Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ultrastyle v4.0  (Read 544 times)

ultrastyle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 09:52:29 pm
    • ultrastyle MAME Front-end
ultrastyle v4.0
« on: October 03, 2023, 12:03:20 am »
hey fellas, long time.

This summer I've been rebuilding my config app, I've put a SQLite backend on it in an attempt to futureproof it a bit. My hope was I could wire the frontend up to it and be back in action. However ultrastyle itself runs in Blitz3D, which has not had updates in many moons. I happen to have spent some time making stuff in unity, and I didn't think I would be going this route so soon, but I've started to rebuild ultrastyle from the ground up in unity. right now I have a scrolling wheel, I can launch mame fullscreen and return to the app, and I can read the data from SQLite. Tonight, I've messed around with getting a test marquee image textured on the wheel. I've learned a lot since my first time around, so I'm hoping to make the FE feature rich. I've got no timeframe, but I'd like to get something out before the end of the new year. I've created a subreddit where I will have a devlog as well as some in progress images. r/ultrastyle was not already taken. I can remember the first time around building the features that users asked for was very satisfying. So far, this version feels a lot more solid than the old Blitz3D version, so that's nice. I've simplified the setup as well, so I hope that's an improvement as well.

Cheers,
Chris