.

Oh I was also running a self powered USB hub but that didn't make any difference.
How was your french toast dear?
Smelly and ungrateful
-American Dad

darthbane2k

• Offline Offline
« Reply #968 on: February 13, 2006, 04:50:26 am »

it will cause power failure, the hubs power around 4.2 V and 200~300mA from the external hubs ports.

yes that what I did, I tried TWO options

1) using a Mains/Externally powered hub - the second I pull the trigger and the gun recoils, it dies

2) I plugged a mains adaptor directly into the gun - same problem, trigger is pulled, gun recoils and dies.

The funny thing is that when I FIRST setup the gun the day I recieved it, recoil was working fine!
This is really driving me nuts now. Ive wasted money on a usb hub and an additional mains adaptor.

darthbane2k

• Offline Offline
« Reply #969 on: February 13, 2006, 04:52:59 am »
Regarding the FCE Ultra offset problem - i guess its okay, as all of the NES gun games are on MAME anyway via the Vs series.

roylazarovich

• Offline Offline
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #970 on: February 13, 2006, 08:10:34 am »
Well, installation went with no problems what so ever, the led stands fit perfectly to the height of my TV.

The laser is deflected completely off my flat TV monitor and appears on the wall behind me :) so it's rather useless for me.

Started out with the official drivers v3.0, than moved to Smog's driver, had no problem in switching the drivers from the device manager.

I've tested it on House of the Dead 1,2 and 3 and accuracy seems to be really good, calibration is quick and easy.

My problem is, that I don't know how to set Smog's driver to use the gun's reload trigger, located in the gun's handle, so that it will generate a right mouse click in the game, any tips?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 08:12:15 am by roylazarovich »

Smog

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 30, 2007, 06:50:51 am
    • How to make a cheap GunCon2 work on your PC
« Reply #971 on: February 13, 2006, 09:08:29 am »
@roylazarovich
The lcd gun has got different button assignment from the standard guncon2.
Open the control panel select the gun and hit the button you want to remap. See the number of the button (1 to 5) that lights up and then change the button actually mapped in that position to button 2 instead.
in example: You hit the button and the led 3 lights up: this means, in the default config, that the button you have pressed is the "hammer" in a normal guncon2. Change from the combo box from button 3 to button 2 and you're done.
GunCon2PC Driver on http://guncon2pc.no-ip.org/

darthbane2k

• Offline Offline
« Reply #972 on: February 13, 2006, 09:40:41 am »
anyone else having problems with recoil on these things, or is it just me?

roylazarovich

• Offline Offline
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #973 on: February 13, 2006, 09:45:48 am »
Thanks Smog, that worked... guess I skipped the hammer button because I didn't know what it relates to.

By the way, I'm experiencing a problem when playing Point Blank 1 and 2 on the ePSXe emulator, every now and than my fire doesn't register, for instance if I press the fire button 5 times only 2 shots are actually fired, I know someone else has mentioned this and I was wondering if this is a problem in the driver or in the emulator. Point Blank 3 does not work at all but that's an emulator issue all together.

Thanks for the support Smog, your driver is the best for the TopGun in my opinion and hope you'll continue developing it with the TopGun in mind.

@darthbane2k
I did not have a problem with the recoil although I did disable it as it was getting on my nerves

darthbane2k

• Offline Offline
« Reply #974 on: February 13, 2006, 09:48:26 am »
in that case i seriously think my gun is broken.
Anyone know what lik sang are like for returns?

roylazarovich

• Offline Offline
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #975 on: February 13, 2006, 09:56:25 am »

Are you absolutely sure all your wirings are correct?
My setup is like this: the small USB plug that's included in the box is connected to a free USB slot and to the main USB plug, the led stands are also connected to the main plug (not to the base of the gun)

In my opinion the recoil is a feature that I wouldn't mind not working, as long as the gun is accurate, but I understand you wanting to have all the features working.

EDIT: Also you might want to try pluging to a different USB slot, just to elminate the possibility that the slot is defective.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 09:58:24 am by roylazarovich »

darthbane2k

• Offline Offline
« Reply #976 on: February 13, 2006, 10:06:17 am »

Are you absolutely sure all your wirings are correct?
My setup is like this: the small USB plug that's included in the box is connected to a free USB slot and to the main USB plug, the led stands are also connected to the main plug (not to the base of the gun)

In my opinion the recoil is a feature that I wouldn't mind not working, as long as the gun is accurate, but I understand you wanting to have all the features working.

EDIT: Also you might want to try pluging to a different USB slot, just to elminate the possibility that the slot is defective.

