Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: questions for designing cpo.  (Read 932 times)

sanousuke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 13, 2009, 05:21:37 pm
  • I'm a llama!
questions for designing cpo.
« on: August 02, 2004, 02:31:39 pm »
Hello... First post... I've been wanting to post here for awhile, but was just able to register today.

I have a few questions on designing a cpo in paintshop pro or photoshop, I have the same problem in both.

I did make a cpo, but I was only able to make it in 55 resolution. The reason is the grid and rulers aren't accurate, 1 inch is like 2 inches. I know why, but is there away around that? When I took my cpo to kinkos to get it printed out, it was really blurrly, I think it was because of the resolution or that I made it in psp and they were using photoshop to print it out.

Basically, I want to use 150 resolution and I want the rulers and grid to be accurate at 100%. My friend told me to just zoom out, but that doesn't make a difference because when you zoom back in to 100%, the button I just created is no longer 1 inch, it's like 2 inches.

What do most of you guys who make cpos do?

Felsir

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 28, 2022, 01:21:47 pm
  • Creating cab artwork
    • Felsir's World
Re:questions for designing cpo.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 05:50:55 pm »
Most of us use vector based programs to creat CPOs. Vector based programs can use the real inches while creating your art and produce a bitmap for the printer in any resolution and DPI and still be accurate in measurements.

motorfish

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 30, 2009, 03:35:08 am
Re:questions for designing cpo.
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 12:29:29 pm »
I use Photoshop at a resolution of around 300 to 400 DPI.

Seems to work just fine for me.

- Dan
Have you paid your dues Jack?......Yessir, the check is in the mail!