Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Act-Lab TV USB Light Gun does not work  (Read 1767 times)

unclet

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2023, 07:34:43 pm
Act-Lab TV USB Light Gun does not work
« on: April 12, 2004, 01:00:40 pm »
I was one of the first people to pre-ordered my ActLabs TV USB light gun back in Jan 2003 and I finally got around to hooking it up this past weekend...... and had a big problem.

Let me first say that my ATI video card has a 7-pin S-Video out male connector and came with a 4' long y-split adapter cable.  One end of this adapter cable is a female 7-pin S-Video (which connects into the video card) and the other end of the adapter cable splits into a RCA Video jack and a 4-pin SVideo jack.

Anyway, I took the hammerhead cable supplied with the ActLabs gun and connnected the 4-pin S-Video cable from my video card adapter cable and then connected the S-Video cable going to my TV into the other end of the hammerhead connector.  What happened was that my video display was no longing working (ie: I saw no image on my TV).    While everything remained on, I simply removed the hammerhead piece and connected my S-Video from my TV into the adpater cable 4-pin S-Video cable of my video card and my video display was seen normally.

Basically, when the ActLabs hammerhead part was between the video card and TV, then no display was seen.    I called ActLabs and they recommended getting a video card wihch has a 4-pin S-Video connector on the card itself so the hammerhead piece could interface directly with the card instead of at the end of a 4' adapter cable.   The ActLab folks told me they could not be certain how the video card was sending their signals through the 7-pin output of their card, so unless I got a video card with a 4-pin S-Video out, they did not know what else to do.

Did anyone have an issues similiar to this before?  Does everyone connect their hammerhead ActLabs connector directly to their video card?  

I thought most video cards these days have a 7-pin video out directly from the card so the card could interface with a RCA video jack or 4-pin S-Video jack on the TV (ie: offering two separate video input options for the TV).