*sigh* - Ive tried everything - different ports, self powered hubs, mains powered hubs, direct power supply into the gun etc.. does the same thing every time, the gun begins by working, tracking okay, but the second you pull the trigger, it recoils once and freezes up - the gun no longer controls the mouse.
If recoil is disabled, the gun works fine.

bill55

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 25, 2024, 10:38:59 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #977 on: February 13, 2006, 10:31:51 am »

If I have one of the guns plugged in when the PC boots up it takes forever to get past POST and into Windows. As soon as I unplug the gun it boots up immediately. This is without the recoil cable plugged in. Just the LED stand into the gun and the one USB cable for the gun.

roylazarovich

• Offline Offline
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #978 on: February 13, 2006, 10:45:10 am »
Did anyone else experience the problem where the fire button was not registering all presses and was able to find a solution for this?

Also, is setting the Enhance cursor precision off in the control panel->mouse dialog improves tracking with the gun? should the cursor speed be set to max?

I'm currently calibrating the hardware only (using the A+B buttons and the 6 shots procedure), is it better to also calibrate in Smog's control panel? does it enable extra accuracy?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 10:58:45 am by roylazarovich »

darthbane2k

• Offline Offline
« Reply #979 on: February 13, 2006, 10:54:51 am »
Did anyone else experience the problem where the fire button was not registering all presses and was able to find a solution for this?

Also, is setting the Enhance cursor precision off in the control panel->mouse dialog improves tracking with the gun? should the cursor speed be set to max?

thats a good point - have any of us tried messing around with the control panel mouse settings to improve accuracy and reduce lag?

Minwah

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2019, 05:03:20 am
    • MAMEWAH
« Reply #980 on: February 13, 2006, 11:00:05 am »
Also, is setting the Enhance cursor precision off in the control panel->mouse dialog improves tracking with the gun?

Yes, IIRC what someone earlier in the thread said.

thats a good point - have any of us tried messing around with the control panel mouse settings to improve accuracy and reduce lag?

Yes I think someone did...but it is probably quicker/better to just try it yourself and see what works best.

patrickl

• I cannot know for certain which will be tastiest
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2021, 09:25:30 am
  • Yo momma llama
    • PocketGalaga
« Reply #981 on: February 13, 2006, 11:04:40 am »
However, my non-working gun still won't budge.  No laser, no recoil. 
<snip>
Any other bright ideas?  This non-working gun fired, recoiled, and had an active laser for about two minutes and then just went dead.  This is the response I got back from PlayAsia about exchanging it:
I have a gun with the exact same problem. Recoil and laser worked, but before I had a chance to test it it went dead. Well it does get recognized as a USB device, but other than that no sign of life.
Will it cost $40 to return one gun?
This signature is intentionally left blank

darthbane2k

• Offline Offline
« Reply #982 on: February 13, 2006, 11:05:37 am »
Also, is setting the Enhance cursor precision off in the control panel->mouse dialog improves tracking with the gun?

Yes, IIRC what someone earlier in the thread said.

Yes I think someone did...but it is probably quicker/better to just try it yourself and see what works best.

minwah - did you have any luck getting your recoil working, or does your gun still crap out?

darthbane2k

• Offline Offline
« Reply #983 on: February 13, 2006, 11:06:41 am »
However, my non-working gun still won't budge.  No laser, no recoil. 
<snip>
I have a gun with the exact same problem. Recoil and laser worked, but before I had a chance to test it it went dead. Well it does get recognized as a USB device, but other than that no sign of life.

this is what happened to mine!
Try disabling recoil. Shut down, switch power off. plug gun in (NOT recoil) and I bet you it will work again.

Minwah

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2019, 05:03:20 am
    • MAMEWAH
« Reply #984 on: February 13, 2006, 11:59:43 am »
minwah - did you have any luck getting your recoil working, or does your gun still crap out?

No sorry haven't tried...I've moved home and left my cabinet behind (for now).  I think I read you already tried a seperate transformer, which I hoped would fix it...but maybe not :(

Flinkly

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2017, 01:14:21 pm
« Reply #985 on: February 13, 2006, 12:05:22 pm »
don't use the recoil.  i've kept up on this thread since day one, and if you use the recoil, you will have problems with the device being shut down by the computer due to too much power being pulled through the usb port.

if recoil is a must to you, then send back your gun for huge shipping prices, otherwise, get over the fact that you won't have recoil while your gun works perfectly.  it's not like any other guns on the market even have recoil, so your not missing out on anything.  and if it's really a must, then follow the gun recoil thread that has been floating around in the main forum in the past month and find a different way to do it.

anyone happy enough with their gun to start hacking?  it seems like an easy hack, even if you missaligned the camera by a slight degree, you'd only have to recalibrate to account for it.  i've always been looking to hack a gun into my hotd2 guns that i've got in a box.  they even come with an awesome metal cable to hook up to the cabinet. and room to add a real recoil function.  the only problem i see is how to add those extra buttons to the side.  maybe hack a bio gun?  cept they aren't cast of good materials...

it would improve the feel of the trigger and trigger switch, and the possibilities of recoil would be huge.  and a cable to boot.  of course, i'm gonna have to find a secondary source for the metal cable since i'd need 6 feet of it to get proper gun accuracy.

Cananas

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2017, 07:39:03 am
  • and the seventh day... PacMan was created
« Reply #986 on: February 13, 2006, 12:22:37 pm »

If I have one of the guns plugged in when the PC boots up it takes forever to get past POST and into Windows. As soon as I unplug the gun it boots up immediately. This is without the recoil cable plugged in. Just the LED stand into the gun and the one USB cable for the gun.

It seems that it depends the hardware you have. On of my computers boot up well with the gun plugged (not recoil). The other computer have problems with the boot up with the gun connected (also not recoil). Very swlooooooooly.

I'm trying to determinate what's the problem...

Silver

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2024, 10:29:00 am
  • Cunning like the Fox.
    • Mods'n'Mods
« Reply #987 on: February 13, 2006, 12:52:47 pm »

It seems that it depends the hardware you have. On of my computers boot up well with the gun plugged (not recoil). The other computer have problems with the boot up with the gun connected (also not recoil). Very swlooooooooly.

I'm trying to determinate what's the problem...

I've had this issue on 2 out of 3 pc's - but its not just the guns. If I plug my usb hub into them before booting, it takes 2 mins to go through the bios and the whole PC runs extremely slowly. Very odd. Guns have same effect.

I believe its a motherboard/bios issue (on the asus forums for my motherboard, lots of other people have this issue when a USB hub is plugged in. Plugging it in after boot, and it works perfectly, same as the guns.) It seems more prevelant on recent motherboards.

Lilwolf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #988 on: February 13, 2006, 01:00:56 pm »
btw, I'm I the only one having blue screens of death problems running wingun when plugging in the guns?

evh347

• Offline Offline
« Reply #989 on: February 13, 2006, 01:11:12 pm »

yes that what I did, I tried TWO options

1) using a Mains/Externally powered hub - the second I pull the trigger and the gun recoils, it dies

2) I plugged a mains adaptor directly into the gun - same problem, trigger is pulled, gun recoils and dies.

The funny thing is that when I FIRST setup the gun the day I recieved it, recoil was working fine!
This is really driving me nuts now. Ive wasted money on a usb hub and an additional mains adaptor.

That is exactly how I would describe what happened with the first gun I tried to setup.  I was basically marveling over the fact that the gun would recoil as I pulled the trigger...after about 10-20 squeezes, it just stopped and I was like, "Hey, what just happened?"  Then I noticed the laser was no longer turning on as well. 

EDIT:
I'll just restate the fact that I've tried rebooting with tthe non-working gun plugged into the USB and nothing else was plugged in.  That means, the recoil was not plugged in.  Question...why does one gun have no issues and yet one gun does?  Firmware?  Sometimes the simplest answer is the correct one.  What are the odds that a bunch of lemons were produced during the recent mass-release of these things?  Hmmm....
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 01:20:15 pm by evh347 »

evh347

• Offline Offline
« Reply #990 on: February 13, 2006, 01:15:44 pm »

I'm not sure...I'm only guessing at what it would cost to ship it back to Hong Kong from the United States.

MKChamp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2024, 02:45:53 pm
  • Stil around.
« Reply #991 on: February 13, 2006, 01:34:05 pm »
Ok...riddle me this...
I do not have the recoil connected at all. When I boot up the pc and point the gun at the desktop(I'm using wingun drivers) the cursor moves...if I then 'cock the chamber' on the gun, it no longer moves the mouse cursor. The laser stays on, however. Hitting the start/select button re-engages the cursor control.

Also still having issues where the gun just turns off (no laser etc) and I must hit the start/select button to turn it back on. I noticed it happens alot when handing the gun to a friend. Weird...maybe static electricity????

roylazarovich

• Offline Offline
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #992 on: February 13, 2006, 02:02:37 pm »
btw, I'm I the only one having blue screens of death problems running wingun when plugging in the guns?

Oh my god, for a while there I thought I've killed my gun, I've been playing with the drivers to see which would work best, and I installed WinGun, than I plugged my gun in and my computer instantly rebooted, after I boot up again the gun was no longer working, I could not even get the laser pointer to show or the recoil to work.

I tried going back to Smog's, I tried going back to the official drivers... nothing.

Than I uninstalled everything, ran Registry Mechanic, rebooted fresh, installed Smog's driver back, and for a short while it seemed like it's still dead, than suddenly a sign of life, a red dot shining on the wall :)

So the gun is back, but I would advice everyone against playing around with the drivers, just find something and stick with it, WinGun did not work on my computer and infact caused the problem, but I understand it works quite well on other people's computers, but as for me I'm staying loyal to Smog's driver and hope he'll continue to develop the driver for the TopGun.

On a side note... I really wish my laser could show on my flat screen, because my target is never spot on and I always have to compansate for that, if I had the laser target I could adjust it to where the bullet actually hit and that way I could have a better reference. any ideas how to prevent a laser beam from deflecting off of a flat TV screen and into my retina?

EDIT: Ah... my dad is so smart, he placed a nylon on the screen and now the laser is showing, why didn't I think of that, obviously I got my intelligence from my mom :)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 02:44:36 pm by roylazarovich »

Flinkly

• Offline Offline
« Reply #993 on: February 13, 2006, 02:50:43 pm »
you could sand the surface of the screen a bit, so it would reflect the light in different directions...

as for the non working gun, it sounds like three normal things are happening, and then the worst case scenario that hasn't happened yet.

1.  drivers are battling over your gun and that's why it won't work (software problems)
2.  your second gun needs more distance than the first to see the led's, so move around (user error)
3.  your trying to use recoil, or your over drawing your power accross usb anyways (pc hardware problems)
4.  your gun really doesn't work (so far hasn't happened...and gun hardware error)

also, after all these problems with usb, isn't there some bios settings for usb that might stop some of these problems with usb on startup and maybe even lag issues?  like polling or something, the difference between usb 2.0 and the other...just trying to fish for solutions.

Lilwolf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #994 on: February 13, 2006, 03:20:27 pm »
Good, so its not just me.

btw, I didn't change the drivers... I just plugged it into another USB port... which required me to reinstall the drivers... selected the same ones... and that was it.

I'm pretty sure I could get it all working again... but not going to play with it right now...

Lilwolf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #995 on: February 13, 2006, 03:22:28 pm »
Next question.

Is ANYONE able to use the stock v3.0 drivers to work in mame?  I can get motion, but it doesn't recognise the button presses. 

I know its configured right since I can see it in a dos window thats selected when I'm shooting/testing in windows.  I tried both mouse presses and keyboard presses... neither worked.

RandyT

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:40:25 pm
  • Friends don't let friends hack keyboards.
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #996 on: February 13, 2006, 03:37:32 pm »
Ok...riddle me this...
I do not have the recoil connected at all. When I boot up the pc and point the gun at the desktop(I'm using wingun drivers) the cursor moves...if I then 'cock the chamber' on the gun, it no longer moves the mouse cursor. The laser stays on, however. Hitting the start/select button re-engages the cursor control.

I don't think "cocking the chamber" on these is a good idea.  While poking around inside mine, I noticed that the recoil mech was basically an DC motor.  By manually sliding that mech back and forth, you are manually turning the motor, essentially turning it into a small generator.

It probably kicks voltage back and confuses something.  Too much of that might be a bad thing for your gun.

RandyT

Flinkly

• Offline Offline
« Reply #997 on: February 13, 2006, 03:38:37 pm »
i heard it doesn't support in game offscreen reload, so it's not the ideal solution yet, but it is nice to have paid workers working on a solution.  it sounds like they've made improvement.

MKChamp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2024, 02:45:53 pm
  • Stil around.
« Reply #998 on: February 13, 2006, 04:34:24 pm »
I think I might have a loose connection inside the gun. If I tap it on the side, it stops controlling the mouse cursor until I hit the start/select. Looks like I may have to take it apart unless I pay to ship it back.

aljupy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 23, 2011, 07:30:06 pm
« Reply #999 on: February 13, 2006, 05:26:50 pm »
@SMOG

Do you succes connecting 2 x "LCD TOP GUN" at same time to play 2 LightGuns With your Driver??

I tried several times with your driver, but before or later one of the LightGuns, makes the famous "I go to the Edge and I´ll stay there". I would like to know if you can play with 2 guns.

@Randy T

Thanks for your XBOX/PS2 info for calibration. I emailed manufacturer last week to know and he said me this (Wich is the same that you explained):

Dear Alberto Juan Pintado,

Thank you for your email.

Regards your case, it is likely that the actual game screen is larger then your TV could display. As you aim at the four corner of your TV screen during the calibration instead of aiming at the four corner of the actual game screen, your gun would only accurate when you aim at the center. To fix this problem, please aim at the four corner of the actual game screen during the calibration.

If this is not the case, please contact us again, we would try our best to help you. Thank you very much.

Regards,
EMS Henry
www.hkems.com

If you dominate the "Trick", and If you calibrate Well in Xbox you reach an accuracy 10 times better than a "Mad Catz Blaster" (for Xbox)  :o I´m Very Surprised.

I know that you know it. I just wanted to drop here what manufacturer said :)

Thanks for all!!!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 05:29:18 pm by aljupy »